Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] $50 for 20GB of 5G-ready Data (Government employees only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 11:31 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5966 posts
646 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
w00t wrote: Is this $50 plus tax?
Yeah. GST at the minimum
--
Jun 2, 2008
55 posts
2 upvotes
markham
So what are people doing to get around the new activation requirement? Been told that the porting of your existing number to a competitor and then porting back doesn't work. I currently have a corporate wireless plan and have been told by customer support that it isn't eligible for the 50 dollar plan due to being an existing customer.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2585 posts
619 upvotes
Also I just found out there is a referral program as well and each person gets $50. So I am taking advantage of that too

I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned yet
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5517 posts
478 upvotes
Markham
Daf wrote: Also I just found out there is a referral program as well and each person gets $50. So I am taking advantage of that too

how does that work?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1369 posts
838 upvotes
Near You
Daf wrote: Also I just found out there is a referral program as well and each person gets $50. So I am taking advantage of that too

adeel wrote: how does that work?
Don't ask for codes in this thread or the mods will lock it.
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Apr 21, 2008
452 posts
120 upvotes
Did a livechat last night, but the business group was closed, so I only chatted with regular rep.

Seems like they can easily offer existing customers this plan @ $60; the normal 20% off... However to get it down to $50/month, you'll need to be a new customer.
Apr 5, 2008
69 posts
19 upvotes
$45 dollar activation fee basically kills the deal unless your in for the long haul. Anyone manage to find a representative with the ability to remove it? If you get Stephanie over chat, don't waste your time.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2585 posts
619 upvotes
kowalsy wrote: $45 dollar activation fee basically kills the deal unless your in for the long haul. Anyone manage to find a representative with the ability to remove it? If you get Stephanie over chat, don't waste your time.
It's about 3 months however, I was told my fee would be saved in 90 days but we shall see if it happens

But with the referral bonus of $50 kinda cancels out the fee anyways
Oct 24, 2009
766 posts
844 upvotes
Vancouver
kowalsy wrote: $45 dollar activation fee basically kills the deal unless your in for the long haul. Anyone manage to find a representative with the ability to remove it? If you get Stephanie over chat, don't waste your time.
It is very unlikely you will get this waived nowadays unless you go to the actual store who knows about epp plans. When I had the chat with the business rep, he basically told me that you can open BYOD plan online and then apply EPP discount afterward would save the activation fee. However, there is no guarantee that you will get additional $12.5 discount on top of 20% EPP discount.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2585 posts
619 upvotes
taya1214 wrote: It is very unlikely you will get this waived nowadays unless you go to the actual store who knows about epp plans. When I had the chat with the business rep, he basically told me that you can open BYOD plan online and then apply EPP discount afterward would save the activation fee. However, there is no guarantee that you will get additional $12.5 discount on top of 20% EPP discount.
Same
Apr 5, 2008
69 posts
19 upvotes
taya1214 wrote: It is very unlikely you will get this waived nowadays unless you go to the actual store who knows about epp plans. When I had the chat with the business rep, he basically told me that you can open BYOD plan online and then apply EPP discount afterward would save the activation fee. However, there is no guarantee that you will get additional $12.5 discount on top of 20% EPP discount.
I imagine you would not be eligible as you would no longer br considered a new customer at that point. The $50 plan is for new sign ups only. The plan is tempting but with black friday right around the corner it may be worth holding off
Oct 9, 2019
85 posts
36 upvotes
Can someone explain this to me please. I am a consultant with Ontario government. If I were to use this plan - do I get off it when my contract ends? Also an email address is enough to sign up or will need additional documents?

I am currently with bell business paying 155$/month for two lines. My contract ends in November.
Should I go with this one or wait for better offers during black Friday?

Basically need good data for my self (<10 GB) and little to none for Mrs. No need for new device but if there is only 10-15$/ month more I am willing to sign up a contract
Oct 25, 2020
2 posts
Currently with Bell, gave them a call and they couldn't match this promo. However, the rep informed me that for BlackFriday they will have an Unlimited for $50 promo, similar to last year.
I can't find anything about such a promo. Anyone remember a similar deal from Bell for Black friday 2019?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1240 posts
241 upvotes
Is it worth upgrading to from $50/15GB winback plan? (With Koodo currently, but my company EPP has this plan with Rogers.)
Use about 8-9GB a month, just wondering from a future-proofing perspective.

Also, I see the price is 75 - 12.50 - 20%. Which one of these expires in 24 months? Or both?