Expired Hot Deals

Rockstar

Hot! Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode - $4.80 USD (Reg $39.99 USD)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 2:48 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9060 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone getting a bug with the Rockstar launcher? Whenever I exit RDR2 the entire screen that the game is played on 'dims'. It won't reset until I restart the machine. Terribly annoying.
Oct 13, 2014
343 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
I bought red dead online via epic but do not see it in the epic launcher for install... what'd I do wrong?
Aug 2, 2018
72 posts
62 upvotes
Isn't it a risk to refund the online version? I'm seeing in a previous post the rockstar still tries to ask for you to verify through epic. What if for example on a new comp and you deleted the game installation so you don't already have Red Dead downloaded? Won't you be unable to download the game to play the story mode?

Basically if Rockstar doesn't allow to download you might as well have been pirating the game or should have done so in the first place
Nov 7, 2010
133 posts
60 upvotes
Quick question. I already refunded the online mode only in Epic store. But in the future if I decide to play on a new PC. Do I require to have the online mode to play story mode??
Jun 28, 2021
285 posts
412 upvotes
mcwilly wrote: Does anyone know what the current version of this game is? I played it when it first hit PC and there was a lot of bugs and optimizing issues. Lots of crashes and game breaking quests that made me stop playing and refund.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw that they did release an update that included DLSS support making it run much better.
I think Rockstar ports are always a bit wonky at launch. I played a whole bunch of story mode last spring and I don't think I ran into any crashes or major issues at all.
Nov 7, 2010
133 posts
60 upvotes
zenpher wrote: Exactly. Once you buy from Rockstar the single player game is linked to that.
If I decide to play rdr2 on a new PC. Do I need the online mode to play the story mode? Or can I just install the rockstar launcher and play the story mode. Because I know the fact that you can’t purchase the story mode unless you have the online mode. I just want to make sure that it will work without online mode if Idecide to play again on a new pc.
May 11, 2014
408 posts
244 upvotes
BC
Was 80% done on xbox one version of the game, sucks restarting on pc. But ists a different experience playing on an ultrawidescreen.
Jun 28, 2021
285 posts
412 upvotes
LyGuy wrote: Is this game well optimized and/or graphic intensive?
My rig is pretty old....but interested in playing
RDR2 is graphics intensive, but it does allow you to make a lot of visual changes to reduce the load on your computer. You can turn off shadows, simplify lighting, lower the water complexity, reduce the amount of grass, remove textures, etc etc etc. Some stuff doesn't make a huge difference to your experience, but can give you a lot of frames.

There are a few guides and comparison videos online that can give you an idea of what's possible. Of course, the beautiful environments are a big draw of the game, so you're missing out on some of the magic if you have to turn everything down to get it to run.
Apr 23, 2015
108 posts
51 upvotes
hieidarkdragon wrote: If I decide to play rdr2 on a new PC. Do I need the online mode to play the story mode? Or can I just install the rockstar launcher and play the story mode. Because I know the fact that you can’t purchase the story mode unless you have the online mode. I just want to make sure that it will work without online mode if Idecide to play again on a new pc.
You'll be fine. I was able to install the story mode and start it on a separate windows installation on my pc.
Sep 1, 2008
267 posts
147 upvotes
hieidarkdragon wrote: If I decide to play rdr2 on a new PC. Do I need the online mode to play the story mode? Or can I just install the rockstar launcher and play the story mode. Because I know the fact that you can’t purchase the story mode unless you have the online mode. I just want to make sure that it will work without online mode if Idecide to play again on a new pc.
You don't need the online mode. You purchased single player directly from Rockstar and can use their launcher to install on a new PC with no issues.
Sep 23, 2006
119 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know how to get this working for someone who already has RDR2 Online with Steam?
I purchased the Epic version of RDR2 Online and then purchased the RDR2 for $7.x CAD, tried the method of installing the Rockstar launcher and copying the RDR2 online folder to the Rockstar folder as per the instructions BUT
I dont get the install RDR2 in the Rockstar launcher, but message to launch RDR2 Online via "Play on Steam" button
No where I see the ability to play RDR2 stand alone in the Rockstar Launcher.
Jun 10, 2020
896 posts
919 upvotes
I bought the Xbox Game like.. 3 months after release for $40 from Microsoft's online store one xmas. Good deal, I think. Am I missing something here?
I'm presuming now they've split that game into 'online mode' and 'story (single player) mode to monetize? Am I right?

