Expired Hot Deals

Rogers

BC/AB YMMV - Rogers Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2021 8:46 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 31, 2004
184 posts
229 upvotes

[Rogers] BC/AB YMMV - Rogers Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses

Hello

Buried inside the Rogers winback thread:
rogers-byod-rogers-50-15gb-unlimited-ta ... k-2343941/ there is a new deal that @Azeton mentions which I think is deserving of its own thread.

For B.C./AB people formerly on Rogers, as a competitive answer to Shaw mobile, there is now a $45 25GB plan. I called yesterday to get this after seeing the post in the previous thread — but the deal got even sweeter with an additional 10% off for 24 months bringing it down to $40.50 pre taxes for 25 GB. See attached screenshot.

The other thing is the $300 hardware credit (I didn’t need it) which is another cherry on top.

The winback team mentioned this was a new deal. Originally I was offered only the $50/15GB plan, when I asked about what they had that is competitive with Shaw they came back with this deal.

This is flaming hot IMO.

Good luck. YMMV.
1649A431-4218-4A31-B690-3A9DC3404FA0.jpeg
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 10th, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
343 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1755 posts
1520 upvotes
Surrey
sgdnfan wrote: Hello

Buried inside the Rogers winback thread:
rogers-byod-rogers-50-15gb-unlimited-ta ... k-2343941/ there is a new deal that @Azeton mentions which I think is deserving of its own thread.

For B.C./AB people formerly on Rogers, as a competitive answer to Shaw mobile, there is now a $45 25GB plan. I called yesterday to get this after seeing the post in the previous thread — but the deal got even sweeter with an additional 10% off for 24 months bringing it down to $40.50 pre taxes for 25 GB. See attached screenshot.

The other thing is the $300 hardware credit (I didn’t need it) which is another cherry on top.

The winback team mentioned this was a new deal. Originally I was offered only the $50/15GB plan, when I asked about what they had that is competitive with Shaw they came back with this deal.

This is flaming hot IMO.

Good luck. YMMV.

1649A431-4218-4A31-B690-3A9DC3404FA0.jpeg
How did you get the 10% off?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 31, 2004
184 posts
229 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: How did you get the 10% off?
They offered it to me as part of the plan. I didn’t have to push for it — just mentioned the Shaw mobile $45/25GB plan and they countered back with this.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1373 posts
1697 upvotes
Is it $45 for 24 months or "forever?"

I was with Rogers 9 years ago. I think I was paying $55 a month limited talk and text. Can't remember what the cap was. I wonder if they can win me back. 🤣
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1755 posts
1520 upvotes
Surrey
sgdnfan wrote: They offered it to me as part of the plan. I didn’t have to push for it — just mentioned the Shaw mobile $45/25GB plan and they countered back with this.
Oh ok. I wonder if they’d also offer a win back offer if I switch to Freedom. I’m interested in paying $35 for 7 gb that freedom is offering.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
10558 posts
78570 upvotes
Ontario
sgdnfan wrote: They offered it to me as part of the plan. I didn’t have to push for it — just mentioned the Shaw mobile $45/25GB plan and they countered back with this.
Thanks op. Which number did you call? Which department ?

Did you switched to shaw or left Rogers before you call them back?
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Newbie
Jul 4, 2019
32 posts
17 upvotes
I tried livechat and he said $70/25GB is best he could offer and he has no idea what winback team offers or how they choose whom to call etc.. I would like to know how you can reach them instead of waiting them to call me. I also used to have rogers business account not personal account. I wonder if i would still be considered as ex-rogers customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1387 posts
881 upvotes
CALGARY
I was a previous Rogers customer via EPP, am I eligible for this deal? What number to contact?
Jr. Member
May 24, 2017
150 posts
176 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
ooooh thats good

I'm currently on the winback deal as it is, wondering how to proceed to get the better winback deal
Newbie
Jul 5, 2011
21 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Dooboo wrote: I tried livechat and he said $70/25GB is best he could offer and he has no idea what winback team offers or how they choose whom to call etc.. I would like to know how you can reach them instead of waiting them to call me. I also used to have rogers business account not personal account. I wonder if i would still be considered as ex-rogers customer.
The only way to get the Winback team to contact you had an existing account that you ported out. If you have an existing plan with them then they will not deal with you since they still have leverage.

For me, I ported out one line first and got the call and while speaking to the winback team, I told them if they could apply the plan to another line that I still had with them. Cause there's no point in me porting out and wasting my time and their time. Unfortunately the rep mentioned they had no access to my account until the account is ported.

The winback number is 1.833.892.3338 from the other thread. You can try if you'd like. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1387 posts
881 upvotes
CALGARY
cec4111 wrote: I was a previous Rogers customer via EPP, am I eligible for this deal? What number to contact?
Just called the number provided. My Rogers number which was via EPP is not eligible.
Newbie
Apr 5, 2008
72 posts
48 upvotes
Just tried calling the number as well, no luck. It sounds like if your not on their list the offer is not valid. I would be curious if anyone is getting this offer by just cold calling the number and finding a decent agent..
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 18, 2010
617 posts
536 upvotes
Vancouver
Man I wish I could port from Fido to this Winback. What an absolute steal.
Sr. Member
Apr 23, 2006
888 posts
346 upvotes
Alberta
Same as above for me too. I tried the other number from the other thread (1-866-835-6498) and it said the number is discontinued. Damn, not a Rogers fan but this deal would be too amazing to pass up.
Member
Oct 4, 2009
346 posts
269 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Can confirm that I got this deal. The only difference is that I got 20% off for 24 months. After that, the price goes back to $45/month.

Also got the $300 device credit.

Thanks for the awesome deal notice OP.
Sr. Member
Apr 15, 2004
543 posts
192 upvotes
Vancouver
anyone able to get the plan from FIDO?

also the $300 credit for new phone, can you choose the phone later after activation? or has to pick one on the spot
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 20, 2001
832 posts
108 upvotes
Spruce Grove
called telus asked what they could do in response to this plan. they offered 6 gigs for $65. I hung up
Newbie
Aug 2, 2018
27 posts
13 upvotes
Really wish I saw this last week. Got a call from the winback team and took the 15gb for $50 deal.

EDIT: I got the 15gb deal on September 2nd. Tried calling the Ambassador team back today and they would not give me the 25gb of data.
Last edited by StevenWongo on Sep 10th, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Sep 26, 2006
159 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Got a call from the winback team earlier today. Switched to Shaw mobile $0 plan and they offered to match it. $0 no data but that works for me.

Didn't offer any further credits but stated I paid $40 activation for 2 lines. They offered a one time credit of $40 to my account. I asked if they can issue a cheque refund as my bill will be $0 for 2 years.

Who knows what'll happen after 2 years but sounds good to me!
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 11, 2018
112 posts
40 upvotes
I just called the win back number, got through instantly which was a bit surprising. The agent advice me that my numbers are not eligible for any win back promotion ( We have ported out to Fido 2 weeks ago)

I guess Rogers are too good for our business.
If it ain't broken, open it and find out why!

Top