[Rogers] BIG YMMY - Rogers WinBack $80 10GB + $500 Credits + $0 Flagship

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2019 11:23 am
Nov 3, 2017
59 posts
10 upvotes
futabasan wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 4:42 pm
Freedom reception is good nowadays? The $500 credit would make a big deal. Go rogers
Its good where i am (vaughan) and the idea is if this is a winback and i Have to leave rogers to get this deal. After all my account detail go back to $0 for the phone I returned, Ill switch over to the Freedom 10gb/$60 deal. call in to try to get the win back from rogers. If they say no then ill just get on contract with freedom for the iphone 8 plus or wait for the new iphone Xplus and get that with freedom if they get it
Dec 21, 2009
348 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
got offered samsung s9 or iphone 8 for $0

$100/month plan - 20% = $80

plus $500 + $30 credit on the line

essentially bringing cost of the plan down to $58/month + a free phone

does that sound about right? or can i get better?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1326 posts
110 upvotes
bbmello wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 5:04 pm
got offered samsung s9 or iphone 8 for $0

$100/month plan - 20% = $80

plus $500 + $30 credit on the line

essentially bringing cost of the plan down to $58/month + a free phone

does that sound about right? or can i get better?
not too bad but you can try get unlimited data like me
Dec 21, 2009
348 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
leadersuper699 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 5:11 pm
not too bad but you can try get unlimited data like me
whoa that's an option?? wtf how lol

i'm trying to decide for the s9 or the iphone 8?

i guess the iphone 8 is better value, eh?
Dec 21, 2009
348 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
rogers customers for 30 years (home phone, internet, cable, mobile), switched mobile to koodo during the 10 gigs/60 deal.

after getting them to offer me the above mentioned $0 iphone, $500 credit, etc. they said they needed to do a credit check.

as a current customer for the other services (internet, cable, home phone), they still need that?

i found it a little insulting so told them i refused.

it's a matter of principle for me, and i find that a little ridiculous.

oh well.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
3046 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bbmello wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 6:00 pm
rogers customers for 30 years (home phone, internet, cable, mobile), switched mobile to koodo during the 10 gigs/60 deal.

after getting them to offer me the above mentioned $0 iphone, $500 credit, etc. they said they needed to do a credit check.

as a current customer for the other services (internet, cable, home phone), they still need that?

oh well.
It's a good deal though. Not sure but I probably wouldn't mind the credit check or talk to them about it.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1727 posts
487 upvotes
bbmello wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 6:00 pm

oh well.
I think the winback is sort of third party. Because your coming back to Roger's, hence winback, they wanted to do a credit check. It could also be that you haven't had one in a while.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2015
1106 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I called in and left a voicemail, how long should I expect for a call back?
May 3, 2009
114 posts
17 upvotes
Been with Rogers on $40/4GB chatr to Rogers migration plan. Set a cancellation date 3 weeks in advance and got a confirmation for scheduled cancellation. Left voicemail, tried calling multiple times on Winback number.. no luck. No winback call back. Finally ported to Public mobile yesterday. Lets see if I get a call now.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2015
1106 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto, ON
karmanwalia wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 3:09 pm
Been with Rogers on $40/4GB chatr to Rogers migration plan. Set a cancellation date 3 weeks in advance and got a confirmation for scheduled cancellation. Left voicemail, tried calling multiple times on Winback number.. no luck. No winback call back. Finally ported to Public mobile yesterday. Lets see if I get a call now.
Damn I hope that doesn't happen to me. Thanks for sharin though. Might go PM if I don't hear back from WBack team.
May 9, 2015
184 posts
167 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Is it possible to get the $500 spread out over the two years as $20 off per month? The roger rep said it cant be done. But I thought someone here said it was possible.
Dec 29, 2013
27 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I got to talk to them instead of VM... apparently people who left ROGERS within 90 days are on the list :(
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2015
1106 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SaemSol wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 7:53 pm
I got to talk to them instead of VM... apparently people who left ROGERS within 90 days are on the list :(
1st post! Congrats lol.

Update:
WinBack called me back and the guy was very nice but he said because I have not cancelled yet (I only handed in cancellation notice) he cannot do anything for me. He said he would put my name in the system for after my cancellation notice and give me a call back.

I talked to a rep again today and was offered this (the rep was not from WinBack)
Before I go into details below, I'm looking for a Note 9.
- $78.75 / 10GB plan
- $150 credit
Pretty normal as most people are getting. Was not offered the $500 credits. But she said that:
- Note 9 is $449 (I thought it was $549 so I am not sure where she got that number from)
- She offered to pay off my remaining tab of $55 dollars
- But she would not waive the $30 connection fee.
Essentially, in terms of credits, it's like I'm getting about $300 in "credits" = (The $150, the $100 discount from the price of $549 of the Note 9, and $55 wiped off my last 2 months of the contract).

It's not a bad deal.

If I go the Winback route and port out to PM, I would be paying about $100 anyways out of my pocket. Since it's $45-$50 for the PM plan and I'd have to pay the $55 from my remaining 2 months. At least I won't have to go through negotiating with WinBack, save time, and I get the Note 9 NOW instead of 1-2 months later.

What do you guys think?