Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers Wireless] (Rogers) $25 LG G tab 3 + 10% off on Biz Plans + S7/S7e($800 credits back) + $10 BT L

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2016 7:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8166 posts
46976 upvotes
Ontario

[Rogers Wireless] (Rogers) $25 LG G tab 3 + 10% off on Biz Plans + S7/S7e($800 credits back) + $10 BT L

More offers from Rogers Wireless
I went back to Rogers yesterday to get the LG tablet 3 from Rogers and found out a better promo.
Probably not nationwide because I found out this store always offer better promos than others.

Key Points:
1) LG G tablet 3 = $25
2) Same old Samsung Promo ( S7E is cheaper now )
3) 10% off my SMB plans. ( paid $50 to Wireless ETC employee to get it for all my lines) ( I know I can get it for free if I signed up with them but they can only offer $400 credits max with no free SD cards)
4) Logitax BT Speaker $10 (This is pretty loud and decent sounds too.)

I posted this before but now it’s getting sweeter with the new promotions.

Plan Promo:

Main Line = $100 + $50 = $150
- Unlimited Canada wide Calling
- Unlimited text, picture and video messaging
- Caller ID and Voicemail
- Roam Like Home
- 4GB Data Shared

Samsung Promo:
Samsung Galaxy S7 = $400 = 2 years contract
Samsung Galaxy S7E = $400 (Original $500) = 2 years contract

You will get the following credits back:
$400 port in credits
$250 trade in credits
$100 special credits
$50 extra credits
Total: $800 credits back to your account after 90 days.

Tablet Promos:

LG G Pad 3 :

Outright Price = $240 - $50 = $190
Contract Price = $5 + $7.92 = $12.92 Per Month = 2 years contract
You will get the following credits back:
$50 extra credits
$150 trade in credits (trade my old crappy Samsung tab 2 from TD promotion)

Total: $200 credits back to your account after 90 days.

Cancel it after 90 days =
$20 (Connection Fee) + $15 (3 months plan) + $190 = $225 - $150 (Trade in) - $50 (extra credits) = $25 + taxes

19 replies
May 11, 2011
341 posts
331 upvotes
Vancouver
Would be great if they accepted all tablets. Would go for it if they accepted Nexus 7 2012 - so sloooow. I would buy the LG G Pad 3 if you are interested in selling it.
Apr 22, 2016
79 posts
88 upvotes
Thanks for your thread! How do you get the $50 extra credits on Tablet promo? Is it a store promo?
Does the $150 trade credit is applied only if I take a Share Everything plan?
Do you know if this credit is applicable on your device balance after 3 months?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1528 posts
174 upvotes
Don't you need the share everything plan to do trade in?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1280 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
May I ask which location OP deal with?
Simple is the best.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1410 posts
501 upvotes
Another guy looking where that $50 credit came from. Also, is this 1 limit to account? My share everything plan has me and a friend, and we both have samsung tabs we would want to trade in for lg gpads(and i plan on canceling the data plan asap. He'll keep his through the contract)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8166 posts
46976 upvotes
Ontario
Alexis75 wrote: Thanks for your thread! How do you get the $50 extra credits on Tablet promo? Is it a store promo?
Does the $150 trade credit is applied only if I take a Share Everything plan?
Do you know if this credit is applicable on your device balance after 3 months?
I activate several phones from him before and also signed up MC and referred my friends to him so I guess that is YMMV.
But he's friendly so it's worth a shot to ask him.

