Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers: $30 6GB LTE Data Plan is back! (SMOKING HOT)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2013 12:08 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1014 posts
557 upvotes

[Rogers] Rogers: $30 6GB LTE Data Plan is back! (SMOKING HOT)

I don't have any website source or Rogers links to this, but my friend was trying to adjust her plan through retentions to attempt to get more data (as she wanted to get more for the galaxy s3). She didn't get transferred to retentions, but instead NORMAL customer care just offered her the $30 6GB LTE Data plan!

Curious as I was, also because I only had the normal 6GB data plan (they wouldnt adjust me to the LTE before), I called in to just the regular *611, and lo and behold, I got the $30 6GB LTE data plan, no hassles, no questions asked replaced on my plan.

Good deal, perhaps Rogers is doing this for the S3 launch!

Call *611 to verify, but I'm 100% sure this is correct =D

edit:

thanks to tisitwon for this little tutorial:
tisitwon wrote: Rogers employee here (ugh...)

Here's how you guys can get this discount. Just let me say that NO ONE has been trained about this discount, and all of our internal documentation says that the $30/6GB deal expired back in February. I didn't know it actually existed until I spoke with an RFD user who insisted that it did, and about an hour of research of my own.

The SOC (billing code) that the rep needs to find in the system is SHSSRA025. The regular code is SHSSRA029, but it costs $60. SHSSRA025 is $30 for 6gb LTE.

The trick is that if the plan you are currently on already includes data, this billing code will not even show up in the system. The rep needs to put you on a voice-only plan first (like one of the "unlimited" plans, and then SHSSRA025 will show up in the available add-ons for that plan. It does require a 3-year commitment, but the rep should be able to backdate that to your original commitment start date if you had data previously (sorry, the system won't let them get around that if this is your first time adding data).

Anything else that anyone's been told about it being Quebec only, or requiring a 2-year plan instead of a 3, is *****, and is just being told to you by reps who can't find the code so that they don't look like complete idiots (since Rogers has not made any of us aware of its existence or how to get to it).

Best of luck :)

good luck
1641 replies
Dec 24, 2008
749 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
do you work for rogers?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
84 upvotes
Don't ask any questions. Just call and get them to switch it. I did this last time they offered it and it was a no-hassle switch over to the 6GB plan.

Thanks, OP.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1637 posts
270 upvotes
Any catch? Contract? Can you get data without voice?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
She couldve gotten it for $20
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1014 posts
557 upvotes
LOL no, i dont work for rogers

like i said, my friend was trying to bargain for retentions for a few days now in prep to getting her S3, but today she just called in to try to get the 6GB lte data plan, and she got it with no hassles

so i tried as well, and got it =D - if you dont want it, then leave this thread and walk away

im pretty sure MANY people would want this thoguh
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
cryingx wrote: LOL no, i dont work for rogers

like i said, my friend was trying to bargain for retentions for a few days now in prep to getting her S3, but today she just called in to try to get the 6GB lte data plan, and she got it with no hassles

so i tried as well, and got it =D - if you dont want it, then leave this thread and walk away

im pretty sure MANY people would want this thoguh
You should post In the Rogers Retention's thread!
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
You can easily get this through retentions at BELUS at any time, whose reps seem to be more laid back and willing to help. Problem with Rogers (and it shows in declining revenue) is that their retention department have little flexibility and major attitude to understand how to compromise. Not to mention dishonest in store sale reps. I guess this is a good deal though to get 6GB for $30 without having to go through normal hassle of retention if you don't mind sticking with Rogers for another 3 years :cheesygri :cheesygri
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
LostInTruth wrote: You can easily get this through retentions at BELUS, whose reps seem to be more laid back and willing to help. Problem with Rogers (and it shows in declining revenue) is that their retention department have little flexibility and major attitude to understand how to compromise. Not to mention dishonest in store sale reps. I guess this is a good deal though to get 6GB for $30 without having to go through normal hassle of retention if you don't mind sticking with Rogers for another 3 years :cheesygri :cheesygri
There's a re-commitment of 3 years for switching to LTE Data Plan?
If so then I would think this Is a jip then..?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1014 posts
557 upvotes
yao416 wrote: She couldve gotten it for $20
yeah, i have the $10 data discount, i got it for $20 >=D
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1637 posts
270 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: You can NEVER get data without voice.
That kills it for me then. Been looking around for a 6G data only plan. Closest is a tablet plan to use with a phone. I just got Telus prepaid data + messaging plan. $20 (250MB :cry :) . So far, all incoming and outgoing calls are through data. Also I think Rogers kills VOIP traffic
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1014 posts
557 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: There's a re-commitment of 3 years for switching to LTE Data Plan?
If so then I would think this Is a jip then..?
no...i asked the customer rep - if shes SURE theres no re-commitment, and whatnot

she told me theres no plan renewal, and its just a data switch
Jun 1, 2004
267 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary, AB
cryingx wrote: no...i asked the customer rep - if shes SURE theres no re-commitment, and whatnot

Confirmed... if you are just switching Rogers data plans, then there is no re-commitment for another 3 years necessary.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
Now only if Fido were to allow its customer to LTE
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
cryingx wrote: no...i asked the customer rep - if shes SURE theres no re-commitment, and whatnot

Ask again, I had this happen to me before. There will definitely be some sort of commitment. This is Rogers.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1528 posts
261 upvotes
East Coast!
even better is getting unlimited data :razz: :razz: ... not on rogers, but on bell
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6609 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
cryingx wrote: yeah, i have the $10 data discount, i got it for $20 >=D
Would you mind explaining how you got $10 data discount? Do you just ask?
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13095 posts
883 upvotes
Toronto
Wait till your next bill comes...

Should told her to write it in your account notes. Next agent you call will say u resigned for 3 years.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1014 posts
557 upvotes
belfour wrote: Wait till your next bill comes...

Should told her to write it in your account notes. Next agent you call will say u resigned for 3 years.
iunno, i dont really mind signing up for the next 3 years, its not like i'm gonna stop using their service, i'd feel crummy to lose my current plan and everything i've bargained for to get it

i'd be PISSED if they messed up my hardware upgrade stuff though, cuz i know i can upgrade next year, and from what i've read in the forums, plan renewals and upgrade renewals are different things