[Rogers] BC/AB YMMV - Rogers Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2021 8:46 pm
Tags:
May 16, 2010
327 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver
you have to LEAVE Rogers to get this offer, so i doubt it.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1328 posts
685 upvotes
CallumG73266 wrote: Is it shaw only? Just received a freedom sim, not sure if I should hold on to it till black Friday or not.
When I called in with my Shaw number, they saw it as Freedom. Keep in mind that this is targeted at Shaw customers. Do with that information what you will Smiling Face With Open Mouth
InvisibleSoul wrote: Apparently not impossible, according to post #250 above.
Not impossible, but I'd say the majority of posts (and in my own experience with multiple calls) have mentioned they don't allow non-Shaw/Freedom numbers to get the $45 plan.
Nov 1, 2020
3 posts
Does this work if I’m currently on Rogers EPP? Or do I have to be on Rogers regular consumer plan before switching out to Shaw/Telus?
Nov 1, 2015
524 posts
223 upvotes
BC
I was on Roger's 15gb for $60 plan. Just switched to Shaws $45/25gb just right now in the store. Hopefully Roger's phones me back in the next couple of days. If not I dont really mind. This is still a great plan.
Nov 1, 2020
3 posts
Nites07 wrote: I was on Roger's 15gb for $60 plan. Just switched to Shaws $45/25gb just right now in the store. Hopefully Roger's phones me back in the next couple of days. If not I dont really mind. This is still a great plan.
Shaw one is only available if you have Shaw internet right?
Sep 2, 2017
425 posts
494 upvotes
Edmonton
ObjectiveEarth wrote: Shaw one is only available if you have Shaw internet right?
You can get Shaw mobile without internet in BC/AB if your home address is within their native coverage. But it's at the none discounted price (which is overpriced). The $45 dollar plan becomes $85.
Dec 15, 2017
133 posts
98 upvotes
D168 wrote: The $45/25GB plan isn't available if you switch to Telus. It's a winback for people who switch to Shaw, and they can tell what carrier your number is with...
I switched to Telus and I got it, it depends on the representative you speak to.
ROGERS $45 25GB 📱 Brim Financial MasterCard💳, and Tangerine.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3730 posts
997 upvotes
Calgary
TheStefmeister wrote: I switched to Telus and I got it, it depends on the representative you speak to.
I have this plan with Telus and I was hoping I can move five of my Freedom lines over but they could not match this $45 plan. Did you talk to the regular rep?
Dec 15, 2017
133 posts
98 upvotes
casperr wrote: I have this plan with Telus and I was hoping I can move five of my Freedom lines over but they could not match this $45 plan. Did you talk to the regular rep?
Correction, I mean I was with Rogers than ported to Telus, and I got a call from the winback team, and then the rep gave me the $45 plan after I asked, ymmv.
ROGERS $45 25GB 📱 Brim Financial MasterCard💳, and Tangerine.
Oct 25, 2019
260 posts
90 upvotes
TheStefmeister wrote: I switched to Telus and I got it, it depends on the representative you speak to.
casperr wrote: I have this plan with Telus and I was hoping I can move five of my Freedom lines over but they could not match this $45 plan. Did you talk to the regular rep?
TheStefmeister wrote: Correction, I mean I was with Rogers than ported to Telus, and I got a call from the winback team, and then the rep gave me the $45 plan after I asked, ymmv.
I will just corroborate what someone else mentioned. The only way you got this plan porting out from Telus (and not Freedom) is an inexperienced rep. Mind you, all these changes are back-office audited by Fido and as some have shared here there orders were cancelled by back-office. Now, things may fall through the cracks and if that happened consider yourself luck and be happy. LOL. Although Fido has the right (and has done it) to change your plan anytime with 30 days notice if they find any ineligibility.
Nov 1, 2015
524 posts
223 upvotes
BC
Been 24 hours havent gotten a call back from Roger's yet. Should I be worried? Should I phone their winback number like that one poster?
Jul 18, 2015
217 posts
312 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Nites07 wrote: Been 24 hours havent gotten a call back from Roger's yet. Should I be worried? Should I phone their winback number like that one poster?
I would give them a call, you don't have anything to lose. I called before I got the email and I was successful.
My friend had to try 3 times before the rep finally offered it.
Nov 1, 2015
524 posts
223 upvotes
BC
cluie29 wrote: I would give them a call, you don't have anything to lose. I called before I got the email and I was successful.
My friend had to try 3 times before the rep finally offered it.
I think I'll wait 72 hours. I dont want them to catch me calling the winback number then get put on their blacklist.
Sep 12, 2020
6 posts
1 upvote
Moved to Freedom on Nov 2, Got a call from Rogers win-back just now, offered 25GB @$45 with an additional 10% off for 24 months.

I also took them up on the tablet offer for $.90/month for 24months, but I may return it inside the 14 days if I have no use for it.
Feb 9, 2008
17 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
I still haven't got any confirmation. I guess it is the iPhone 12 Pro I signed up that is delaying.
Sep 24, 2018
6 posts
3 upvotes
Hello everyone, I am currently with Rogers since Sep 2019 with 20 GB data and this line is a secondary line to my wife's account and paying $65 - 30% (Former Employee discount) ~ $51 including taxes

30% discount is valid until Oct 2021

If I port out to Shaw/Freedom, just wanted to check if I would be eligible for winback deal since I am already getting 30% discount as former employee. The only reason to port out is that I will get $300 credit for a phone upgrade if they call.

What do you suggest is it good idea to port out or any other way to get a good deal on phone?
Nov 1, 2015
524 posts
223 upvotes
BC
CallumG73266 wrote: Moved to Freedom on Nov 2, Got a call from Rogers win-back just now, offered 25GB @$45 with an additional 10% off for 24 months.

I also took them up on the tablet offer for $.90/month for 24months, but I may return it inside the 14 days if I have no use for it.
Damn I didnt get a call. How did you get it before me?
Aug 12, 2010
51 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
Nites07 wrote: Damn I didnt get a call. How did you get it before me?
I still haven't gotten a call and ported on the 28th.... Called them yesterday and they said my numbers are not on the list. Hope you have better luck than I'm having!
Nov 1, 2015
524 posts
223 upvotes
BC
angell17 wrote: I still haven't gotten a call and ported on the 28th.... Called them yesterday and they said my numbers are not on the list. Hope you have better luck than I'm having!
Day 7 nothing. I'll call them on Tuesday and report. Who did you port to?