Hot Deals

[Rogers] BC/AB YMMV - Rogers Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 6:09 pm
Tags:
Oct 23, 2020
5 posts
6 upvotes
Has anyone been able to sign up for an IPhone 12 through the Winback department?
Jan 18, 2017
396 posts
305 upvotes
Puddingon0714 wrote: Has anyone been able to sign up for an IPhone 12 through the Winback department?
Yes the iPhone 12 was offered to me yesterday night.
I forgot the pricing but it definitely was offered.
Apr 5, 2009
221 posts
98 upvotes
I'm going to jump over to freedom mobile tomorrow. Hopefully I will get the wind back call offer shortly. I'll let everybody know who it goes. Porting out from Rogers potentially.

***In my excitement I didn't realize this is for BC and Alberta. I'm in Ontario.
Last edited by LovinIt on Oct 26th, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sep 19, 2018
12 posts
16 upvotes
Is this plan only available if you port out to Shaw? I'm a Rogers customer currently, I called 'The Mobile Shop' to inquire about the Shaw plan and the employee said the $45/25gb plan for Shaw is only available to Shaw internet subscribers (otherwise it is $80). What can one do if they're not a Shaw internet customer?
Jan 18, 2017
396 posts
305 upvotes
huncho wrote: Is this plan only available if you port out to Shaw? I'm a Rogers customer currently, I called 'The Mobile Shop' to inquire about the Shaw plan and the employee said the $45/25gb plan for Shaw is only available to Shaw internet subscribers (otherwise it is $80). What can one do if they're not a Shaw internet customer?
I am also not a Shaw internet customer. I am with TELUS internet.

I took the advice of a fellow RFD’r and got a prepaid talk and text plan from Freedom mobile.

I then called in to winback after porting to freedom. I lied and said I went to Shaw mobile. They are not able to tell which company you ported to (freedom or Shaw since they are the same network) nor which plan you have.

After I got the new sim I ported back. It hurt not to have data for a week.

Done
Oct 18, 2018
15 posts
14 upvotes
Is it possible for an Ontario resident to get this deal? E.g. use my friend's billing address to bounce between a BC/AB Freedom/Shaw and Rogers number?
Sep 19, 2018
12 posts
16 upvotes
250strong wrote: I am also not a Shaw internet customer. I am with TELUS internet.

I took the advice of a fellow RFD’r and got a prepaid talk and text plan from Freedom mobile.

I then called in to winback after porting to freedom. I lied and said I went to Shaw mobile. They are not able to tell which company you ported to (freedom or Shaw since they are the same network) nor which plan you have.

Done
Did you do this recently? Just don't want to end up getting screwed over and stuck with a talk and text plan lol. Thanks for the reply!
Jan 18, 2017
396 posts
305 upvotes
huncho wrote: Did you do this recently? Just don't want to end up getting screwed over and stuck with a talk and text plan lol. Thanks for the reply!
I finished my line 2 weeks ago with Fido.

I did my brothers on his behalf with Rogers just yesterday.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2003
2469 posts
312 upvotes
250strong wrote: I am also not a Shaw internet customer. I am with TELUS internet.

Done
What's the benefit of switching to a prepaid talk and text plan from Freedom instead of the $35 plan?
Jan 18, 2017
396 posts
305 upvotes
InvisibleSoul wrote: What's the benefit of switching to a prepaid talk and text plan from Freedom instead of the $35 plan?

I did this for two reasons.

1. It was cheaper
2. To avoid a credit check from freedom as you will get another credit check from Rogers/Fido when returning.

Edit: I also went to freedom because I am a TELUS internet customer. So I wouldn’t be able to get the $45/25gb deal from Shaw mobile.

When in contact with winback do NOT mention freedom. Only say Shaw mobile $45/25gb with $10 bundle discount.
Last edited by 250strong on Oct 26th, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 23, 2020
5 posts
6 upvotes
250strong wrote: Yes the iPhone 12 was offered to me yesterday night.
I forgot the pricing but it definitely was offered.
Thank you for your reply.

I was able to order Iphone 12 Pro for both of my lines just now. $60 per month, $0 down and with $300 device credit.
Sep 19, 2018
12 posts
16 upvotes
Puddingon0714 wrote: Thank you for your reply.

I was able to order Iphone 12 Pro for both of my lines just now. $60 per month, $0 down and with $300 device credit.
Wow that is a great deal, congrats! Do you know how much the Iphone 11 Pro or Pro Max was by any chance?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
1393 posts
164 upvotes
Calgary
My wife switched from Rogers to Bell over 2 years ago. Is there a contact number to contact the winback team directly?

Thanks,
Oct 23, 2020
5 posts
6 upvotes
huncho wrote: Wow that is a great deal, congrats! Do you know how much the Iphone 11 Pro or Pro Max was by any chance?
I did ask them about IPhone 11 Pro a week ago before the IPhone 12 Pro was out. It was also around $60 before tax for the IPhone 11 Pro at that time.

However since now the 12 Pro is out, I would think they should have lowered the price for the 11 Pro.
Aug 1, 2020
10 posts
4 upvotes
Puddingon0714 wrote: I did ask them about IPhone 11 Pro a week ago before the IPhone 12 Pro was out. It was also around $60 before tax for the IPhone 11 Pro at that time.

However since now the 12 Pro is out, I would think they should have lowered the price for the 11 Pro.
Does $60 include both financing and the plan or just financing? Thanks!