• Apr 16th, 2019 11:23 am
Nov 28, 2017
21 posts
23 upvotes
SenLuoo wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 11:44 am
good way to make money is.
device balance is 960 for iphone 8 +,
u get $500 credit, so if you cancel, you pay 960-500 = 460.
sell i8+ for 900, you get 900-460=440.
got approved for 8 lines, 8*440 = 3520.
Could someone please confirm if we can use the $500 winback credit to pay for the phone if we cancel the plane? Or it could only be used to pay for the bill, and not anything else?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2941 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
irnovo wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 12:49 pm
Could someone please confirm if we can use the $500 winback credit to pay for the phone if we cancel the plane? Or it could only be used to pay for the bill, and not anything else?
Yea you can, it's applied as a credit to the account so will just deduct off of the bill
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Dec 25, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Good luck selling the Iphone 8 for that much, purchased one for 600 BNIB two days ago. But does seem like a profitable way to go about it if you can.
Dec 14, 2008
125 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
specialoffers wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 2:32 pm
I am with virgin mobile $45 for 9 GB.... I am never giving up this plan for any deal lol.
same, Koodo 10GB for $60 + EPP (25% off) at $45.....all these holiday deals with crazy gift cards makes me want to bite, but can't give it up.
Dec 29, 2011
5 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Has anybody recently accepted the 5gb at $67.50 and $500 credit with an iPhone XS? What did you pay for the phone?

Winback called me today and offered iPhone X (not S) 64gb for $199. I need three devices so I'm thinking I could probably do better and go for XS's.
Aug 23, 2010
720 posts
122 upvotes
zerallamvuut wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 4:03 am
same, Koodo 10GB for $60 + EPP (25% off) at $45.....all these holiday deals with crazy gift cards makes me want to bite, but can't give it up.
I never thought to look and see if I might have access to an EPP with Koodo. I can get a 30% discount with Roger's through public sector. Where did your Koodo EPP come from if you don't mind me asking?
Dec 13, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
teamcritter wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 7:24 pm
Has anybody recently accepted the 5gb at $67.50 and $500 credit with an iPhone XS? What did you pay for the phone?

Winback called me today and offered iPhone X (not S) 64gb for $199. I need three devices so I'm thinking I could probably do better and go for XS's.
You don't have to pick the XS. You can get any phone and the price corresponds to the premium plus tab. See Rogers online for prices. any money not used on phone will go to bill credit
Dec 29, 2011
5 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Jscobez wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:46 am
You don't have to pick the XS. You can get any phone and the price corresponds to the premium plus tab. See Rogers online for prices. any money not used on phone will go to bill credit
Good to know, thanks. Didn't realize it was the Premium+ Tab pricing.
Dec 10, 2016
3 posts
Hey,

Long time reader, just thought I would share here so that I can offer some input. I had switched over to Bell on Boxing Day and ended up with the following plan (I totalled my plan price, device costs and then deducted the credits received):

Line 1
$88/Month
10 GBs
Unlimited Canada/USA call-text
iPhone Xs Max 256GB (Device Cost Factored In To The $88/Month)

Line 2
$88/Month
10 GBs
Unlimited Canada/USA call-text
iPhone Xs 64GB (Device Cost Factored In To The $88/Month)

I was contacted by Rogers Winback (Ambassador Team?) and now ported back in to Rogers for:

Line 1
$85/Month
11 GBs
Unlimited Canada Call-Text
Visual Voicemail
iPhone Xs Max 256GB (Device Cost Factored In To The $85/Month)

Line 2
$85/Month
11 GBs
Unlimited Canada Call-Text
iPhone Xs 64GB (Device Cost Factored In To The $85/Month)

In theory, I lost the Unlimited USA calling on both lines but gained an extra GB on each line, plus visual voicemail on one line while shaving off $3 each line by taking the winback offer.

The actual plan is:
Line 1
$100 Unlimited Calling/Texting
$7 Visual Voicemail
Iphone XS Max 256 GB $659
$500 Bill Credit
22 GBs Shared

Line 2
$63.75 Unlimited Calling/Texting
Iphone Xs 64 GB $299
$500 Bill Credit
(Sharing Data with First Line)

Good Luck!
May 4, 2014
1 posts
Vanier, ON
Did anyone have to pay taxes on the device on the first bill? Just wondering as this was not communicated to me during the offer.
Dec 13, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
moezika wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:27 am
Did anyone have to pay taxes on the device on the first bill? Just wondering as this was not communicated to me during the offer.
Yes taxes are applied on your bill
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1530 posts
267 upvotes
Got offered:

$80 with unlimited talk/text. 5GB Data

With 25% discount and 500 bill credits.

Comes out to $60 for the plan and a XS Max 256GB for 559 upfront after bill credits.

I think it's decent albeit the data is a bit low.
Oct 17, 2003
350 posts
23 upvotes
Etobicoke
I signed up about 1.5 weeks ago and still looking for 3gb from transferring from Freedom to be added to my account.

They tell me they will create a case but then they add US calling feature for $5 vs the 3gb. Has this happened to anyone else?
Jan 6, 2005
60 posts
3 upvotes
Hmmm
Curious how long it takes for Rogers to give you a call back with a winback promotion? It is in the first few days or the first week or two.

TIA
Dec 23, 2006
956 posts
112 upvotes
Oshawa
Didn't make a move during the holidays so I'm still sort of in the market on potentially shaving a few bucks off my monthly cell phone bill.

I'm currently on the 10GB premium plan from the holiday 2017 promotions playing $85+tax. I'm also paying the $10/mo or whatever for the device protection. I have my Note 8 that is now half paid off ($400 balance remaining), and it does have chipped glass in the upper corners on the back, but I believe the first replacement of the device protection is free so I could opt to do that for reselling purposes I suppose.

Don't think I have ever come close to even using 5GB of data in a month (only exception would be when the wifi would reach me outside when I was streaming Twitch during that solar eclipse). Prior to the move to Rogers in December 2017 I was on the Koodo SK/MB plan paying just shy of $56/mo. I'm paying about $110/mo now for the past year, so anything less than that would be a win. My mom works for Lakeridge Health so she qualifies for government plans - not sure if that would benefit me in anyway. My current line is on her account, but no discounts. Couldn't move it to my account as a TOR as the 10GB we are on isn't available anymore.

So not sure what my best move would be? I don't necessarily need a new device at this point in time. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I tend to just overthink this stuff and then never end up deciding and pulling the trigger, lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)