[Rogers] BYOD Non Share 8GB (5+3) Infinite Plan $60 - Retention Plan YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2019 8:07 am
[OP]
Aug 18, 2019
8 posts
8 upvotes

[Rogers] BYOD Non Share 8GB (5+3) Infinite Plan $60 - Retention Plan YMMV

I called into Rogers yesterday and was offered an infinite plan of 5GB with an extra 3GB. The image is not showing the 3GB specifically but I called in to confirm this was the case.

Comes with the typical unlimited Canada wide text and calling and voicemail. Thought this was cool as I did not realize they offered any infinite plans less than $75.00/10GB.
Images
  • 1000x581_smart_fit.jpg
  • 1000x581_smart_fit.jpg
Last edited by KGraps on Sep 5th, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
31 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2492 posts
460 upvotes
Ottawa
Can corp discount apply to this? Or is this basically same price w corp discount
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
511 upvotes
$60 for 10 GB. Oh well, at least you get customer service by calling in.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1127 posts
201 upvotes
Mississauga
Does Rogers have any non-infinite plans anymore? Share everything and all that?
I can't see any on their site.
Sep 7, 2012
17 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I've never been with anyone but Rogers but I've decided to leave. Is there a particular department one would get in touch with at bell when leaving Rogers? I'm wondering how to go about getting the best deal. I have three cell lines and home cable and internet as well and am taking it all to bell. The Costco mobility deals seem good but since I'm taking everything I figure I should deal directly with bell.

Thanks
Oct 20, 2010
191 posts
243 upvotes
The only reason why this should be in the “Hot Deals” section is if they throw in an iPhone XR or an S10+ otherwise it’s arctic cold.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2019
8 posts
8 upvotes
shylok wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 4:50 pm
Can corp discount apply to this? Or is this basically same price w corp discount
No they were not able to apply this. I asked and this was the best available deal they had. Other than this they mentioned a 5GB + 2 for 65$ (not sure why its 1gb less and 5$ more)
stevev1 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 5:48 pm
I've never been with anyone but Rogers but I've decided to leave. Is there a particular department one would get in touch with at bell when leaving Rogers? I'm wondering how to go about getting the best deal. I have three cell lines and home cable and internet as well and am taking it all to bell. The Costco mobility deals seem good but since I'm taking everything I figure I should deal directly with bell.

Thanks
I actually just called into the regular customer service line, wasn't even redirected into retention or anything. So I was surprised that they offered this.
Temp. Banned
Apr 18, 2019
244 posts
547 upvotes
Montreal
This is the biggest **** you Rogers can give and y'all still falling for it.

In 2017 I got the 7gb Unlimited talk texts etc for 43.2$ plus taxes (no contract) as I had a phone. There was the s7 edge (blue/gold~rare) or g5 at 53.20$ for 2 years.

Haven't changed a thing since.

Edit: it was a back to school promo...which I had gotten that s7 though
Last edited by Leshaundon on Sep 5th, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1567 posts
510 upvotes
Montreal, QC
apoorv wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 5:25 pm
Does Rogers have any non-infinite plans anymore? Share everything and all that?
I can't see any on their site.
they do not offer share everything anymore. it's been replaced with infinite

good thing i didn't jump on infinite as i'm happy with my byod share everything
Apr 7, 2015
472 posts
310 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Leshaundon wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 6:20 pm

In 2017 I got the 7gb Unlimited talk texts etc for 43.2$ plus taxes (no contract) as I had a phone. There was the s7 edge (blue/gold~rare) or g5 at 53.20$ for 2 years.

I think you missed the part where this plan has unlimited data, albeit slowed down. Constantly downloading you can only download about 600gb/month on this plan.
Mar 30, 2007
286 posts
17 upvotes
Leshaundon wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 6:20 pm

You are citing a 2 year old deal that is pretty average and no longer even available, to a plan with unlimited internet.

OP’s deal is notable because it’s (I think) the first infinite retention plan we are hearing about.

Btw. I have been on infinite for a few weeks now and it’s awesome.
∙ Quarter Chicken Dinner ∙ White Meat ∙ Fries ∙ Extra Sauce
Mar 30, 2007
286 posts
17 upvotes
AncientWords wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 9:42 pm
I think you missed the part where this plan has unlimited data, albeit slowed down. Constantly downloading you can only download about 600gb/month on this plan.
*Only* 600gb Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 21, 2017
569 posts
294 upvotes
Surrey BC
sumtimw0ng wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 6:23 pm
they do not offer share everything anymore. it's been replaced with infinite

good thing i didn't jump on infinite as i'm happy with my byod share everything
canadianguy_001 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 9:59 pm
You are citing a 2 year old deal that is pretty average and no longer even available, to a plan with unlimited internet.

OP’s deal is notable because it’s (I think) the first infinite retention plan we are hearing about.

Btw. I have been on infinite for a few weeks now and it’s awesome.
What's infinite plan? Is that the one for 75$ first 10 gb then it's unlimited throttled speed.
Mar 30, 2007
286 posts
17 upvotes
flipper316 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 10:08 pm
What's infinite plan? Is that the one for 75$ first 10 gb then it's unlimited throttled speed.
Yea. Actually its cheaper in some provinces like Quebec (60$ for 15gb). But yes in Ontario for example $75 is the base level @ 10gb max speed.

So the retention deal of 5+3gb infinite seems decent if you don’t need to share data. The regular infinite plans do offer sharing.