[Rogers] BC/AB YMMV - Rogers Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 12:37 pm
Tags:
May 21, 2012
120 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
Should I be calling the winback number or are they reaching out to people?
Jun 24, 2007
47 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I just called winback and 1.833.892.3338 and they said I needed to call fido since I was with them but sounds like the deal is active. They picked up instantly which was very interesting.
Mar 1, 2009
31 posts
18 upvotes
smokedvw wrote: I just called winback and 1.833.892.3338 and they said I needed to call fido since I was with them but sounds like the deal is active. They picked up instantly which was very interesting.
I just called too, and was told not eligible because I switch from Rogers 2 years ago. They said they are only offering this to ppl cancelled in last 30 days..........I dont believe it.......
May 21, 2012
120 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
I wonder if they will do 3 lines ... Two of my lines I had through Rogers and I just ported them but my 3rd line I ported about 2 yrs ago.
May 21, 2012
120 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
I just called the winback number and the $45/25gb is only for ports to Shaw Mobile from Rogers. The most she was able to offer me was $50 for 15gb for porting to Koodo.

She said if I were to port from Koodo to Shaw I could receive the offer.
Sep 12, 2020
3 posts
joshee86 wrote: I just called the winback number and the $45/25gb is only for ports to Shaw Mobile from Rogers. The most she was able to offer me was $50 for 15gb for porting to Koodo.
Haven't folks had success with porting to freedom too though? So many different interpretations from the reps it seems.
Jan 9, 2014
541 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
joshee86 wrote: I just called the winback number and the $45/25gb is only for ports to Shaw Mobile from Rogers. The most she was able to offer me was $50 for 15gb for porting to Koodo.

This is ridiculous, why make their customer do all those extra steps when you could just offer it and win you back?
Feb 14, 2004
225 posts
36 upvotes
Delta, BC

Do they know which carrier you ported to? Or you mentioned it?
Feb 8, 2012
220 posts
167 upvotes
Really tempted to switch to Shaw Mobile for this............
May 21, 2012
120 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
nightbird wrote: Do they know which carrier you ported to? Or you mentioned it?
Yes she could see which carrier I ported to from my phone number.

I'm curious whether or not anyone has been able to receive this $45/25gb offer through other providers other than Shaw mobile/freedom.
Jul 19, 2016
305 posts
131 upvotes
Ontario
sgdnfan wrote: Hello

Buried inside the Rogers winback thread:
rogers-byod-rogers-50-15gb-unlimited-ta ... k-2343941/ there is a new deal that @Azeton mentions which I think is deserving of its own thread.

For B.C./AB people formerly on Rogers, as a competitive answer to Shaw mobile, there is now a $45 25GB plan. I called yesterday to get this after seeing the post in the previous thread — but the deal got even sweeter with an additional 10% off for 24 months bringing it down to $40.50 pre taxes for 25 GB. See attached screenshot.

The other thing is the $300 hardware credit (I didn’t need it) which is another cherry on top.

The winback team mentioned this was a new deal. Originally I was offered only the $50/15GB plan, when I asked about what they had that is competitive with Shaw they came back with this deal.

This is flaming hot IMO.

Good luck. YMMV.

1649A431-4218-4A31-B690-3A9DC3404FA0.jpeg
I guess they had to match Shaw and Telus finally.....
Telus is giving peace of mind plan (so no overage on data, just drops to 256mb once 25gb reached), any idea is Rogers is infinite data?
Also, would this be eligible for 5G, cause I believe the Telus one will be eligible since it's a peace of mind plan.
[OP]
Aug 31, 2004
150 posts
189 upvotes
sunstar1980 wrote: I guess they had to match Shaw and Telus finally.....
Telus is giving peace of mind plan (so no overage on data, just drops to 256mb once 25gb reached), any idea is Rogers is infinite data?
Also, would this be eligible for 5G, cause I believe the Telus one will be eligible since it's a peace of mind plan.
This is a non infinite plan unfortunately. I also am confused with Rogers 5G strategy — $15 a month (after March 2021), and only for infinite plans. In that case I’d agree Telus is probably a better deal if you care about 5G

The other thing Telus offers with theirs is the sharing for smart watches or tablets at no extra cost. Rogers charges extra for this.

Interesting times for Canadian telcos in BC/AB :) but finally some reasonable pricing! Why people have to leave to get these deals still blows my mind...
Aug 26, 2020
6 posts
1 upvote
just called the winback #, and was told they couldn't pull up the number I had with Rogers before porting to Shaw, and said they couldn't provide the plan unless I was on a winback call list.
As I ported about 2 weeks ago, she said the winback list may not have yet been updated to reflect my number.... sucks. Totally hoping to switch back and I notice some major signal loss on Shaw :(

Thread Information

There are currently 12 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 7 guests)

Sleputz, mythical, Johndug, LezOLee, Zerius