Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers 500u $33.89 Tax In (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2018 10:51 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 2, 2008
73 posts
410 upvotes
Ontario

[Rogers] Rogers 500u $33.89 Tax In (YMMV)

Was talking to Rogers Online because they increased my current plan of $65+tax for 100u to $93+tax
Initially they couldn't match the current Carytel promo of 75mb for $35 so I asked to cancel.

The next rep offered me 500U for $30+ tax for one year. That's a pretty sweet deal. I took it and I'll deal with them again next year.
Just wanted to share what I got so people know what they are able to get and don't accept a crappy offer.

Cheers.
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Last edited by check2you on Mar 20th, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Internet deal of the century.

Call 1-877-457-7592 or FB chat or Roger Chat.

Deal is 500u for $24.99 or some are $29.99. Deal price is for 12 month period. Price includes modem rental already.

Keep trying until you get a good rep. You may need Support team or manager approval to help find the promotion. POSTAL CODE DOES NOT MATTER.

Poster - DimsumDeals:
FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT BACK READING THIS ENTIRE THREAD:
1. It doesnt matter what your postal code is, EVERYONE CAN GET ON THIS DEAL.
2. it doesnt matter if you live in a condo, apt or house, EVERYONE CAN GET ON THIS DEAL.
3. it doesnt matter if you are an existing or new customer, EVERYONE CAN GET ON THIS DEAL.
4. if you got rejected, try and try again, some people here got it on their 25th try. :D
5. Highest chance of probability to get it is through ROGERS MANAGEMENT CHAT. (although some people got it easier using phone call or facebook chat)
6. GET LUCKY. it will be all worth it, this is almost 500$ a year of savings for the 500u 24.99$ deal.
2465 replies
Oct 22, 2013
9 posts
30 upvotes
Brampton
I called to cancel as well and they gave me 500mb Ignite unlimited for $24.99
[OP]
Jan 2, 2008
73 posts
410 upvotes
Ontario
Pabla69 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 12:19 am
I called to cancel as well and they gave me 500mb Ignite unlimited for $24.99
awe...you should've posted first....haha.
gonna call them back.
Dec 27, 2009
94 posts
34 upvotes
Hola
Can you folks who were lucky enough to get this deal provide some additional info:
1. Your postal code
2. Dwelling type - detached, semi, town home, apartment, condo.
3. Are you able to confirm if you have access to Bell's Fibe fiber internet service.

Thanks.
Oct 22, 2013
9 posts
30 upvotes
Brampton
Brampton, Ontario. Detached home.

you just have to tell them you are cancelling because a different provider is offering you a better deal, They should offer you the $24.99 deal to much the competitor. And I do believe bell will match it as well.
Oct 22, 2013
9 posts
30 upvotes
Brampton
I literally got it an hour ago than saw your post on here.
Nov 28, 2014
10 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
May i ask how long you were a Rogers customer for? I'm gonna try to get a better deal with Bell but I've only been with them for a couple months. How long does one need to be a loyal customer before they try to win you back with good deals?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1132 posts
467 upvotes
Ottawa
I did not bother to post this the other day since its a YMMV ; I was able to get 1Gbps unlimited for $39.99/m taxes included and no rental fee. Obtained through retentions. Only reason for the discount is because our neighborhood just had fiber optic cables installed and we keep getting door to door sales people trying to get us to sign up. Rogers is fully aware of this increased competition in my area thus the discounted rate. I can also confirm that other neigbours in my area have obtained the same deal. Ottawa. Single family detached home. Sorry but I won't be posting my postal code for privacy reasons.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1640 posts
823 upvotes
Etobicoke
Pabla69 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 1:00 am

you just have to tell them you are cancelling because a different provider is offering you a better deal, They should offer you the $24.99 deal to much the competitor. And I do believe bell will match it as well.
I am.in brampton and they didnt offer me anything., so cancel last month and move ro carrytel.
Jan 31, 2009
197 posts
96 upvotes
Woodbridge
YMMV is a necessary label for this thread. Some Rogers agents won't match Carrytel because they don't offer the same level of service (subjective).

At the end of the day for $79ish Rogers can give you gigabit internet which is unfortunately something I can't come back from now lol...but some folk just need 75mb or $30 is all they can pay for.

Anyways, Rogers has this mantra of adding value to your account when all you need is basic stuff. I remember back in 2015 i had Shomi, Rogers TechXpert and NHL gamecentre value-added crap whereas I would have happily traded all that in for the supposed $40 in monthly in value. Could I? Nope. Needed all that shoved into my brain apparently. Still haven't paid for NHL GC and also took them up on the free netflix offer when Shomi failed.
Dec 26, 2017
126 posts
40 upvotes
Scarborough
moh2010 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 12:37 am
Hola
Can you folks who were lucky enough to get this deal provide some additional info:
1. Your postal code
2. Dwelling type - detached, semi, town home, apartment, condo.
3. Are you able to confirm if you have access to Bell's Fibe fiber internet service.

Thanks.
These deals are for condos and rental bulidings because they go by postal code
myself got this Jan 2018 500u unlmt downloading for 2 year.s 33.90 tax in
Freedom Promo Everywhere $50 LTE 8GB HOME and LTE 1GB (CAN/USA +2400 mints) - 25% = $37.5
Fido Pulse plan 6GB = $40
Rogers Ignite 500u = $29.99 for 2 years
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
1660 posts
473 upvotes
Did an online chat with them yesterday, took forever to finally get to retention's.. most she offered was $59.99 for 100 or 150 mb can't remember..
Would not match or come close to Carrytel offer so proceeded with cancellation... been a customer for many years, glad to finally be rid of them, first cell and now internet
Jun 10, 2017
17 posts
3 upvotes
Pabla69 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 1:00 am

I called Bell on sunday to match togers deal and they declined. I have been with bell for 2 years. Its probably time to move on :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)