Expired Hot Deals

[Rockwell Razors] Rockwell Razors: 15% off all orders + Free 100 Blades/Blade Bank + FS

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2020 11:15 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21257 posts
153297 upvotes
GTA

Rockwell Razors: 15% off all orders + Free 100 Blades/Blade Bank + FS

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Rockwell Razors
If you want to get started with wet shaving, Rockwell has 15% all orders with code DAD15, 100 free blades and a blade bank, and free shipping on all orders.

http://www.getrockwell.ca
43 replies
Oct 14, 2018
25 posts
26 upvotes
Thanks OP, does anyone know if they have had better sales at boxing day or similar? I love my Rockwell 2C and I’ve been saving for a 6S
Sep 8, 2017
54 posts
29 upvotes
Thanks OP; been looking to upgrade for a while now. In for the 6S
Ever since I discovered RFD, I've spent so much money in the interest of saving money...
Jul 28, 2007
570 posts
900 upvotes
Calgary
Can anyone explain how these compare to a Mach 3?

I have tried the 4 and 5 blade cartridges but the blades are too close together, and 2 blade shaving always seems rough.
May 28, 2015
75 posts
33 upvotes
Milton, ON
Dunderhead wrote: Can anyone explain how these compare to a Mach 3?

I have tried the 4 and 5 blade cartridges but the blades are too close together, and 2 blade shaving always seems rough.
Never switched back after trying the double edge safety razors. The cartridge razors dull out very quickly for me at least. The safety razors last me months and replacements extremely cheap -- 100 blades for $17 which can last you more than a year probably. Although be careful at first you'll end up giving yourself quite a few cuts.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21257 posts
153297 upvotes
GTA
Dunderhead wrote: Can anyone explain how these compare to a Mach 3?

One of the main things to remember is, ease up on the pressure you are applying to your face - let the weight of the razor do the work. You should hold it so that it *almost* slips through your fingers - very light grip, so quite different than with the cartridge razors. Also, preparation is key - especially lathering up well with a good shave cream/shave soap. Try to avoid the stuff that comes in cans. I prefer tubs over tubes because it's easier to use up that last bit of shave cream. I've tried many shave creams (have not tried soaps yet) and I keep going back to this one:

https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-ca/men/s ... /p/p002836

It lathers well, and you don't need a whole lot of it for each because of that. $18 regular price but often on sale and works out to $10-11 for a tub.
Oct 25, 2018
743 posts
745 upvotes
I've been curious about a razor like this for a long, long time.

As someone who is running low on old Dorco Xmas blades, what is the difference between a Double Edge Safety and an Adjustable??
Aug 1, 2010
913 posts
593 upvotes
Thx OP! Got the 6S Matte Black. Looks sick!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3518 posts
976 upvotes
MikeB84225 wrote: I've been curious about a razor like this for a long, long time.

As someone who is running low on old Dorco Xmas blades, what is the difference between a Double Edge Safety and an Adjustable??
Adjustable is a double edge, just with different "aggression" settings. Rockwell 6C/6S is an adjustable razor in a way, just with interchangeable plates instead of all-in-one. Rockwell's T razor is an adjustable, to give you an idea.

Different manufactures, and even their different razors, all have different "aggression" levels, which is the gap between the plate and the actual blade. So, as a beginner having an interchangeable like the 6C allows you to find that sweet spot for you without buying/trying 6 different razors.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3518 posts
976 upvotes
colavs19 wrote: Thx OP! Got the 6S Matte Black. Looks sick!
While the SS is the superior material, I've read a few places that the finish doesn't glide as smoothly since it's a machined finish. Just in case you weren't aware of that.
Aug 1, 2010
913 posts
593 upvotes
hvc wrote: While the SS is the superior material, I've read a few places that the finish doesn't glide as smoothly since it's a machined finish. Just in case you weren't aware of that.
Compared to the 6C?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3518 posts
976 upvotes
colavs19 wrote: Compared to the 6C?
Yeah, the 6S is a more solid razor and the better material, no doubt, but it's not a smooth finish like a chrome or rodium-plated razor. This causes a bit more friction, and some people don't like it or can't get used to it.

You may love it, I don't know, I was just providing the information. The black 6s is one of my favourite looking razors though.
Jan 29, 2020
158 posts
163 upvotes
It's a great hobby. You can collect old razors from buy/sell forums and refurbish them.

You will have to try out about 5-6 types of blades before you find one that works well. Look up videos by "Geo Fat Boy".

I think the prices of this vendor are pretty fair.

Good luck to all!