Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

8 GB BYOD $70 (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2018 6:29 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1247 posts
429 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: wow -105! is that the most minus in hot deal post?
Rogers + Hot Deals = -1xx
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
James8 wrote: getting the same 15 GB showing right now. I don't know what happens if you try to go over 10GB. Probably a glitch?
It doesn’t mean you get 15gb, it’s the max they can charge for overage. Works out to $50 for extra 5gb here in Toronto.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
FoMoHotDeals wrote: It doesn’t mean you get 15gb, it’s the max they can charge for overage. Works out to $50 for extra 5gb here in Toronto.
That's not why it shows 15GB. You actually do get 15GB but it's not going to be forever. Rogers and Fido are in the middle of switching all the 5GB + 5GB plans into permanent 10GB plans. If you see the plan, it'll say 10GB instead of 5GB but for customer experience, they left the 5GB add on just in case the 10GB plan had issues. The 5GB add on will be gone once they're sure all the plans are switched and no issues occur.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Slono wrote: I was thinking the same thing. They need to take away down votes entirely and leave the up votes. This still makes posting deals annoying for anybody who is trying to share what they think might be helpful. I've seen so many threads with the OP starting off by saying "it's my first post so be kind..."

I hope the mods take note of this. People are ruthless here. Stop with the keyboard courage bashing and be constructive instead of destructive.
The downvotes are for the deal. Take the downvotes away and people can just respond in the similar fashion and explain why it's not a hot deal. There is the disdain for the company (they only offered the 10GB for $60 after people started leaving, and tried to do a 5/5 deal and people were still leaving, so they caved), they offer ZERO incentive to stay, I was with them for 17 yrs and they screwed up my old CORP350 plan (I would have stayed on that forever, until a deal like this came along), offered me nothing for loyalty, for their blunders etc. The downvotes are for a deal that is not a deal, since as others have said, the 10GB for $60 is the new ruler comparison deal. If you look at the reasons for downvoting, there is nothing about the POSTER themselves (ie, self promotion, negative attitude, poor title, etc), it is a response to the lack of a deal.
BROCKHAMPTON wrote: Honestly, as tempting as the $60 10gb plans were, I'm on the $35 unlimited talk, text, and data plan from when wind just started so there's no point.
Wind is only good for certain people, live or venture outside their home network you are into a pay per use situation. So, yes, that $35 is nice, but if you dare step outside the GTA etc, you can expect your bill to be more. Not even a comparison, being that the quality and reliability of the service is not even close to what others can offer.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2357 posts
907 upvotes
kevdanga wrote: That's ridiculous. The voting function allows everyone to get a good sense of whether the deal is actually a deal! If you remove the downvotes for a post you may as well get rid of the upvotes as well. Hell, just remove the ability to respond to the OP as well.
I'd get rid of the votes system entirely tbh. We need to make the sound judgment if it's a good or bad deal. Not by votes.

Though I believe the 4gb/$40 unlimited canada wide plans with Rogers are better. Those looking for a deal ask if that's still available.
Dec 27, 2008
360 posts
106 upvotes
Krime1k wrote: This is insulting to customers. Spend $10 more for 2gb less. No point in this, better off waiting for the next deal if you missed the $60/10GB deal.
I doubt a deal like that will be coming back anytime soon. The big 3 need to recoup their loses. this plan was pretty much 50% off regular price. nearly the same price employees get.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3749 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
x1xslickx1x wrote: I doubt a deal like that will be coming back anytime soon. The big 3 need to recoup their loses. this plan was pretty much 50% off regular price. nearly the same price employees get.
I wouldn't call it a loss. They're probably still making money off each line they converted. So instead of being super greedy, they're just greedy. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Temp. Banned
Jan 25, 2018
216 posts
135 upvotes
With Rogers I was able to get the migration line for 45 dollars unlimited with 4 gigs. Also have a 6 gig plan for 55.

Cancelled my line for 100+ tax, paid out 550 on the iPhone which I got for free when I renewed at end of September. Overall very happy now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)