Hot Deals

[Rogers] BIG YMMY - Rogers WinBack $80 10GB + $500 Credits + $0 Flagship

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 8:23 pm
Aug 9, 2010
182 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
i'm existing customer and i went thru rogers chat to ask about the 25% off and port credit, the agent said nothing he can offer me
except to jack up my monthly plan to a ridiculous $155/month from $60/month and let me buy the note 9 at $549. (wow, what a deal)
are these deals only for people who cancelled?
Aug 30, 2018
12 posts
3 upvotes
Where is this $59 10gb plan with phone from, I keep seeing it around but can't find the source.
Nov 3, 2017
59 posts
10 upvotes
Can anyone confirm if this deal is still happening. Want to jump over to freedom and try to get this deal.
Jul 8, 2018
46 posts
38 upvotes
mzainw wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 8:25 pm
Can anyone confirm if this deal is still happening. Want to jump over to freedom and try to get this deal.
yeah i got the call last week but the deals didn't seem that good to me. better off switching to public mobile and trying to get the migration offer and then buying a phone yourself, its still cheaper.

Edit: should note that my rep told me to call back anytime in case I wanted to check back on the deals.
Nov 3, 2017
59 posts
10 upvotes
dimesntreys wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 10:59 am
yeah i got the call last week but the deals didn't seem that good to me. better off switching to public mobile and trying to get the migration offer and then buying a phone yourself, its still cheaper.

Edit: should note that my rep told me to call back anytime in case I wanted to check back on the deals.
could you pm me the number to call back at?
Sep 3, 2018
2 posts
What is the best deal or similar deal available for new activations?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1728 posts
487 upvotes
Was Rogers successful in applying either the 20% off or even the $500 credit?
Dec 16, 2015
52 posts
86 upvotes
Ontario
itrocks4u wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 2:21 am
Was Rogers successful in applying either the 20% off or even the $500 credit?
I got my credits but the 20% off didnt apply on month one they had to manually discount it. We'll see what month two has in store for me.
Jun 13, 2015
45 posts
80 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Well I acknowledge win back deal is good.

While it's good, there is a huge personal data security question, which I have raised it Rogers President office and they acknowledge there is a gap and they have to work on it!!
First of all company called S&P data, calls you on behalf of Rogers! they have all your personal details right in front of your computer not only that when signing with the win back team they are able to access your driver's license/passport/SIN etc to confirm your order over the phone and do a credit check. That's what I feel it's a personal information security breach.

Please understand - Rogers is not only customer of S&P data, providing unmasked data of personal information to third company, they do require your consent and Rogers is doing without any consent. Ignoring such sensitive info can lead to identity theft.

Not to scare you all with deal!! Provide your ID information in store to provide additional layer of security.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27107 posts
13106 upvotes
Ottawa
PritDealz wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 11:31 am
Well I acknowledge win back deal is good.

While it's good, there is a huge personal data security question, which I have raised it Rogers President office and they acknowledge there is a gap and they have to work on it!!
First of all company called S&P data, calls you on behalf of Rogers! they have all your personal details right in front of your computer not only that when signing with the win back team they are able to access your driver's license/passport/SIN etc to confirm your order over the phone and do a credit check. That's what I feel it's a personal information security breach.

Please understand - Rogers is not only customer of S&P data, providing unmasked data of personal information to third company, they do require your consent and Rogers is doing without any consent. Ignoring such sensitive info can lead to identity theft.

Not to scare you all with deal!! Provide your ID information in store to provide additional layer of security.
I have never given out my SIN number to a service provider, not even why I apply for credit cards!
Jun 13, 2015
45 posts
80 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
True, SIN number shouldn't be provided for taking a mobile phone!! but I saw many people provide that, that's the reason I added to the list.

Please consider - I have not provided my id details over the phone to S&P data, I asked them I am not comfortable to provide over the phone and asked them if they have it please confirm - to my surprise they had my driver's license number ready !!
Aug 4, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
I've got bad news for you. There's alot of offloading work with media companies like rogers. And all of the companies have access to alot of information about you. They're just not supposed to tell you in case it turns out that you are not you.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2015
1123 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just wanted to confirm. Is WinBack strictly for people who have left Rogers to another carrier and looking to get back with Rogers?

Would this type of deal be attainable by a current Rogers customer who is running out of contract in 2 months (Nov 2018)? Or do I have to leave Rogers to get this.

Thanks in adv.!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1728 posts
487 upvotes
futabasan wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 10:27 am
Just wanted to confirm. Is WinBack strictly for people who have left Rogers to another carrier and looking to get back with Rogers?

Would this type of deal be attainable by a current Rogers customer who is running out of contract in 2 months (Nov 2018)? Or do I have to leave Rogers to get this.

Thanks in adv.!
Leave rogers to get this... or more like put in a request for cancellation and hope for the best.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2015
1123 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto, ON
itrocks4u wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 11:22 am
Leave rogers to get this... or more like put in a request for cancellation and hope for the best.
Thanks, would I call the WinBack number and leave a VM citing my intention to leave? Or go thru regular retentions?

Got 2 more months to go with about $50 on my tab but want to start looking ahead of the end of my contract.