Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] BIG YMMY - Rogers WinBack $80 10GB + $500 Credits + $0 Flagship

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2019 7:10 pm
Jan 13, 2007
914 posts
72 upvotes
Planning to port out to Freedom and see if Rogers calls me for winback... Can anyone tell me if this is a good idea?
Apr 29, 2016
100 posts
70 upvotes
gkilla wrote: You say that you’ve been trying for months. Were you calling everyday? Or did they just call you back now after months of you leaving the voicemail?
Tried with several voicemails and a call where they didn't have my name on their lists. Ended up getting it via referral.
Nov 9, 2013
488 posts
124 upvotes
I have a $1500 bill with Rogers from porting 2 numbers out to Telus. Am about to pay it off but I'm wondering if I could get retentions/this win-back number to sign up me up for a bare-bones plan, no phone and account credits to help soften the blow. No intention of staying with Rogers, maybe just 1 or 2 months to get the credits. Could this work?
Sep 15, 2009
5 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
Just FYI

Left Rogers back in Dec 2017 to Virgin on the 10G specials everyone was getting. I received several winback calls in the Spring, did not show any interest and they ignored me for the summer.

I got a call back yesterday, offer was 25% off 10G plan (75$) and 300 credit. I was looking at IOS so was offered Iphone 7 for 0$ upfront, iphone 8 200$, iphone x 549$ and iphone Xs at 659$ and 300 credit. I asked the rep to call me back as I was in meetings all day.

They called back and I was offered the same dataplan (75$ for 10G), iphone 8 0$, iphone X 349$ and iphone Xs still 659$. I said my overnight research indicated people were being offered more credit so he upped it to 500$ )why not just offer that first and save some time). I am still on my old dying iphone 5s so any of the offered phones would work for me. I took the deal for the iphone X. I was considering the iphone 8 as that would have actually resulted in me paying less per month for data plan than i am now (75$ month-500$ credit/24=56$ month) and as well the iphone 8 has a smaller form factor that i prefer and same chipset as the X. But the new display technology and the better camera for the X seems to be worth the price; I watch a lot of netflix on my commute so the larger and better display is probably a main factor. The other features like the face unlocking or emoji stuff I couldn't care less about.

so basically I am getting the iphone X for "free" with a 150 credit remaining but paying more for the 10G than my previous 60$ month (75$ monthy -150$ credit/24=69.50 month) ...so add it all up I am getting my iphone X for approx 9.50 month*24=228$. They are crediting me back for the 35$ activation.

I am ok with it, took me 17 minutes total on the phone.
Sep 15, 2009
5 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
vhparekh wrote: Hi, I am with Rogers with 2 lines and 2 phones (s8+ & iPhone X) on 2 yr contract. Almost a year gone. Is there any winback offer that I can opt for?
This thread is about Winback offers, not Retention offers; and just FYI, if you are only halfway through your contract they will likely offer you nothing. You can always opt out of contact (which I think involves re-imbursing the hardware discount you got or the tab amount still owing) but I am assuming they do look at your past history and not sure what criteria are involved in Winback offers.
Aug 26, 2014
29 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Called Thursday night and found out I can get BYOP
$45 for 5GB for 2 yrs or $52.50 for 10GB for 2 yrs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If i wanted an IPhone XS Max 64GB I can get
$500 credit if i got with a 10GB data plan or $300 credit if I go with 5GB data plan so
10GB for $75 or 5GB for $67.50
IPhone XS Max is $789-$500 credit = $389 with 10GB data plan for $75 a month all on 2 yr commitment
IPhone XS is $659-$500 credit = $159 with 10GB data plan for $75 a month all on 2 yr commitment
Ontario Pricing I didn't ask about activation or sim card charges. Hope you all can get these deals i listed at the least all the best!
Last edited by dealerofrfd on Oct 28th, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 13, 2010
69 posts
17 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I got a call from this Winback offer last Thursday. 2 year contract, $75/month, Canada wide calling plus 10GB data. $500 credit for new phone + $30 activation credit. Got a iPhone XS Max 64G for $289. He is also promising after two years the price plan will be $70 which I can't get a confirmation with any Rogers agent .

Right now I am on Bell $60/10GB plan.

I am a little worry that after two years the price will be sky rocketed. What do you guys think?
Last edited by gtdeal on Oct 27th, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 18, 2017
324 posts
234 upvotes
gtdeal wrote: I got a call from this Winback offer last Thursday. 2 year contract, $75/month, Canada wide calling plus 10GB data. $500 credit for new phone + $30 activation credit. Got a iPhone XS Max 64G for $289. He is also promising after two years the price plan will be $70 which I can't a confirmation with any Rogers agent .

I am a little worry that after two years the price will be sky rocketed. What do you guys think?
I think you should go for it! Lots can change in 2 years.
At least you get a new phone out of it.
Nov 13, 2010
69 posts
17 upvotes
Burlington, ON
250strong wrote: I think you should go for it! Lots can change in 2 years.
At least you get a new phone out of it.
Thanks. Too bad they only have the 64GB version of XS Max. i really want a 256GB
Nov 7, 2014
136 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
gtdeal wrote: I got a call from this Winback offer last Thursday. 2 year contract, $75/month, Canada wide calling plus 10GB data. $500 credit for new phone + $30 activation credit. Got a iPhone XS Max 64G for $289. He is also promising after two years the price plan will be $70 which I can't a confirmation with any Rogers agent .

I had the same concern when switch back to Rogers with this win back promotion. But really 2 years a lot can change in wireless plan and it will getting more competitive. So I say if you really want the phone then it's no brainer. 500 discount is really unheard of you don't get that from any other major carriers.
Jan 18, 2017
324 posts
234 upvotes
gtdeal wrote: Thanks. Too bad they only have the 64GB version of XS Max. i really want a 256GB
Oh we all want the newest and best phone.

I settled for the iPhone X 256.
Nov 13, 2010
69 posts
17 upvotes
Burlington, ON
mclyin wrote: I had the same concern when switch back to Rogers with this win back promotion. But really 2 years a lot can change in wireless plan and it will getting more competitive. So I say if you really want the phone then it's no brainer. 500 discount is really unheard of you don't get that from any other major carriers.
Thanks. i am pulling the trigger for this. Only downside is they don't have a lot option for XS max. Only 64GB grey is instock now
Nov 18, 2008
92 posts
20 upvotes
Thornhill
gtdeal wrote: Thanks. i am pulling the trigger for this. Only downside is they don't have a lot option for XS max. Only 64GB grey is instock now
They told me to expect a 4 week wait for a XS MAX 256 but I then received a shipping confirmation later that day so they seem to have some stock.
Nov 13, 2010
69 posts
17 upvotes
Burlington, ON
tonyb wrote: They told me to expect a 4 week wait for a XS MAX 256 but I then received a shipping confirmation later that day so they seem to have some stock.
Wow, I will call them to confirm this. By the way, how much did you pay for the 256GB version max after the $500 credit?
Nov 18, 2008
92 posts
20 upvotes
Thornhill
gtdeal wrote: Wow, I will call them to confirm this. By the way, how much did you pay for the 256GB version max after the $500 credit?
$989 now with $80 per month for the 10 gb plan - ie +- $30 extra per month so a total of $709. The $500 credit will take care of most of that so 989+709-500= $1198.

I'm not sure if they will or can confirm this. I suspect it was just a function of a large company where they don't have real time accurate info. I really was expecting a 3 week + wait and was shocked to see it had shipped the same day.