Hot Deals

[Rogers] BC/AB YMMV - Rogers Winback $45 25GB w/additional bonuses

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 7:43 am
Tags:
Sep 17, 2020
4 posts
4 upvotes
Do you have to take a credit hit if you accept Winback offer from Rogers?
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1301 posts
652 upvotes
whyfreaky wrote: Do you have to take a credit hit if you accept Winback offer from Rogers?
Yes, you do
Jul 19, 2016
303 posts
130 upvotes
Ontario
whyfreaky wrote: Do you have to take a credit hit if you accept Winback offer from Rogers?
Just curious why does it bother people when credit checks are done?
Doesn’t it refresh your credit score in 60 days anyways?
Sep 17, 2020
4 posts
4 upvotes
sunstar1980 wrote: Just curious why does it bother people when credit checks are done?
Doesn’t it refresh your credit score in 60 days anyways?
Does it say anywhere it bothers me?
It was just a curious question. I dont think it goes away after 60 days.
Jul 19, 2016
303 posts
130 upvotes
Ontario
whyfreaky wrote: Does it say anywhere it bothers me?
It was just a curious question. I dont think it goes away after 60 days.
Oh I didn’t mean it towards you specifically.
Just curious why a number of questions came up about having credit checks done that seemed like it bothered the users.
Sep 17, 2020
4 posts
4 upvotes
sunstar1980 wrote: Oh I didn’t mean it towards you specifically.
Just curious why a number of questions came up about having credit checks done that seemed like it bothered the users.
Sure, I asked because I was able to persuade Telus not do a credit check when I ported from Rogers as I already had an account with them and it made no sense to evaluate again and the rep agreed after putting me on hold for a minute. But after receiving a Winback from Rogers, they are adamant to do a credit check. I would assume if I receive/accept another Winback from Telus (there's a thread I see), hopping again would have some impact on the score, but I am not entirely sure.
Last edited by whyfreaky on Sep 19th, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 29, 2012
337 posts
102 upvotes
DoubleJ5 wrote: I hate how Rogers doesn't include US and International texting as part of the texting component. For me that's a deal breaker.
As I've stated on other carriers matching this, if they matched the Shaw cross border plan, I would consider (most of my calls/texts are to America and I (used to) spend time there, other than that, I use Whatsapp/WeChat to keep in touch with people in Asia), otherwise, no
Nov 14, 2012
373 posts
107 upvotes
CALGARY
Useless Rogers they don't even have my number that I originally got it from them.
Oct 1, 2012
2 posts
Vancouver
I ported to Telus from Rogers back in late January. I went for the $85 peace of mind connect plan 20GB because it allowed you to connect your tablet, watches, etc. for no extra cost.

Had a winback call shortly after from Rogers and oddly enough another Winback call in late August. Turned both down at the time.

But then this $45 / 25 gb deal came out. I called the Rogers winback number mentioned somewhere online (in this rfd thread or similar). Was able to get the $45 deal with a free tablet and extra 2gb for free (no extra $10 charge). Didn’t push for the 10% discount others were getting. I also had to lie and tell them I was with Shaw Mobile.

Pretty happy with that. I did call Telus to see if they could do anything to stop be from switching, but they really didn’t offer anything even close.

I will say though - Rogers shipped everything by Purolator and that shipping company really sucks. But I’m sure it’ll work out and get here eventually.
Jun 12, 2010
729 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone previously on Rogers $50/15gb able to somehow finagle their way into this (either through just calling in and/or porting out/back in again?)
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13523 posts
5094 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any updates on this deal and has anyone gotten this deal in ON now that it seems Telus/Koodo winback is offering the $45 for 25GB deal for ex customers who ported to Freedom?
Nov 30, 2010
94 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know if this deal is still available?

May be switching from Telus if they don't fix my billing issue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)