Rogers Anyplace TV - Error 1502

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2018 9:47 am
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes

Rogers Anyplace TV - Error 1502

I've been using Rogers Anyplace TV on chrome most weekdays without any issues. I didn't use it yesterday. This morning, I was able to log in on Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) today and see the guide. However, when I tried to choose a show, I received a "Error 1502"

I have not made any changes to my settings.

Has anyone else experienced this and were you able to resolve it?

There is no documentation on error 1502 on the Rogers site. Contacted Rogers support and they were of no help.

Running Win7 64 bit.
Cleared the cache and history.
Made sure no adblocker was on and accepted cookies
Rebooted the PC. No change.
I am able to watch on my phone and on other pc's at on on Chrome and Edge running Win10.

TIA
Images
  • Rogers Error 1502 on 12Apr18.JPG
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MrMom wrote: I've been using Rogers Anyplace TV on chrome most weekdays without any issues. I didn't use it yesterday. This morning, I was able to log in on Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) today and see the guide. However, when I tried to choose a show, I received a "Error 1502"

I have not made any changes to my settings.

Has anyone else experienced this and were you able to resolve it?

There is no documentation on error 1502 on the Rogers site. Contacted Rogers support and they were of no help.

Running Win7 64 bit.
Cleared the cache and history.
Made sure no adblocker was on and accepted cookies
Rebooted the PC. No change.
I am able to watch on my phone and on other pc's at on on Chrome and Edge running Win10.

TIA
Which browser are you using? Have you tried re installing the browser? Does RAPTV use java or flash? You may want to try updating the plugins or maybe check to see if any plugins are disabled?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Java and flash are enabled and up to date.

I am able to watch a "Movie" selection or a "TV Show" this morning, but not any shows off the "Guide."
Images
  • Rogers Anyplace Star Wars screen capture 13Apr18.JPG
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MrMom wrote: Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Java and flash are enabled and up to date.

I am able to watch a "Movie" selection or a "TV Show" this morning, but not any shows off the "Guide."
Is your windows up to date? Did this feature work previously with the same browser? If it did, then you may want to see system restore and check if any updates were done before it stopped working.

But then again if the issue is on Rogers end there’s literally nothing else you can really do. Hence why I ditched cable a while back!

Good luck.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any possibility of sneaky charges$ for using someone else's Rogers anyplacetv?
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3079 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
It's probably an issue on their end behind the scenes. Like, something wrong with their server. Wait a couple of hours and hopefully it should just start working again. If you have a tablet or phone then try it on their app.

I did see an error like this one time a while ago at night. It started working again the next day. So, sounds like something on their end.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1332 posts
783 upvotes
Ottawa
I find Rogers Anyplace TV very buggy. Whether I'm accessing it on my PC via Chrome or my Android phone. If something goes wrong, I just assume it's on their end and not my devices
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Is your windows up to date? Did this feature work previously with the same browser? If it did, then you may want to see system restore and check if any updates were done before it stopped working.
Y, Y all posted in OP. I'll pass on the system restore, but thanks.
ds2chan wrote: It's probably an issue on their end behind the scenes. Like, something wrong with their server. Wait a couple of hours and hopefully it should just start working again. If you have a tablet or phone then try it on their app.

I did see an error like this one time a while ago at night. It started working again the next day. So, sounds like something on their end.
Nothing has changed on my end and I am able to view a stream from both the "Movies" and "TV Shows" selections, but not from the "Guide."
yow2kvil wrote: I find Rogers Anyplace TV very buggy. Whether I'm accessing it on my PC via Chrome or my Android phone. If something goes wrong, I just assume it's on their end and not my devices
I'll assume it's Rogers. Will post on the Roger Community Forum. Not holding my breath, but if you don't ask ...
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
I did absolutely nothing to my Win7 box, but magically, Anyplace TV is up and running again. Safe to assume it was on Rogers end.

Rogers Support suggestion b4 my first post.
"The error 1502 means that something on that computer is not allowing the streaming to go through and I'm sorry I can't say for sure what is causing it, as I'm not a computer technician. Where the same error isn't happening on your other computer, this indicates that the rogers anyplace tv service is working properly and if the problem persists on just your one computer, you may need to have a computer technician take a closer look and find out what is going on with your computer."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)