I got my brother S7 credits already on his 2nd bill. So I guess it works the same like the tablet?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8166 posts
46976 upvotes
Ontario
bigbug wrote: Don't you need the share everything plan to do trade in?
I got the old Share Everything Flex business so it still applies since its Share Everything Plan.
blackart wrote: May I ask which location OP deal with?
I went to Lansdowne in Richmond.
Scott86 wrote: Another guy looking where that $50 credit came from. Also, is this 1 limit to account? My share everything plan has me and a friend, and we both have samsung tabs we would want to trade in for lg gpads(and i plan on canceling the data plan asap. He'll keep his through the contract)

As mentioned earlier, you can try asking him. I've dealt with him many times and don't need to fight for it etc.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1410 posts
501 upvotes
Another stupid q. What do they expect with the trade in? Will i need the charger and cable(can always do with a spare charger) or is the tablet on its own good enough.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8166 posts
46976 upvotes
Ontario
Scott86 wrote: Another stupid q. What do they expect with the trade in? Will i need the charger and cable(can always do with a spare charger) or is the tablet on its own good enough.
No you don't. Any cheap smartphone is good enough as long as you can turn it on and no cracks.
If you guys dont have it and can't find one, you can pay the guy $30 and he will get you one. This is what I did because my brother don't want to trade in his S5
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2016 posts
178 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Is the 10% off just something you asked for? I know I read costco did it at some point in the past...
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1410 posts
501 upvotes
Just got back from a rogers store. The person selling the tablet said that theres no way to cancle the contract without having to pay for the entire tablet. So the lg gpad 3 would need a full 24 months of service @ $10 a month, addind another $240 ontop of the $40 after the trade in... so i skipped it.

Sucks, cause the samsung t110 is just about too slow to be of any use now, and i doubt itll be on future trade in offers... but $280 is too much, esp when the share plan i have is only 5gb(between 2 phones and 2 tablets, its stretched too thin)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8166 posts
46976 upvotes
Ontario
Scott86 wrote: Just got back from a rogers store. The person selling the tablet said that theres no way to cancle the contract without having to pay for the entire tablet. So the lg gpad 3 would need a full 24 months of service @ $10 a month, addind another $240 ontop of the $40 after the trade in... so i skipped it.

Sucks, cause the samsung t110 is just about too slow to be of any use now, and i doubt itll be on future trade in offers... but $280 is too much, esp when the share plan i have is only 5gb(between 2 phones and 2 tablets, its stretched too thin)
This doesn't make sense. I think the rep who helped you just BS and want you to stay so he/she can get commissions. My friend who works at The mobile Shop in Superstore said they only get commissions if the customer stays with them for at least 6 months.
So I think your rep is just scaring you.

The tab right now is $190. Not $240. And yes of course you have to pay for the entire tablet when you cancel.

$190+tax = $212.8
+ $5 X 3 ( 3 months service fee ) = $15 + taxes = $16.80

Total = $229.6

- $150 = Trade in
- $50 = extra credits ( YMMV )

Grand Total = $29.6

I did the calculation with taxes for you.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8166 posts
46976 upvotes
Ontario
Scott86 wrote: Just got back from a rogers store. The person selling the tablet said that theres no way to cancle the contract without having to pay for the entire tablet. So the lg gpad 3 would need a full 24 months of service @ $10 a month, addind another $240 ontop of the $40 after the trade in... so i skipped it.

This doesn't make sense. I think the rep who helped you just BS and want you to stay so he/she can get commissions. My friend who works at The mobile Shop in Superstore said they only get commissions if the customer stays with them for at least 6 months.

The tab right now is $190. Not $240. And yes of course you have to pay for the entire tablet when you cancel.

$190+tax = $212.8

Total = $229.6

- $150 = Trade in

Grand Total = $29.6

Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1410 posts
501 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: This doesn't make sense. I think the rep who helped you just BS and want you to stay so he/she can get commissions. My friend who works at The mobile Shop in Superstore said they only get commissions if the customer stays with them for at least 6 months.

$190+tax = $212.8

Total = $229.6

- $150 = Trade in

Grand Total = $29.6

Thanks. I'll print this out and take it with me when i go tomorrow. I guess the $50 credit is if you're account is in good standing? I have been with rogers for 15 months(on a shared plan with a friend) so i dont know if i have even been accumulating rogers points(or whatever they are called. Saw them mentioned earlier) but if they're there, i'll cash them out to try to get this as cheaply as possible. Dont have a ton of spare cash at the moment, so this upgrade costing me $15 to $65 is great, and for how little i used my T110, i cant justify spending any more(or going up to a higher end tablet like the Samsung option)