Still, Yes, I suppose $10 for both is better than the $30-40 I paid 3 years ago.. Sorta, .. older game now.
Jun 4, 2017
20 posts
16 upvotes
deereal wrote: Anyone know how to get this working for someone who already has RDR2 Online with Steam?
I purchased the Epic version of RDR2 Online and then purchased the RDR2 for $7.x CAD, tried the method of installing the Rockstar launcher and copying the RDR2 online folder to the Rockstar folder as per the instructions BUT
I dont get the install RDR2 in the Rockstar launcher, but message to launch RDR2 Online via "Play on Steam" button
No where I see the ability to play RDR2 stand alone in the Rockstar Launcher.
I had the same issue, had to uninstall the game from steam to fix it.
[OP]
Jul 26, 2007
387 posts
408 upvotes
DasHip wrote: I bought the Xbox Game like.. 3 months after release for $40 from Microsoft's online store one xmas. Good deal, I think. Am I missing something here?
I'm presuming now they've split that game into 'online mode' and 'story (single player) mode to monetize? Am I right?

Still, Yes, I suppose $10 for both is better than the $30-40 I paid 3 years ago.. Sorta, .. older game now.
Yes about a year ago they split online and story mode. They are following the battle pass model, similar to other F2P games, to make money (except in this case youre still paying to have the online version as well).
Aug 31, 2018
15 posts
4 upvotes
Followed the guide and everything worked except copying the files from the Epic Store folder to the Rockstar Games folder. It wouldn't verify the files and just downloaded what was already there a second time, but worked regardless. Thanks OP.
Aug 7, 2014
87 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
1. Rename the RDR folder to "Red Dead Redemption 2" and it will disappear from both epic launcher and the rockstar launcher.
2. Refund RDR online from epic
3. Delete .egstore folder in the RDR installation folder
4. Open rockstar launcher and it'll think RDR isn't installed anymore.
5. Point rockstar launcher to the renamed folder after clicking on install. Make sure your folder is called "Red Dead Redemption 2" and then when choosing a path make sure you pick the parent folder of the RDR installation folder you already have on your pc. E.g.
I've purchased the story mode from RS and refunded epic (online). But when I start the RS launcher I don't see any option to install.
screen
Jan 12, 2007
273 posts
62 upvotes
dsbmac wrote: I've purchased the story mode from RS and refunded epic (online). But when I start the RS launcher I don't see any option to install.
screen
Yep that's exactly what I'm seeing as well. I got the receipt that I purchased story mode directly from RockStar but when I go back into Rockstar Launcher it's not even in my library. I closed the launchers and restart my PC tried everything but not seeing it in my Rockstar Launcher library. Don't want to have to go through support for this nonsense....
Nov 23, 2021
17 posts
7 upvotes
Kelowna BC
Astroblue wrote: Yep that's exactly what I'm seeing as well. I got the receipt that I purchased story mode directly from RockStar but when I go back into Rockstar Launcher it's not even in my library. I closed the launchers and restart my PC tried everything but not seeing it in my Rockstar Launcher library. Don't want to have to go through support for this nonsense....
Yup, experiencing this exact same thing. I see RDR2 in my Rockstar library and when I click it, it says "Play on Epic". But can't do anything more than that. No option to install. If I click "Play on Epic" then it opens on Epic and says permissions denied.

Followed all other instructions. Not sure what to do here now..
Nov 13, 2018
83 posts
135 upvotes
JLu416 wrote: I bought red dead online via epic but do not see it in the epic launcher for install... what'd I do wrong?
Just go to Story Mode page in game. It will prompt you to buy the story mode via rockstar launcher.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)