Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers 500u $33.89 Tax In (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2018 11:03 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
supremekai wrote: I took over 2 hours on chat last night and got declined. Transfered retention (?) than manager.

Edit i see that you're postal code is new development /condo area.
It's not new development though.

I also got my parents similar price for ignite 500u with basic home phone (call waiting/3 way call). $56.xx
Images
  • rogers.jpg
Last edited by aquariaguy on Mar 21st, 2018 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1453 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
aquariaguy wrote: L6G. My relative in Stouffville also got the deal. So I don't think its postal code specific... it's CSr specific. But I went through customer relatiosn on chat TOok over an hour.
can you share the first 3 digits of your relatives postal code in stouffville?

tia
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote:
But you got Gigabit!! Not 500u :)
bombdiggity wrote:
Seems like $34.99 before HST, which is normal for the 1 GB offers no?
Delboy1980 wrote: No, personally I explained the offer that Bell was giving and waited for them to see what they could offer me, they asked if I wanted TV and I said 'no,' and then the rep offered me the 500U offer, if she came back with nothing, then I would've mentioned the 500U offer but fortunately I didn't have to go down that road

Ohhh gigabit. Didn't know it was gigabit thought 500u. Damn I would've rather saved $5-10 for slower internet lol. Now I have to remember to call in again in a year or they'll charge like $200000 when my contract ends -_-
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Nov 22, 2014
117 posts
63 upvotes
Unionville, ON
kthxbye wrote: Enjoy your price increases from robbers a few months down the line.
i can always switch back to the student plan a year later. why are you so bitter
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1873 posts
552 upvotes
Tried with Live Chat - got this response: "The promotional offer you are referring too is only available to a very specific location and is only being offered by a very specific group. At this time, your account isn't eligible for this promotional offer"

In Hamilton area.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
I am in a condo with bell fibre setup, so it's hard to believe I wouldn't be eligible for this, but wasted 1.5 hours or so previously trying to get it.

It's obviously hit and miss.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3540 posts
879 upvotes
Don't be nosey
jasuklee wrote: Thanks OP.

Replaced my $99 ignite gb/digital vip for $34.99 ignite gb. They would not offer me the $24.99 500u.

This is in Waterloo
Thanks Jasuklee. Curious are you in a condo or house? I inquired yesterday and wouldn’t budge for the 500u either and I’m in a house.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Mar 11, 2012
400 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Called and got the 500u $24.99 deal. Got it with second call. First rep said my postal code was not on the list and the field had been greyed out. So keep trying and it all depends on the rep. I am at North York in a house.
May 18, 2017
597 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Debonair wrote: Tried with Live Chat - got this response: "The promotional offer you are referring too is only available to a very specific location and is only being offered by a very specific group. At this time, your account isn't eligible for this promotional offer"

In Hamilton area.
zzzz24 wrote: I am in a condo with bell fibre setup, so it's hard to believe I wouldn't be eligible for this, but wasted 1.5 hours or so previously trying to get it.

It's obviously hit and miss.
if you really want this deal, try again with another rep.

First rep said i was not eligible. 2nd rep found me this deal no problem.
Mar 20, 2018
687 posts
735 upvotes
M4S here.

newish building built 2015. has this plan back since novemberish 2017.
offer was gigabit for 50 bucks and 500 for 40. i opted for no home phone and they took off an extra 10 bucks per each plan.
currently i'm at 30 plus tax for 500. i did a bunch off testing with a bunch of their techs and every single piece of wireless hardware in my apartment to try to get gigabit with fail.

slight twist to the plot that if you guys have the offer for gigabit make sure you are getting over 1gbps. and not sub 500 cuz although still a great deal they are making money off something you aren't getting. save yourself the time and dont bother talking to reps and technicians and supervisors etc fi u are getting sub 500.

for example over wifi i'm getting on avg about 470 on the 500 plan. on the giga plan i'm getting you guessed it...470ish lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
Nah, I will pay the extra $10 for carrytel and see if they offer me something else before my transfer date

tired of jumping through their hoops.. and then you have to do it 1 year from now again
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1803 posts
1303 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone in Durham region that was able to get this deal? I tried yesterday with no luck. Will try again today.
Jul 28, 2008
91 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
ToDealHunter wrote: Anyone in Durham region that was able to get this deal? I tried yesterday with no luck. Will try again today.
Whereabouts in Durham are you, so far I’ve been rejected twice in ajax
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
FFS, I tried doing this couple months ago and was denied. Hopefully I get better luck now.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1314 posts
1845 upvotes
Toronto
freshcurl wrote: i can always switch back to the student plan a year later. why are you so bitter
What does this have anything to do with bitterness?

I'm bitter because I remind people that the big two are always increasing price and are always messing up your bill. That it's a short time high for the savings of getting screwed in the long run.
Last edited by kthxbye on Mar 21st, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 21, 2007
100 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I tried through Rogers Retention and they said my area is not eligable for the special pricing of $29.99 500u. I am in the area of Vaughan.
Nov 16, 2010
73 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone who was on the $99 Ignite bundle, from 2 years ago, hopping on this deal?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1803 posts
1303 upvotes
Toronto
dilmatik wrote: Whereabouts in Durham are you, so far I’ve been rejected twice in ajax
I am in Ajax too. So maybe is the location?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
i have tried 2x and got denied.

I will try again today, seems like this really depends on the rep you can get as they can override postal restrictions anyway.
Aug 27, 2017
190 posts
150 upvotes
I asked about the 500u $24.99 price and they said it does NOT include the $10 modem, so the plan is actually $35/mo - making it around the same as the $38/mo plan that was offered a couple months ago.

I find it curious though that nobody in this thread has mentioned the $10 extra cost for the modem... not sure if I believe Rogers.