Hot Deals

[Rogers] BC/AB YMMV - Rogers Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 3:49 pm
Tags:
Aug 26, 2020
6 posts
2 upvotes
Glad some of u are having success with the Winback team contacting you to port back! Meanwhile I'm here trying to jump thru hoops just to make a new account. Talked to NUMBEROUS Rogers CSRs on the phone but just keep getting bounced around. Call the winback team directly and they say my number isn't on their list to contact- ive been with you for 10yrs+!

I've prob been on the phone with Rogers, collectively over 10hrs dealing with this issue over the past 3 weeks!

I've made complaints and haven't even received a response. Next step will be contacting the media shortly.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
3031 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
willnwong wrote: Glad some of u are having success with the Winback team contacting you to port back! Meanwhile I'm here trying to jump thru hoops just to make a new account. Talked to NUMBEROUS Rogers CSRs on the phone but just keep getting bounced around. Call the winback team directly and they say my number isn't on their list to contact- ive been with you for 10yrs+!

I've prob been on the phone with Rogers, collectively over 10hrs dealing with this issue over the past 3 weeks!

I've made complaints and haven't even received a response. Next step will be contacting the media shortly.
Rogers and the Winback team are not one and the same. Winback is a third party company all together and they don't communicate with each other. You're either on the list or not.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2003
2467 posts
311 upvotes
I'm ready to make the plunge now and would appreciate advice from those with experience.

Currently I have two lines with Rogers in BC.

My line has $60 with 15GB
My wife's line is $65 with 10GB

I currently have Telus for Internet.

My understanding is that Shaw isn't an option for me because I don't use them for Internet.

Should I port out to Freedom's $35 for 11GB plan and then hope to get Rogers winback to offer $45 (or possibly 20% off that) for 25GB?

Is there any special procedure for porting out to Freedom?

If for some reason I don't get the winback offer, what should I do then if I don't want to stay with Freedom?

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips.
Aug 3, 2006
145 posts
40 upvotes
I don't quite follow, why is there so much discussion about the Telus winback offer in this thread? Am I missing something? Is there a way to port into a Telus winback offer from a Rogers mobile account? If so, for those of you who have been able to do it, please explain your steps.
May 16, 2010
313 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
Chrispy wrote: Rogers and the Winback team are not one and the same. Winback is a third party company all together and they don't communicate with each other. You're either on the list or not.
yup,, it's a different company, can't remember the name but I almost hung up on them until they started talking about Rogers.
Jul 19, 2019
26 posts
80 upvotes
Cross post from the ongoing deal Rogers thread but figured i’d post here.

I’m curious about porting my number for a winback offer. I’ve currently paid off my phone but have a watch on a monthly plan. Is it possible to just port out the cell phone and leave the watch to continue being paid off monthly? Or would the whole account need to be wiped away?
Jan 8, 2010
52 posts
46 upvotes
Edmonton
xman111 wrote: yup,, it's a different company, can't remember the name but I almost hung up on them until they started talking about Rogers.
They are also using a company for HUP. Got a call from a company called 7 Power or something like that saying they are calling on behalf of Rogers about upgrading my phone as my tab is done as of last week. They offered nothing special though, so I'm probably going to port out and seeing if I get a winback.
Oct 25, 2019
217 posts
74 upvotes
willnwong wrote: Glad some of u are having success with the Winback team contacting you to port back! Meanwhile I'm here trying to jump thru hoops just to make a new account. Talked to NUMBEROUS Rogers CSRs on the phone but just keep getting bounced around. Call the winback team directly and they say my number isn't on their list to contact- ive been with you for 10yrs+!

I totally get how frustrating this must be but you are spending 10+ hours trying to get a deal from them because you switched? So basically rather than them coming to you 'to win you back' you are actually going to them to 'please take me back'. that is just lowering your chances my friend. As someone said, either you're on the winback list or you're not. Why aren't you on the list and why are the offering it to others and not you is another question...

