• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 6:09 pm
Tags:
Apr 15, 2004
530 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
anyone able to get the plan from FIDO?

also the $300 credit for new phone, can you choose the phone later after activation? or has to pick one on the spot
Oct 20, 2001
811 posts
97 upvotes
Spruce Grove
called telus asked what they could do in response to this plan. they offered 6 gigs for $65. I hung up
Aug 2, 2018
18 posts
9 upvotes
Really wish I saw this last week. Got a call from the winback team and took the 15gb for $50 deal.

EDIT: I got the 15gb deal on September 2nd. Tried calling the Ambassador team back today and they would not give me the 25gb of data.
Last edited by StevenWongo on Sep 10th, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 26, 2006
115 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
Got a call from the winback team earlier today. Switched to Shaw mobile $0 plan and they offered to match it. $0 no data but that works for me.

Didn't offer any further credits but stated I paid $40 activation for 2 lines. They offered a one time credit of $40 to my account. I asked if they can issue a cheque refund as my bill will be $0 for 2 years.

Who knows what'll happen after 2 years but sounds good to me!
Jul 11, 2018
102 posts
37 upvotes
I just called the win back number, got through instantly which was a bit surprising. The agent advice me that my numbers are not eligible for any win back promotion ( We have ported out to Fido 2 weeks ago)

I guess Rogers are too good for our business.
If it ain't broken, open it and find out why!
Apr 15, 2004
530 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
you have to port out to competiting company (telus, koodo, bell, virgin, public mobile, lucky.....) to potentially be on the list.

Fido is same company as rogers (same as zoomer, chatr..)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1123 posts
892 upvotes
Surrey
jambo87 wrote: Got a call from the winback team earlier today. Switched to Shaw mobile $0 plan and they offered to match it. $0 no data but that works for me.

Didn't offer any further credits but stated I paid $40 activation for 2 lines. They offered a one time credit of $40 to my account. I asked if they can issue a cheque refund as my bill will be $0 for 2 years.

Who knows what'll happen after 2 years but sounds good to me!
Wow that’s amazing. I really hope that when my mom leaves Fido for the same plan that they offer they same winback deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1123 posts
892 upvotes
Surrey
Just wanted to ask, how long after you port out does the winback team contact you? I’m considering porting out to Freedom or Shaw for the meantime, but might open a new line with Fido as a backup that I can port to if Rogers winback doesn’t call.
Mar 14, 2014
576 posts
714 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: Just wanted to ask, how long after you port out does the winback team contact you? I’m considering porting out to Freedom or Shaw for the meantime, but might open a new line with Fido as a backup that I can port to if Rogers winback doesn’t call.
You will need to port out to a competitor, Fido, Zoomer and Chatr are sub-brands owned by Rogers and therefore would not qualify for a win-back offer.
Sep 26, 2006
115 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
henrik112 wrote: Just wanted to ask, how long after you port out does the winback team contact you? I’m considering porting out to Freedom or Shaw for the meantime, but might open a new line with Fido as a backup that I can port to if Rogers winback doesn’t call.
Mine was the next day. Had Rogers, went to Shaw and less than 12 hours later got a call
Mar 4, 2016
367 posts
223 upvotes
I ported out to Wind/Freedom ~4 years ago...guess I'm out of luck?

Do they only call recent port outs?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1123 posts
892 upvotes
Surrey
jambo87 wrote: Mine was the next day. Had Rogers, went to Shaw and less than 12 hours later got a call
Oh ok, maybe I’ll give it a shot. Also wondering, if I don’t receive a call back, could I port my number (which I’ll first port to Freedom/Shaw) to Fido? I can open up a temporary Fido number in the meantime if that’s the case.
Dec 24, 2012
115 posts
61 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Ported out to TELUS back in 2013. Didn't have my number on record. Figured it was a long shot.
Aug 23, 2011
20 posts
5 upvotes
North vancouver
i left Rogers some time ago in 2019 but did receive a call back a few months back and just have not had the time to call them back. I was able to get the deal that the OP posted with 10% off, so 40.50/mo for the 25GB data over 2 years. Had to ask and push a little bit to get that.

Some other points:
- there is an overage charge for this package with $20/GB hit.
- They also offered me the same $300 credit on the phone should i want to upgrade my phone.
- Was given the option for a 'free' tablet for $10/mo - 10 credit. Only have to pay the taxes on the tablet ~ $0.90 / mo. You get an additional 2GB/mo if you take this add-on. From what I can see, you can use the 2GB for the phone but not sure if the 25GB is available in the other direction(e.g. for the tablet) Again not a big deal.
-They are giving the crappy ZTE Grand X View 4 but can just turn around and sell it for a few bux.
-They waived all setup and other fees as part of the deal.

They also seem to have different deals depending on where you are porting from. Telus deals are less optimal. e.g. 15Gig/$50, 3Gig/$40 and 1Gig/35
I have a line on Telus that i will likely port over for either one of the first 2 options as currently paying way too much for the current corp plan of $70/mo.

Shaw/Freedom they will also port over the equivalent non-data plans as well with some discounts available

BTW: i also called freedom (my current provider) and the best they woudl do for me was 15GB for $50/mo-Credit $5/mo for 6 months. Not exactly what i was looking for since I currently pay $40/8GB
Last edited by cr1975 on Sep 10th, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 28, 2013
310 posts
203 upvotes
Vancouver
That's probably one of the reasons they added 5GB to my plan last week.

I know people are still complaining about high prices today, but do you guys remember 4-5 years ago when a 500MB plan costed $80/mo at Robelus? 6GB was $125/mo.

We still have a long way to go, but we've made some progress.