Hot Deals

[Rogers] BC/AB YMMV - Rogers Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 3:06 am
Tags:
Jun 6, 2016
189 posts
49 upvotes
syncmaster wrote: anyone able to get the plan from FIDO?

also the $300 credit for new phone, can you choose the phone later after activation? or has to pick one on the spot
It's available from Fido as well, but they only give a $200 credit. Also you need to pick a phone during the call with them. You can't decide later.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9056 posts
53896 upvotes
Ontario
rEDSpider wrote: called telus asked what they could do in response to this plan. they offered 6 gigs for $65. I hung up
lucky. they offered me $60/6gb
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Nov 30, 2014
19 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can anyone confirm if you leave a Rogers business plan to port to another provider that you are eligible for a win back offer? Or is it only for consumer plans?
May 21, 2012
120 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
Quickest way to port number out to a carrier without having to pay activation fee?

If you order your sim from Koodo online it's free activation but you have to wait a week for your sim card...
Apr 5, 2009
402 posts
870 upvotes
Vancouver
I left Rogers a few years ago for Koodo, after being with Rogers for around 13 years. I remember they would randomly increase the price of their plans each year, and they also added some regulatory recovery fee. I left because my plan was shitty and they couldn't do any better, and still kept raising the prices.

For those who have been on Rogers recently, have they been increasing the prices randomly on you, or has your cost been the same year over year (no contract)?

Update: I called and got through immediately, no wait, no machine. They were able to find my name based on the number I gave them, but they said I wasn't eligible for the promotion. I ported out in 2016 so that could be why. I have a call with Koodo tomorrow to try to get on one of their promotional plans, so I can see what they can do.
Oct 5, 2010
20 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
sgdnfan wrote: Hello

Buried inside the Rogers winback thread:
rogers-byod-rogers-50-15gb-unlimited-ta ... k-2343941/ there is a new deal that @Azeton mentions which I think is deserving of its own thread.
Thanks @sgdnfan for the credit / mention. I was gonna post a thread but got sidetracked and was worried it would be downvoted to oblivion like the Bell $45 25GB thread.

Good luck to everyone getting in on this winback offer, it is definitely a hot one and worth being on Freedom/Shaw for a couple days.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1302 posts
652 upvotes
deus wrote: Can confirm that I got this deal. The only difference is that I got 20% off for 24 months. After that, the price goes back to $45/month.

Also got the $300 device credit.

Thanks for the awesome deal notice OP.
Were you offered the free tablet and plan as well?
Dec 20, 2012
968 posts
783 upvotes
Surrey
flyjazz wrote: You will need to port out to a competitor, Fido, Zoomer and Chatr are sub-brands owned by Rogers and therefore would not qualify for a win-back offer.
What do you mean? I said I’m going to port out to Freedom/Shaw first. If I don’t get winback call, only then will I port from Freedom/Shaw to Fido.
Dec 8, 2013
321 posts
131 upvotes
British Columbia
Never thought I'd see Rogers match Shaw/Freedom, whatever happened to "the freedom network doesn't compare!!!!!"

This only means one thing, Christmas time the Big 3 is going to be super aggressive! Everyone on Shaw should max out their $0 plan availability, give Shaw a nice fat subscriber boost in their next quarterly report, that'll get the Big 3 to react even more :)
Jan 24, 2015
212 posts
133 upvotes
I hate how Rogers doesn't include US and International texting as part of the texting component. For me that's a deal breaker.
May 21, 2012
120 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
pinkrose398 wrote: I left Rogers a few years ago for Koodo, after being with Rogers for around 13 years. I remember they would randomly increase the price of their plans each year, and they also added some regulatory recovery fee. I left because my plan was shitty and they couldn't do any better, and still kept raising the prices.

For those who have been on Rogers recently, have they been increasing the prices randomly on you, or has your cost been the same year over year (no contract)?

Update: I called and got through immediately, no wait, no machine. They were able to find my name based on the number I gave them, but they said I wasn't eligible for the promotion. I ported out in 2016 so that could be why. I have a call with Koodo tomorrow to try to get on one of their promotional plans, so I can see what they can do.
I was in the same boat as you with rogers , was with them for awhile then it was a constant price increase every year. So I jumped ship to Koodo and got the $60/12gb plan on black friday... Now they have other promos going on right now for new activations or HUP but was able to get the promo by messaging them on Facebook Messenger without any hassle.

$50/9 GB Currently... But this Rogers deal looks pretty good!
Aug 17, 2008
925 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto
Molten lava hot!
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13536 posts
5100 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any chance someone in ON can get on this deal?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2358 posts
787 upvotes
Does any competitor to Rogers currently have retention/royalty/win back deals?
Currently with Rogers but want to move
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6147 posts
2072 upvotes
Left rogers for Koodo. Says I’m not eligible.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

perkyga