Hot Deals

[Rogers] BC/AB YMMV - Rogers Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 3:49 pm
Tags:
Apr 11, 2008
280 posts
65 upvotes
I was able to get the $45 for 25 gigabytes plan.... I was able to get the 20 percent off credit as well. I was not able to get the activation fee waived (I now have two activation fees to pay...), but beggars can't be choosers. Also, I can confirm what had been suspected in these previous winback threads from before... that sometimes the employees don't bother to check the phone number you provide them in the system. Anyways, thanks OP.
Apr 11, 2008
280 posts
65 upvotes
Merhar wrote: Did you get the credit for device?
I wasn't offered any, but I didn't exactly ask either.
Jan 18, 2009
352 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
Geist wrote: I was able to get the $45 for 25 gigabytes plan.... I was able to get the 20 percent off credit as well. I was not able to get the activation fee waived (I now have two activation fees to pay...), but beggars can't be choosers. Also, I can confirm what had been suspected in these previous winback threads from before... that sometimes the employees don't bother to check the phone number you provide them in the system. Anyways, thanks OP.

I got the same Winback offer today... Got called less than 24 hrs after porting out from Rogers to Shaw. I was a bit surprised how quickly I got the call...

I was offered $45 for 25GB plan, first. After I waffled on that saying that is the same I currently signed on for with Shaw, did the ambassador then mentioned that he would also give an additional 20% off per month credit for 24 months. I further asked about device or a further line credit and he's said none were available. I ported out two device lines, hoping that they had a "shareable data" winback promotion as an option but to no avail. The best he could do was offer both lines the same plan which meant I would have been in for 24 months for $72 plus tax (2 x 45 * 0.8) for two lines at the 25 GB plan. My wife only goes through 2 of the 5 GB she had in her previous plan and I was on just a talk/text plan. So we would not have used it... At least with Shaw, I can get the rollover and just use it when I may need it and the Rollover (as I understand it) is Nationwide Data which I understand means that you are receiving data from Rogers, etc...

On top of all that... I have no interest in calling back in two years to re-negotiate another deal...

Most times, I'm getting "Nationwide" coverage now as we speak which apparently is hitting a "Rogers" tower as the Shaw CSR at the store told me. I don't know if this is true, but if I'm getting Rogers network without having to pay for it with Shaw Mobile, don't see the reason to go back.

If anything I said is a misconception, please correct me....

So for those who were able to get the above plus either a device/line credit of $300... Well done.
Mar 31, 2018
109 posts
85 upvotes
I am surprised that Fido customers are getting the credit, and not Rogers.
Feb 29, 2012
355 posts
114 upvotes
JaaK wrote: I got the same Winback offer today... Got called less than 24 hrs after porting out from Rogers to Shaw. I was a bit surprised how quickly I got the call...

I was offered $45 for 25GB plan, first. After I waffled on that saying that is the same I currently signed on for with Shaw, did the ambassador then mentioned that he would also give an additional 20% off per month credit for 24 months. I further asked about device or a further line credit and he's said none were available. I ported out two device lines, hoping that they had a "shareable data" winback promotion as an option but to no avail. The best he could do was offer both lines the same plan which meant I would have been in for 24 months for $72 plus tax (2 x 45 * 0.8) for two lines at the 25 GB plan. My wife only goes through 2 of the 5 GB she had in her previous plan and I was on just a talk/text plan. So we would not have used it... At least with Shaw, I can get the rollover and just use it when I may need it and the Rollover (as I understand it) is Nationwide Data which I understand means that you are receiving data from Rogers, etc...

On top of all that... I have no interest in calling back in two years to re-negotiate another deal...

Most times, I'm getting "Nationwide" coverage now as we speak which apparently is hitting a "Rogers" tower as the Shaw CSR at the store told me. I don't know if this is true, but if I'm getting Rogers network without having to pay for it with Shaw Mobile, don't see the reason to go back.

If anything I said is a misconception, please correct me....

So for those who were able to get the above plus either a device/line credit of $300... Well done.
25GB is on Shaw, you only get 2GB on nationwide coverage.
Shaw can also cut off your line of you use partner networks too much.
Jan 18, 2009
352 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
reachedlegendary1 wrote: 25GB is on Shaw, you only get 2GB on nationwide coverage.
And how am I suppose to control which tower my phone reaches? Totally get the 25 GB on Shaw.
Nov 5, 2009
221 posts
135 upvotes
smokedvw wrote: I just called winback and 1.833.892.3338 and they said I needed to call fido since I was with them but sounds like the deal is active. They picked up instantly which was very interesting.
anyone with a different number to call? Its been a week since I ported one of our 2 lines from rogers to shaw with no call. When I call this # It eventually says I can leave a voicemail for a fido rep to call back.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3757 posts
1042 upvotes
JaaK wrote: And how am I suppose to control which tower my phone reaches? Totally get the 25 GB on Shaw.
Mobile Network Settings
Jul 31, 2017
1 posts
You have to switch both numbers If the 2 Rogers lines are attached to the same account
Nov 5, 2009
221 posts
135 upvotes
Walidvan wrote: You have to switch both numbers If the 2 Rogers lines are attached to the same account
why would that make a difference? I am not going to transfer the other line. Haven't seen this stated anywhere.
Feb 29, 2012
355 posts
114 upvotes
JaaK wrote: And how am I suppose to control which tower my phone reaches? Totally get the 25 GB on Shaw.
Android lets you control that (i.e. I am on Freedom, in some areas close to the border, I can choose whether to use Freedom or AT&T)
Same thing just north of Airdrie (I can choose to use Freedom or Rogers, until I get around Leduc, then it switches back to Freedom)
Jan 18, 2009
352 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
reachedlegendary1 wrote: 25GB is on Shaw, you only get 2GB on nationwide coverage.
Just spoke with two reps through the online chat, and told me there are no ramifications (like losing your line) if you use "nationwide" too much. You'll get a warning via text that you have used up "80% of your Nationwide data if you are on the unlimited plan. Hopefully, someone on here may confirm if they receive a text like it if they are on the unlimited data. But yet, this is more of an issue for those with the unlimited data as you'll "burn" your Nationwide 2GB allotment first.

I'm just on the talk & text $0 plan so don't plan on using data. Both CSR I spoke told me similarly, keep it on auto and whichever network you get, use it... I specifically ask if I need to set my settings to just the Shaw network to avoid any over usage of nationwide partner carriers, and they both said, "keep it on automatic to avoid loss of reception or drop call". My area of concern was the GVRD area.. Even the rep was like he occasionally loses reception in Ladner where its not so great so having the nationwide carrier connection has helped...

So unless another Shaw CSR on here may tell us differently..... I just want to know the real deal!
Dec 15, 2007
132 posts
17 upvotes
Wondering if anyone in Ontario ported to freedom mobile and did Rogers winback offer them the $45 for 25 gigs
Aug 2, 2016
32 posts
11 upvotes
minidisciskewl wrote: Wondering if anyone in Ontario ported to freedom mobile and did Rogers winback offer them the $45 for 25 gigs
Doesn't work for Ontario I tried. You'll only get offered the $50 15gb plan with $300 hardware credit that's going around.

This is strictly for AB/BC to counter the Shaw plan.