[Rogers] BC/AB YMMV - Rogers Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 2:56 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1302 posts
652 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Left rogers for Koodo. Says I’m not eligible.
When did you leave?
Dec 29, 2016
145 posts
12 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Left rogers for Koodo. Says I’m not eligible.
Curious if you ported out recently, or few years ago?
Jun 5, 2011
6 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
Seems to be for recent exits only. I left about 5 years ago, and my number is not eligible.
Oct 4, 2009
273 posts
156 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
I left Rogers when everyone got in on the $60/10GB deal. That's a fair bit ago...
Mar 17, 2018
946 posts
1383 upvotes
I called Rogers today. Was unable to get this particular deal because it's only for AB and BC but she gave me $50 15GB unlimited talk/text no contract BYOD. So I'm basically paying $5 more for 11GB of data. I think that's a fair deal.
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
$50 15GB Unlimited Talk and Text
$22.99 1GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Public Mobile
$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
Apr 5, 2008
59 posts
8 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: I called Rogers today. Was unable to get this particular deal because it's only for AB and BC but she gave me $50 15GB unlimited talk/text no contract BYOD. So I'm basically paying $5 more for 11GB of data. I think that's a fair deal.
Curious if you called the win back number or generic customer service to get that offer? I tried calling the win back number and it's always the same girl that answers. If your not on the "list" it's a pretty short conversation
Mar 17, 2018
946 posts
1383 upvotes
kowalsy wrote: Curious if you called the win back number or generic customer service to get that offer? I tried calling the win back number and it's always the same girl that answers. If your not on the "list" it's a pretty short conversation
I just called 611 from my phone.
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
$50 15GB Unlimited Talk and Text
$22.99 1GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Public Mobile
$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
Oct 19, 2007
127 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver
I called and also chatted with agent both lengthened that they have a list of clients that they have to stick with to contact and offer the plan. You cannot get this offer of you're not on the list. Don't waste your time.
Didn't expect much from Rogers anyway
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8587 posts
1298 upvotes
I’m moving to BC just for the plan lol
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1302 posts
652 upvotes
I ported out to Shaw yesterday. I didn't get an email but I called today and I was eligible. Got $45/25GB plan with 20% off (had to ask twice - first time, he offered 10%) for two years, free tablet, and $300 hardware upgrade credit for an LG Velvet.
Dec 20, 2012
973 posts
785 upvotes
Surrey
D168 wrote: I ported out to Shaw yesterday. I didn't get an email but I called today and I was eligible. Got $45/25GB plan with 20% off (had to ask twice - first time, he offered 10%) for two years, free tablet, and $300 hardware upgrade credit for an LG Velvet.
What exactly do you mean by asking twice? Did you specifically ask for the 20% off? Also, did they offer any credit for an iPhone?
Apr 13, 2013
20 posts
56 upvotes
Richmond
Super random. I called the winback lady. I ported 2 lines out of Rogers epp plan to Telus. Not eligible.

Must be a really specific targeted offer only to Shaw or Freedom ports.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1302 posts
652 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: What exactly do you mean by asking twice? Did you specifically ask for the 20% off? Also, did they offer any credit for an iPhone?
I asked if they could beat Shaw's price and they offered 10% off. I asked if they could do 20% and he put me on hold and came back and said yes.

The $300 was for any phone upgrade, so it could be applied to iPhones. I asked about an iPhone 11 originally and he gave me a $33(or something close, I didn't note it because I was aiming for $25 that I saw someone else get) per month price after taxes.
Dec 20, 2012
973 posts
785 upvotes
Surrey
D168 wrote: I asked if they could beat Shaw's price and they offered 10% off. I asked if they could do 20% and he put me on hold and came back and said yes.

The $300 was for any phone upgrade, so it could be applied to iPhones. I asked about an iPhone 11 originally and he gave me a $33(or something close, I didn't note it because I was aiming for $25 that I saw someone else get) per month price after taxes.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I’ll port out to Shaw after iPhone 12 is released next week and hope for the winback offer.
Aug 23, 2011
19 posts
5 upvotes
I also had some interesting feedback from Telus when I investigated the possibility of porting over a second line(my first one was with Freedom which i ported over yesterday.
Makes me want to try for that 20% off now since others seem to be able to get it.

Telus agent suggested I wait until Sunday as their new plans and options come out weekly typically on sundays. Told me to call back then to see what counter offers can be made. I will roll the dice and see what they come back with. I already have notes on my Rogers file for a Telus deal so should be covered on that end.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)