• Aug 2nd, 2020 5:55 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3899 posts
1217 upvotes

Rogers bundling package renegotiaton

So, my 25% promo is about to end for my Rogers bill...

I felt like I was pulling teeth... I have worked in service and relation and I understand their situation, given the current time, but still, they couldn't keep what I have now with the same price.

Maybe I should have started by pressing the "cancel" button first and not just "change my service" one...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 - 6gb, unlimited North American plan (roaming included)
4 replies
Jun 10, 2016
486 posts
366 upvotes
Brampton
went through this a few months ago with them. Usually I ask for a deal and get it without much push. last time, however, I literally had to ask and ask and ask (through different means - online chat, phone calls, facebook chat) and finally got a deal. I had been paying 125/month for premier tv package and internet and they initially said they couldn't give that to me for less than $200/month. after a number of attempts, ended up getting it for $100/month - even less than I had been paying! so as annoying as it is, its worth trying again (and again and again).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9083 posts
2977 upvotes
Mississauga
Call again closer to your renewal date, and hope to get a personnel not located in Toronto. The first call I made was about a month out from my renewal date. The salesperson was being difficult and tried to convince me that there was nothing they can do. The second call was about a few days from my renewal and I lucked out in speaking with someone from a smaller town.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16887 posts
14487 upvotes
GTA, ON
CrazyJo82 wrote: So, my 25% promo is about to end for my Rogers bill...

I felt like I was pulling teeth... I have worked in service and relation and I understand their situation, given the current time, but still, they couldn't keep what I have now with the same price.

Maybe I should have started by pressing the "cancel" button first and not just "change my service" one...
BIG MASSIVE THREAD over in ON-GOING DEALS subforum. Almost 2800 pages.

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Have fun.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!