Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

*BYOD* Rogers $50/15GB - Unlimited Talk/Text Canadawide - YMMV (win-back)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2021 8:02 pm
Feb 5, 2020
147 posts
70 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: I have visual voicemail and im not paying anything
How does it show on your bill? I am trying to get visual voicemail for free for a family member, but Rogers is insisting it's not a thing with them.
I am with Telus and it shows as "L&R Voicemail Visual" and costs $0, if anyone is wondering.
Sep 18, 2020
28 posts
7 upvotes
lnsincos wrote: How does it show on your bill? I am trying to get visual voicemail for free for a family member, but Rogers is insisting it's not a thing with them.
I am with Telus and it shows as "L&R Voicemail Visual" and costs $0, if anyone is wondering.
I used to have it for $0 as well and it showed as Visual Voicemail $0 under add-ons until recently when I did a hardware upgrade, Rogers took out my visual voicemail without notice given. I got so extremely upset that I raged and had a scrimmage with two of the business supports. In the end, they insisted that the feature for $0 couldn't be added to my account which I believe it's a bluff.
Mar 9, 2006
360 posts
52 upvotes
I cancelled my Rogers phone plan in August 2019 - am I still eligible for these offers if I called the win back team or is it only applicable if you have left a shorter period of time? Also for those who have not gotten an email from the win back team - you are calling in either way and letting them know that you received a call from them and now just returning their call to see what offers they have for you?
May 9, 2013
196 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
I just port out from Rogers to Virgin today, but I took a phone from Virgin (TMS). Have anyone had experience with returning phone back to Virgin? (In case Roger offer me some good win back plan) Am I just going to return the phone back to virgin (TMS) assume once Rogers port out the number everything will be cancelled on Virgin?
Jul 22, 2006
807 posts
1676 upvotes
Here's my strange experience with Rogers. I've been trying to get extra data for a long time but without success. My contract is up and I'm looking to get a new phone. My initial phone call they offered me $55.25 for 20 GB or I could choose a retention plan for $45 per month for 5 GB plus 5 GB bonus and I could finance a Samsung S20 FE for $15 per month (not upfront edge). I decided to think on it.

Fast forward to today. Same offers on tap but the $45 per month plan doesn't come with 5G so I'm debating whether to get a new phone. I changed my plan to the $45 per month plan (saving $3 over my 8 GB plan). I go online to see the changes and it shows I now have a 25 GB plan for $45. Strange but true as I didn't even ask for 25 GB. I don't really care about 5G as I don't see a need for faster speeds for what I do.

I guess the question I have is do I buy the S20 FE even though I don't have a 5G plan? My cost for it will be $360 ($403.20) with tax. Do i take advantage of this pricing or wait until boxing day for possible better pricing?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1951 posts
388 upvotes
ported out September for Telus $45/25gb unlimited plan. Today got a call from Rogers 1(888)764-3771. was offer me $45/25gb but not unlimited plan not 5g. also $300 device credit if need new phone. so I told him that is not a good offer to bring me back. so i said will call them back if I decided to take the offer. than I said I need a talk and text plan for my kid he offered me a unlimited talk and text for $20 with one time $60 bill credit to make the plan $15 for one year. second year I have to call back to get the credit apply. i accepted the offer. now wait for sim card ship.
5 lines Telus Unlimited 75 CAN-US $30/line, 3 x tablet lines $0. 4 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Nov 7, 2017
256 posts
158 upvotes
Does it matter which and whos number u port into the rogers winback offers. I got a 25gb 45 from rogers, but want to give to a family friend
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1951 posts
388 upvotes
Uzairm87 wrote: Does it matter which and whos number u port into the rogers winback offers. I got a 25gb 45 from rogers, but want to give to a family friend
I'm not sure. Because i stay with Telus $40/25GB unlimited 5G plan.
5 lines Telus Unlimited 75 CAN-US $30/line, 3 x tablet lines $0. 4 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Jun 24, 2019
223 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
Uzairm87 wrote: Does it matter which and whos number u port into the rogers winback offers. I got a 25gb 45 from rogers, but want to give to a family friend
You can port in any number you want. After you accept the win-back offer, you're assigned a new number. Do you trust that family friend? If so, then you can let them use your account for 60 days. That's how long you'll have to wait until you can do what's called a Transfer of Responsibility. It gives them true ownership of the account so everything will be in their name. During the 60 days, they can change the call display name to theirs.
Dec 18, 2012
57 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
I posted this in another thread.... and I'm going to post it here.

I'm the ultimate flip flopper. Call me crazy I know.

So.... to recap. I was with Rogers for $50/15GB not unlimited.

Left them to go to Telus for $75/20GB Unlimited data.... on purpose so the winback team would call me.

