Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] *BYOD* Rogers $50/15GB - Unlimited Talk/Text Canadawide - YMMV (win-back)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2020 1:44 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2009
17034 posts
3531 upvotes
Toronto

[Rogers] *BYOD* Rogers $50/15GB - Unlimited Talk/Text Canadawide - YMMV (win-back)

I know there's a similar thread for Fido, but I unintentionally found out Rogers is offering pretty much exactly the same.

Before the downvotes start from the people who don't understand what a win-back offer is: It's only for those who have cancelled with Rogers. You cannot get it as a new customer, and very likely cannot get it as a current customer.

Cancelled the Plan on the 26th. No porting, just simply a cancellation, I did make it clear at the time of the cancellation I was cancelling because of the Freedom $45 for 10gb deal.

Next day on the 27th got the below email with subject "[Name] We miss you"

Called the number on the email and received the following:
Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 4.13.11 PM.png
Email received is as below:

<Edit: Deleted as this number was taken down by Rogers> - New procedure is to get it through Loyalty/Retentions or actually cancel and have them call you.
Last edited by deal_with_singh on Jan 17th, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Thread Summary
Steps to get this deal:
1. If you are on a corporate / EPP plans, change to a customer regular plan with Rogers for a few days. It will only cost a few extra dollars.
2. Port out to another company (not fido or chatR), which will cancel your existing service with Rogers.
3 Wait a day till you get an email from Rogers asking you to call 1-866-835-6498 so they can offer you a win back plan.
4. Call in and ask for the $50/15gb plan.

Points to keep in mind:
-This is YMMV as the offer could be targeted based on customer location and can end at anytime.
-Once you cancel your service and don’t get this offer you’re SOL so might be a good idea to have a backup plan just in case like OP did with the Freedom mobile plan.
-Check your junk mail if you didn’t get the email within a day or two.
1410 replies
[OP]
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2009
17034 posts
3531 upvotes
Toronto
I'm receiving quite a few PM's asking for details: If you guys are using the mobile website, maybe the pictures aren't showing, all details including plan and number are there as pictures.
Sep 21, 2019
92 posts
226 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: I'm receiving quite a few PM's asking for details: If you guys are using the mobile website, maybe the pictures aren't showing, all details including plan and number are there as pictures.
Cheers sorry didn't see the second image 👍🏽
Apr 15, 2012
187 posts
230 upvotes
I can confirm this is available for the past Rogers customers. I am being offered the same for 2 lines = $100 for 2 lines with everything unlimited and $15gb per line. They're calling me about it since past month still on the verge to get it or not since I don't like their network performance in general.
Mar 14, 2003
667 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
For people that were able to get this deal, how long ago did you leave Rogers?

I left Rogers years ago
[OP]
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2009
17034 posts
3531 upvotes
Toronto
Left on the 26th, got the email on the 27th.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3925 posts
1563 upvotes
Quebec
called this afternoon to the official number and the csr could not give me the deal. i left roger at the end of jan this year.

Andy09 wrote: 1833 892 3338
whats that phone number? doesnt look like the one on op pic.

edit: just call back at the op number and left a msg on the voicemail with my details. hopefully they will call me back.
Last edited by HyperTech on Dec 28th, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 2, 2016
60 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
going to try and PM with Fido, as I currently pay 60 a month before tax
Mar 11, 2011
103 posts
30 upvotes
Surrey
Is this strictly BYOD or can you add a phone? $50/15GB is nice but I wouldn't mind paying $60 or even $65 if I got a decent hardware discount and 24 month credit.
Mar 14, 2017
136 posts
122 upvotes
Anyone with a rogers plan who has not left succeeded in trying to get this for being a loyal customer?
Jun 27, 2018
102 posts
85 upvotes
YVR
great offer, OP. So, if u cancel (not port out), do we lose our current phone number and get a new one?
Sep 27, 2015
54 posts
68 upvotes
I just tried and the guy had no idea what I was talking about... oh well
Mar 11, 2011
103 posts
30 upvotes
Surrey
KevinK90588 wrote: great offer, OP. So, if u cancel (not port out), do we lose our current phone number and get a new one?
If you cancel and not port out as a general rule you lose your number. However, once you cancel your line the number isn't immediately lost and available to the general public. The phone number goes into aging for a few months and it's usually available should you decide to restore your service. The safest way is to port out to a prepaid service because it immediately cancels your service and in guarantees you retain your number to use on any provider you choose.
Last edited by truck240 on Dec 28th, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.