Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] BIG YMMY - Rogers WinBack $80 10GB + $500 Credits + $0 Flagship

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2019 7:10 pm
Oct 14, 2012
331 posts
45 upvotes
WINDSOR
I was able to get this offer accepted 20% off monthly plan and $500 credit for 10 GB plan.
I'm currently on the 10 GB with Telus.

Is there anyway I can save the Telus plan for a family member and retain my current phone number currently tied to Telus before I move to Roger's?
Sep 9, 2007
181 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
I called last week and was told that they could not give me the $500 credit for the iPhone XS since they could no longer apply it towards any of the newer iPhones anymore.

However, I got a call back today from the same rep (he told me he kept my name on a sticky) and said that they were able to provide the credit today.

Got the iPhone XS 256GB for $359 ($859 - $500 credit) on the $80/mo 10GB deal.
Jul 8, 2018
75 posts
117 upvotes
josh2hot wrote: I was able to get this offer accepted 20% off monthly plan and $500 credit for 10 GB plan.
I'm currently on the 10 GB with Telus.

Is there anyway I can save the Telus plan for a family member and retain my current phone number currently tied to Telus before I move to Roger's?
what you could do to keep it is open a new line with telus (like whatever their cheapest plan is) just to get assigned a new number. Then call Telus and tell them you want to swap numbers between your lines (i.e. new line gets your number, 10 gb line gets random number.) Then just port your number to rogers and your family member to your telus plan you want to keep. this assumes your family member isn't already a telus customer in which case I think you could skip opening the new line although i'm not sure how it would work if you were not on the same account.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7778 posts
971 upvotes
sc89 wrote: I called last week and was told that they could not give me the $500 credit for the iPhone XS since they could no longer apply it towards any of the newer iPhones anymore.

However, I got a call back today from the same rep (he told me he kept my name on a sticky) and said that they were able to provide the credit today.

That's awesome. You may want to call in because the price for the Xs 256GB on premium+ tab went down to $729 today.
May 24, 2004
175 posts
26 upvotes
Are you signing month to month or contracts while waiting for these calls?
Nov 9, 2018
7 posts
1 upvote
sc89 wrote: I called last week and was told that they could not give me the $500 credit for the iPhone XS since they could no longer apply it towards any of the newer iPhones anymore.

Call back!! I just got this exact same deal today but because of Black Friday the phone prices have gone down.
Got the iPhone XS 256GB for $729 (price reduced because of BF) with the $500 credit on the $80/mo 10GB deal.
Came out to $729 (+ tax) minus the $500 credit. $323.77 up front & activation fee was waived. (credit is applied after tax according to rep)
Jan 3, 2008
158 posts
9 upvotes
Victoria
Is anyone able to get a better deal than the $80/month for the 10GB plan? That's not exactly a great deal. The savings on the phone does make up for it to some extent, but getting that monthly rate down to the $60-$65 range would certainly be a lot better.

Or... has anyone had any luck getting a corporate discount applied to this plan? I get 30% off share everything plans.
May 21, 2012
91 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
So i am hearing everyone get $500 credits but what tab does this apply to for the phone upgrade. It is $75 - 10GB plus 20%off and then a $500 credit a phone on a ultra tab?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3621 posts
2485 upvotes
Toronto
kurt16 wrote: Is anyone able to get a better deal than the $80/month for the 10GB plan? That's not exactly a great deal. The savings on the phone does make up for it to some extent, but getting that monthly rate down to the $60-$65 range would certainly be a lot better.

Or... has anyone had any luck getting a corporate discount applied to this plan? I get 30% off share everything plans.
Uhm with a iphone that is very good... the best market plan right now is $60 for 10GB with Koodo before a device, after even just a medium tab that brings you to $75 a month. And on a medium tab a new iPhone XS will be $980 upfront (+360 put onto the tab).

Thinking you will get $60-$65 a month for 10gb with a $0 flagship and $500 credit is dreaming.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Sep 9, 2007
181 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
lebronsoutline wrote: Call back!! I just got this exact same deal today but because of Black Friday the phone prices have gone down.
Got the iPhone XS 256GB for $729 (price reduced because of BF) with the $500 credit on the $80/mo 10GB deal.
Came out to $729 (+ tax) minus the $500 credit. $323.77 up front & activation fee was waived. (credit is applied after tax according to rep)
Thanks for letting me know. I called back and was told I have to talk to my original rep. They should be calling me back soon. Hopefully I can get the price adjusted.
Nov 20, 2006
307 posts
58 upvotes
GVR, BC
purespin wrote: Called the number in OP and left them a voicemail at lunch time. Received a call from a local number 778-xxx-xxxx this evening. I asked for iPhone XR but was told that there will be no credit for the new phones. Had to settle for this:

iPhone X (64GB) - $349, $500 credit for 10GB plan ($80-25%=$75) for 2 years
Received the phone & SIM on Nov 19 and activated right away. Today received an email saying that 25% off was applied to my monthly plan ($100). Logged into MyRogers and saw this:
Total balance $-593.60
Not sure why and can't check the bill yet. But it still shows $100/month.
Nov 21, 2005
171 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Got the same plan discussed.
2 lines....
Iphone xs 256gb for $229, $530 credit incl activation, $80/month for 10gb and canada wide call and unlmtd txt.

My plan is to sell the 2 new iphone xs 256gb for $1700 and put it towards my plan. As i currently have an iphone x 128gb.

After crunching the numbers, my monthly plan will be $33 after tax by doing this, compared to my existing public mobile plan of $45 after tax. Saving me about $290 over 2 years and giving me a 5gb data bump. On each line.

Once i get the phones im gonna call in again saying i have buyers remorse (like someone in this thread did) and see if theyll offer me a bigger phone for free. Lol
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2236 posts
470 upvotes
Gta
Jedi-- wrote: Got the same plan discussed.
2 lines....
Iphone xs 256gb for $229, $530 credit incl activation, $80/month for 10gb and canada wide call and unlmtd txt.

My plan is to sell the 2 new iphone xs 256gb for $1700 and put it towards my plan. As i currently have an iphone x 128gb.

After crunching the numbers, my monthly plan will be $33 after tax by doing this, compared to my existing public mobile plan of $45 after tax. Saving me about $290 over 2 years and giving me a 5gb data bump. On each line.

Once i get the phones im gonna call in again saying i have buyers remorse (like someone in this thread did) and see if theyll offer me a bigger phone for free. Lol
Let me know how you do...I’m going to try the same . Lol
Koodo member
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8358 posts
1113 upvotes
Got the winback offer. Seems they are pretty much out of the large space iPhones like 256 512 gigs on max, iPhone xr 256.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!