Cell Phones

Rogers Apple phone??? how to stop blocked caller from leaving voicemail

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 10:55 am
[OP]
Aug 29, 2021
5 posts

Rogers Apple phone??? how to stop blocked caller from leaving voicemail

Does anyone know a 3rd park app so I can stop a blocked caller from being able to leave voicemail ?
I’ve called Rogers already and I have 2 options…
A. Change not phone number
B. Get Rogers to remove voicemail feature so nobody can leave messages ( not what I want as I have voicemails I’m saved that I want to take to police from this caller)

Any suggestions ?
9 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14255 posts
3489 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
How about disabling voicemail and using a phone app for voicemails (basically the app auto-answers and lets the caller leave a message)? There are disadvantages, obviously, but maybe it works for you.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1211 posts
416 upvotes
BC
I’m using the standard iPhone “blocked contacts” feature and it prevents the unwanted calls and voicemails, also emails and texts. Using Public Mobile here, maybe Rogers is different?
[OP]
Aug 29, 2021
5 posts
@adams7 Rogers let’s blocked caller still go to voicemail, and leave a message. I called them and they won’t block a single number. You have to disable your entire voicemail through them ( they do this), but you lost any voice messages you have saved. It’s also not convenient for the rest of my contacts to not be able to leave messages.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21006 posts
10520 upvotes
Oakville
I believe YouMail can do this. Never needed it myself but I remember seeing it in the settings.
Jun 14, 2010
422 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: I believe YouMail can do this. Never needed it myself but I remember seeing it in the settings.
+1 for You Mail. They have better spam protection and customizable voicemail. Even better is that Rogers includes call forwarding which is required for You Mail, so it won't cost anything extra.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21006 posts
10520 upvotes
Oakville
MikeMikeMuke wrote: @wearysky I’ve installed it… fingers crossed it works. !!! Thank you for the suggestion
If you've got a landline (or any other phone number to test with), you could temporarily block it in YouMail and see what happens when you call yourself.