Apr 5, 2015
1130 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto, ON
futabasan wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:13 pm
1st post! Congrats lol.

Update:
WinBack called me back and the guy was very nice but he said because I have not cancelled yet (I only handed in cancellation notice) he cannot do anything for me. He said he would put my name in the system for after my cancellation notice and give me a call back.

I talked to a rep again today and was offered this (the rep was not from WinBack)
Before I go into details below, I'm looking for a Note 9.
- $78.75 / 10GB plan
- $150 credit
Pretty normal as most people are getting. Was not offered the $500 credits. But she said that:
- Note 9 is $449 (I thought it was $549 so I am not sure where she got that number from)
- She offered to pay off my remaining tab of $55 dollars
- But she would not waive the $30 connection fee.
Essentially, in terms of credits, it's like I'm getting about $300 in "credits" = (The $150, the $100 discount from the price of $549 of the Note 9, and $55 wiped off my last 2 months of the contract).

It's not a bad deal.

If I go the Winback route and port out to PM, I would be paying about $100 anyways out of my pocket. Since it's $45-$50 for the PM plan and I'd have to pay the $55 from my remaining 2 months. At least I won't have to go through negotiating with WinBack, save time, and I get the Note 9 NOW instead of 1-2 months later.

What do you guys think?
Anyone?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2015
1130 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto, ON
azncapcom wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 7:47 pm
I would take that deal. 78.75 is cheaper than the winback of $80. The winback will only get you slightly more credits than what is currently offered and you will risk not getting a deal at all...
Thanks!
Dec 3, 2016
66 posts
37 upvotes
I want to port out in an attempt to get this offer. Does anyone know what happens if you port out midmonth. If I am on a 6GB plan and used 4GB. How does that work. Is 1GB considered overage?
Nov 3, 2017
59 posts
10 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 6:45 pm
Will be trying for it once the pre order is available.
same here gonna port out monday to freedom wait for the 12th see if i like the XS and then try to winback with the $500 off on the Xs or hopefully lower priced 8 plus lol
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4190 posts
2552 upvotes
Calgary
So if Rogers calls me today which I think they will, and I pass on the one year old iPhones and ask for them to call me back in 5 days after the iPhones are released I wonder if they will just not call me back? Impossible to call them and get a reply it seems. So the current offer is 399 for an iPhone X and an 80 dollar 10 gb plan with a 500$ rebate to get the plan cost down to 60$?
Nov 3, 2017
59 posts
10 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote:
Sep 9th, 2018 9:55 am
So if Rogers calls me today which I think they will, and I pass on the one year old iPhones and ask for them to call me back in 5 days after the iPhones are released I wonder if they will just not call me back? Impossible to call them and get a reply it seems. So the current offer is 399 for an iPhone X and an 80 dollar 10 gb plan with a 500$ rebate to get the plan cost down to 60$?
Let us know if the call you back. Also when did you leave. Im planning on leaving today then on the 12 if i dont recieve a call from win back ill give em a call. Ive been rogers for 4 years now
Jul 1, 2012
15 posts
1 upvote
Surrey
I just got this deal after speaking with a retentions manager after I threatened to leave Rogers. Reason for my displeasure was dealing with a regular retentions agent who lied about something to me that wasted over an hour of my time. Without going into details it was enough that the manager was going to review the call and I was offered the following which I took.

BYOD unlimited talk and text, enhanced voicemail, all the usual etc.
10gb data. $75 with 25% off for 12 months. Brings it down to $56.25/month.
Nov 3, 2017
59 posts
10 upvotes
Craftservice wrote:
Sep 9th, 2018 6:34 pm
I just got this deal after speaking with a retentions manager after I threatened to leave Rogers. Reason for my displeasure was dealing with a regular retentions agent who lied about something to me that wasted over an hour of my time. Without going into details it was enough that the manager was going to review the call and I was offered the following which I took.

BYOD unlimited talk and text, enhanced voicemail, all the usual etc.
10gb data. $75 with 25% off for 12 months. Brings it down to $56.25/month.
Thats really good if you got that from retentions lol now im intrested in what the rep said to you
Nov 17, 2014
218 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I left Rogers last week. I had 2 lines and had almost 360 device balance. But the Koodo deal was too good and was much more to cover for this loss.
Got a call back yesterday, less than one week after I left. Offered 48$ for 5gb and 56$ for 10gb for second line and 200 $ credit.
I denied.
I felt I could have bargained a but did not as I had called a few times before asking for a change in rate plan or else I would leave. Now after all my hard work in getting new koodo lines they want me back...

My net deal with Koodo = I will be paying around 35$ for 5gb for 5 months one line one. second line= 28 $ for 10gb for 5 months.. Then each line goes up by 10$. On top of this I pocket a net cash of 430$ after all selling and payoffs.
Koodo
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4190 posts
2552 upvotes
Calgary
I left Rogers 2 years ago and got the call today. The similar offer to everyone else. 20% off the 100$ 10 gb plan with a 500$ credit. The option to get a phone was the standard offers from Rogers currently. I asked for a callback after Apple’s event to see what has changed and they agreed to call me back next weekend.
May 3, 2009
114 posts
17 upvotes
So I ported out on 6th Sept to public Mobile. Got a callback from Winback today. They asked about what offer I got from public and said they will call back with an offer to win us back.
Nov 3, 2017
59 posts
10 upvotes
Ported out to freedom monday morning. Lets see how this goes