I don't even know if media is going to even take it as a story. Again, I know you're annoyed.. but at the end of the day, it is winback..it is company's discretion who they want to offer.. Don't think it will fly well with media anyway..

PS: I am not with Rogers and have no affiliation with them.. just trying to show you the some direction to help you.. My advice would be, move to Shaw $45/25GB clearly Rogers does not want your $$ which I know is annoying.. but that is what the message they are sending you loud and clear..
Jan 18, 2017
393 posts
301 upvotes

Let us know when you’re on the news :)
Jan 18, 2017
393 posts
301 upvotes
My brother got this deal tonight for him and his wife.

He ported over to Shaw Mobile yesterday to the $45/25GB plan. He was hesitant and scared about this whole winback process as it was his first time.
I told him he had nothing to lose as he was paying a ridiculous price and getting very little data.

I got my winback from Fido about a month ago. ($35/25GB, $200 bill credit, iphone 11 256GB)

$45 minus 20% for 24 months.
iphone 11 64 GB $36/month $0 down. $300 bill credit.
$45 activation fee to be waived in 2 or 3rd bill.
Free android tablet with 2 GB data for 24 months.

Thanks to everyone who contributed here. Very happy to have gotten the deal for my family.
Aug 6, 2009
400 posts
135 upvotes
Cross post.

I couldn't wait for the winback call so I called them instead.

I ported out to Freedom Oct 21 and I callwd them earlier this afternoon. I got offered $45 / 25 GB less 20% + $300 device credit + tablet for 2 years. All in for roughly $41 per month.

When I phoned, it didn't even ring and someone answered. I was asked what plan I had and mentioned Shaw $45 / 25 GB eventhough I had Freedom $14 Talk n Text. The whole deal took about 20 mins. The sim card will get to me within 2 - 5 business days, the tablet 2 - 4 weeks.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2003
2467 posts
311 upvotes
olwe wrote: Cross post.

I couldn't wait for the winback call so I called them instead.

I ported out to Freedom Oct 21 and I callwd them earlier this afternoon. I got offered $45 / 25 GB less 20% + $300 device credit + tablet for 2 years. All in for roughly $41 per month.

When I phoned, it didn't even ring and someone answered. I was asked what plan I had and mentioned Shaw $45 / 25 GB eventhough I had Freedom $14 Talk n Text. The whole deal took about 20 mins. The sim card will get to me within 2 - 5 business days, the tablet 2 - 4 weeks.
What number did you call for winback?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3690 posts
976 upvotes
Calgary
I hope they have a really good black friday deals on plans, I am ready to move 6 of my lines out of Freedom to any network
Oct 27, 2013
181 posts
95 upvotes

Your situation is probably everybody's nightmare. Given the success most people have had on FIDO/Rogers with this process, was there something different about your account with Rogers perhaps? Was it a business or special account perhaps?

If you have a family member or relative with Fido/Rogers (account older than 6 months), you can get them to add a line, and try the process again. I had reservations about this process, so I tested by adding a line to the existing account, then ported to Shaw. Called the next day, and got the offer. I've done this 4 times without issues.

For context, it's best not to show loyalty to any one company. I was with Rogers for over 15 yrs, but decided to jump ship to Public when they had the most aggressive data plans at the time. Then jumped to Koodo for a number of years. Then Zoomer...and now Fido. These companies dont care about about loyalty because most customers are too apathetic to go jump through hoops to get these deals.

Rather than crawling back to Rogers, you should just switch to Fido for now. Without doing any work you can get 9GB for 39 bux. Yes I know its not 25GB...but it's not terrible. If you add a second line - that gets an extra 2GB to make it 11GB. The other benefit is you get 5 free hours of data usage with FIDO as well.

fido-switch-freedom-promo-9gb-39-per-mo ... s-2411669/

Good luck man
Aug 6, 2009
400 posts
135 upvotes
InvisibleSoul wrote: What number did you call for winback?
1 (833) 892-3338

Found that number in the other Rogers thread in the Ongoing Deals if i remember correctly.