• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 8:23 pm
Dec 27, 2008
348 posts
79 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 2:10 pm
I did this yesterday.

They passed me to WinBack, who passed me to Customer Retention.

The rep said shell have to talk to support. Came back and said they'll add the 25% off. I asked her to just hold off till the billing cycle starts, but comes back and says they already added it during the pause...

So they pulled off my $85 10GB Premium Plan.
Added $95 10 GB plan plus 25% off.
Added the $500 port credit even though I'm already with Rogers.
And offered me a $0 phone even though I upgraded in May this year.

Rogers....

make sure to watch your bill for the next 2-3 cycles. if you upgraded may of this year it is likely you have a early cancellation fee to pay off the device balance from your previous contract
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1556 posts
1370 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
so far no go, called in like 10 times, different agents, all said sorry can't do anything to help. I mentioned it isn't fair to reward those that left Rogers, and screw those that stuck with them.. they basically didn't care. I even used the, I will check out other companies, if you find a better deal in the meantime for me, give me a call... they said "We won't be able to find a better deal for you sir, sorry " they then hung up lol, i wasn't even rude to them.. was being as nice as possible.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4495 posts
1404 upvotes
Toronto
x1xslickx1x wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 4:05 pm
make sure to watch your bill for the next 2-3 cycles. if you upgraded may of this year it is likely you have a early cancellation fee to pay off the device balance from your previous contract
Yup, I realized that, so I guess that $500 port credit will be used to offset my existing tab balance.

My best move would be to just negotiate a price on the device I want to upgrade too, so, in this case, the Note 9.
junglemage666 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 5:38 pm
so far no go, called in like 10 times, different agents, all said sorry can't do anything to help. I mentioned it isn't fair to reward those that left Rogers, and screw those that stuck with them.. they basically didn't care. I even used the, I will check out other companies, if you find a better deal in the meantime for me, give me a call... they said "We won't be able to find a better deal for you sir, sorry " they then hung up lol, i wasn't even rude to them.. was being as nice as possible.
Who are you speaking too?

You should just ask to speak to Management, if they say no, ask to be bumped to Office of the President.

Even getting 25% off your monthly rate plan is worth it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1556 posts
1370 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
rebel_rfd wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 5:48 pm
Yup, I realized that, so I guess that $500 port credit will be used to offset my existing tab balance.

My best move would be to just negotiate a price on the device I want to upgrade too, so, in this case, the Note 9.

Who are you speaking too?

You should just ask to speak to Management, if they say no, ask to be bumped to Office of the President.

Even getting 25% off your monthly rate plan is worth it.
im talking to retentions/relations

finally they offered me $95 for 10 GB premium plan only, no $500 credit, no $0 upgrade no 25% discount. If i do this for both lines, ill be at same price total, but with 3 GB more data. Guess thats good, but its 10 GB each line, where one line uses like 1 GB and mine i hit over 15GB so might be better to keep as is as I have 17GB shared now.

one other thing, be careful, they offered deals on tv/internet/homephone, and said its $30 cheaper!! sweet, then i asked if any difference, . yep lose like 40 channels, and lose home phone features they no longer offer... forcing a 500 minute cap international calling then charge per minute again... really hate when they dangle lower price with less things, and make it look like they are doing me a favor. Make sure you record your convos with these people for a later date when you indeed find out you were screwed over with their wording.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4495 posts
1404 upvotes
Toronto
junglemage666 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 6:37 pm
im talking to retentions/relations

finally they offered me $95 for 10 GB premium plan only, no $500 credit, no $0 upgrade no 25% discount. If i do this for both lines, ill be at same price total, but with 3 GB more data. Guess thats good, but its 10 GB each line, where one line uses like 1 GB and mine i hit over 15GB so might be better to keep as is as I have 17GB shared now.

one other thing, be careful, they offered deals on tv/internet/homephone, and said its $30 cheaper!! sweet, then i asked if any difference, . yep lose like 40 channels, and lose home phone features they no longer offer... forcing a 500 minute cap international calling then charge per minute again... really hate when they dangle lower price with less things, and make it look like they are doing me a favor. Make sure you record your convos with these people for a later date when you indeed find out you were screwed over with their wording.
Android Call Recorder for the win!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1556 posts
1370 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
rebel_rfd wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 6:40 pm
Android Call Recorder for the win!
Yep, and don't even have to let them know you are recording, since they are recording as well. It has saved me before. Oh and found out if I go for the 10 GB for $95, its $70 per GB overage... lol... cuz i asked what the overage was.
Aug 4, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
Just got my wife a $500 credit with a Note 8 at $76 and myself a BYOP at $48 both for 5 Gb per month. All thanks to that dude, you know who you are, here that helped me out.
Nov 27, 2010
295 posts
35 upvotes
Mississauga
NathanL27288 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 7:56 pm
Just got my wife a $500 credit with a Note 8 at $76 and myself a BYOP at $48 both for 5 Gb per month. All thanks to that dude, you know who you are, here that helped me out.
Could u pm his info?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4791 posts
538 upvotes
Toronto
NathanL27288 wrote:
Yes, can you also please PM me his info?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14660 posts
5857 upvotes
LOL this deal is going underground. Oh, Rogers. Why can't you just give all of your customers access to the same deals? It's always YMMV with Rogers. A complete joke.
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Jul 5, 2004
23637 posts
3127 upvotes
NathanL27288 wrote:
Is there someone on this forum that can offer these deals? I haven't been following this thread.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14660 posts
5857 upvotes
LOL now the mods want in on the action. Face With Tears Of Joy
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Jul 22, 2010
828 posts
146 upvotes
toronto
LeS91757 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 8:48 pm
Same! locked in 14G / $62.
Never changing, EVER.
wut? storytime please, haha
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4495 posts
1404 upvotes
Toronto
LeS91757 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 8:48 pm
Same! locked in 14G / $62.
Never changing, EVER.
Rogers offers a an Unlimited Data plan for $75 a month.

Problem is you can never get a HUP on those plans. Plus a bit lucrative to get, but once you have it, you can never lose it.

Regardless, when deals like this come up where you can upgrade or flip phones, it becomes worthwhile to jump on these plans, unless you really need the extra data.