Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2011 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
futabasan wrote:
Sep 18th, 2018 2:50 pm
Leave a message for them. They'll call you back
Did that on Friday, haven't heard anything back from them yet. How long is it generally taking for a call back?
Apr 29, 2006
385 posts
447 upvotes
the 6
I have the $60 10gb deal if I cancel will they offer me the $80 promo with the $500 credit?
Jan 20, 2012
439 posts
273 upvotes
LONDON
mimo86 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2018 9:33 pm
I have the $60 10gb deal if I cancel will they offer me the $80 promo with the $500 credit?
If you port out, maybe. You’d have to try it since nobody can guarantee anything.

Win back was difficult for me to reach until I ported my wife’s line, since I called the bluff of Rogers retention. Now anytime I call them, they call me back same day or I get through to the agents right away. It’s sweet to have that under the belt now, since I’m waiting for a good internet offer, and the guy said I could call anytime and he would return my call and call me if any good offers come up.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
May 25, 2005
625 posts
152 upvotes
Called tonight around 6pm and had an agent pick up right away. Kind of surprised me as I was expecting to get the voicemail. Had no problem doing the deal and it all went very smoothly.
Sep 11, 2018
19 posts
8 upvotes
Azer wrote:
Sep 18th, 2018 11:19 pm
Called tonight around 6pm and had an agent pick up right away. Kind of surprised me as I was expecting to get the voicemail. Had no problem doing the deal and it all went very smoothly.
What deal did u managed to get?
Apr 29, 2006
385 posts
447 upvotes
the 6
Azer wrote:
Sep 18th, 2018 11:19 pm
And what number did you call if you don’t mind sharing
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1145 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
I heard not too long ago that you can actually bring friends and family with the same plan as long as your number is in their system. Is it correct ?
Jun 7, 2008
293 posts
23 upvotes
I am still with roger. Do i need to do something to get this deal?
May 25, 2005
625 posts
152 upvotes
Dealzhtms wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 1:42 am
What deal did u managed to get?
I got the 10GB, unlimited talk and text for $80 plan. They gave me the $500 credit and waived the activation fee. I chose a $0 phone which I plan to sell as I already have an iPhone X.
wecare wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 6:58 am
I heard not too long ago that you can actually bring friends and family with the same plan as long as your number is in their system. Is it correct ?
I was told I can activate up to 5 lines with this promo and they encouraged me to bring any family members over to take advantage of it.
Jan 23, 2007
39 posts
1 upvote
VAN
I'd be interested to know if anybody on Zoomer was able to get this.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2011 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Finally got a call back, they said they can't do any promos on the iPhone Xs until the launch on Friday; sounds a little fishy to me, but they're supposed to call me back on Friday to make a deal.
Apr 18, 2014
43 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I GOT THIS DEAL FROM ROGERS.

I called in to a voicemail number (brand ambassadors for the winback department). I let them know that I bounced to Bell last year when they had the $60 10gb plan.

They called me back in a few hours saying that they'd love my business and we went over the particulars of the deal.

My plan is as follows:

2 year plan w/ 20% OFF over the duration of the 2 year plan
$100 10gb talk and text plan with 20% OFF = $80/month
$500 credit over the 2 years applied monthly will bring my $80/month down to $60 a month, over 2 years
$0 flagship phone - I chose the Huawei P20 PRO in black
Bonus free item: Google Home Mini
Bonus free item: Activation fee of $30 waived
SIM CARD included at no additional cost.

I was able to sell my Samsung S8+ (cracked screen) with Bell for 350 which was close to the amount I owed with Bell to clear my tab with them before moving over to rogers and getting a brand new flagship phone which is the Huawei P20 PRO.

That's how my deal went down.

One thing to note is, the first month you have to pay the full amount of the bill. In months 2 and onwards the activation fee plus discounts and credits get applied going forward.

** at the end of the 2 years I will be actively seeking other good plans to hop on. I'm happy paying $60 a month + taxes for a flagship phone, 10gbs, google home mini, and the waived fees, but once that goes back up to 100/month I will surely be discontinuing this plan**

so always be on the lookout for good deals coming down the pipe when you're nearing the end of your 2 year term.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4190 posts
2560 upvotes
Calgary
zonnie wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 1:25 pm
I GOT THIS DEAL FROM ROGERS.

I called in to a voicemail number (brand ambassadors for the winback department). I let them know that I bounced to Bell last year when they had the $60 10gb plan.

They called me back in a few hours saying that they'd love my business and we went over the particulars of the deal.

My plan is as follows:

2 year plan w/ 20% OFF over the duration of the 2 year plan
$100 10gb talk and text plan with 20% OFF = $80/month
$500 credit over the 2 years applied monthly will bring my $80/month down to $60 a month, over 2 years
$0 flagship phone - I chose the Huawei P20 PRO in black
Bonus free item: Google Home Mini
Bonus free item: Activation fee of $30 waived
SIM CARD included at no additional cost.

I was able to sell my Samsung S8+ (cracked screen) with Bell for 350 which was close to the amount I owed with Bell to clear my tab with them before moving over to rogers and getting a brand new flagship phone which is the Huawei P20 PRO.

That's how my deal went down.

One thing to note is, the first month you have to pay the full amount of the bill. In months 2 and onwards the activation fee plus discounts and credits get applied going forward.

** at the end of the 2 years I will be actively seeking other good plans to hop on. I'm happy paying $60 a month + taxes for a flagship phone, 10gbs, google home mini, and the waived fees, but once that goes back up to 100/month I will surely be discontinuing this plan**

so always be on the lookout for good deals coming down the pipe when you're nearing the end of your 2 year term.
It would be nice if they change the definition of flagship device for zero to include the Iphone X at the least.