Got the Winback team and went back to Rogers for $50/20GB not unlimited data.

Left Rogers and went back to Telus for and EPP program of $50/20GB unlimited data...... and I actually was enjoying everything. The service, the app, the 5G speeds....the LTE speeds. I'm in Scarborough.....and then Rogers winback called me.

Left Telus and went back to Rogers for $45/25GB not unlimited data. I figured a lower phone bill would be better and I will never hit 25 GB......

I SHOULD BE HAPPY RIGHT?

Keep in mind, I bought my iPhone 12 Pro Max right from Apple.... and one of the reasons for buying the phone was to be able to use 5G.

With Telus, the phone would switch automatically between 5G and LTE. The speeds were fantastic via the Speed Test app.

So with the Rogers $45/25GB... I noticed.... hmmm... Why is it that I never see my phone flip over to 5G? Is there something wrong with my phone? Why are my speeds never super high? I kept checking my settings wondering if something was wrong with my hardware.

Only to find out..... ROGERS 5G IS ONLY FOR PLANS THAT HAVE UNLIMITED DATA. My talk and text $45/25GB capped data plan does not qualify. My phone would never go on 5G with this plan.

I'm unsure if Telus capped data plans are the same way.

So I flipped back to Telus and luckily they were able to retrieve my EPP plan on my account (it had been less than 90 days since I left) and I was able to port back to them.

Called a Telus store.... they emailed me a new electronic sim... put it in my phone.... and back to super speed phone.

If 5G is important to you... make sure your plan allows you to hop on that band.
May 14, 2017
168 posts
59 upvotes
u2brothr wrote: I posted this in another thread.... and I'm going to post it here.

I'm the ultimate flip flopper. Call me crazy I know.

So.... to recap. I was with Rogers for $50/15GB not unlimited.

Left them to go to Telus for $75/20GB Unlimited data.... on purpose so the winback team would call me.

Got the Winback team and went back to Rogers for $50/20GB not unlimited data.

Left Rogers and went back to Telus for and EPP program of $50/20GB unlimited data...... and I actually was enjoying everything. The service, the app, the 5G speeds....the LTE speeds. I'm in Scarborough.....and then Rogers winback called me.

Left Telus and went back to Rogers for $45/25GB not unlimited data. I figured a lower phone bill would be better and I will never hit 25 GB......

I SHOULD BE HAPPY RIGHT?

Keep in mind, I bought my iPhone 12 Pro Max right from Apple.... and one of the reasons for buying the phone was to be able to use 5G.

With Telus, the phone would switch automatically between 5G and LTE. The speeds were fantastic via the Speed Test app.

So with the Rogers $45/25GB... I noticed.... hmmm... Why is it that I never see my phone flip over to 5G? Is there something wrong with my phone? Why are my speeds never super high? I kept checking my settings wondering if something was wrong with my hardware.

Only to find out..... ROGERS 5G IS ONLY FOR PLANS THAT HAVE UNLIMITED DATA. My talk and text $45/25GB capped data plan does not qualify. My phone would never go on 5G with this plan.

I'm unsure if Telus capped data plans are the same way.

So I flipped back to Telus and luckily they were able to retrieve my EPP plan on my account (it had been less than 90 days since I left) and I was able to port back to them.

Called a Telus store.... they emailed me a new electronic sim... put it in my phone.... and back to super speed phone.

If 5G is important to you... make sure your plan allows you to hop on that band.
ya Rogers winback is known for not including 5G even tho winback rep says so.
but out of curiosity, what do you use that needs to be run in 5G other than LTE.
LTE on rogers can go up to 200mbps which is faster than my Shaw 150.
So with 5G, you are supposed to get 10X speed (more like 5x in reality), but do you even notice a difference?
Unless you are watching 4K/high def video, or downloading massive things?
Jul 14, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
Win back called me!
Switched to Shaw $45 - 25GB + 2gb nationwide. Got the call back from rogers today. 25gb for $45 less 20% for 2 years plus a $300 phone credit but had to agree to buy today. Also moved over 2 other phones at the same pricing.

It has been 2 months since I switch but I have been getting calls for a couple weeks but every time I answered I was disconnected. Rogers was defiantly a superior phone network as I had lots of dropped calls with shaw as well as people have had trouble hearing me. I had other troubles with text messages not going through and so on, so happy to be back at a cheaper price. That all said, I would flip back to Shaw in 2 years if the pricing is still lower I was with Rogers since 1996 (Cantel back then)
Mar 23, 2021
1 posts
I switched to Koodo from Rogers about a month ago but I never got a call back. My sister was with Fido and she switched to Koodo at the same time that I did but she got a winback call from Fido a few days after. I thought Rogers was busy so I just waited.

My friend switched to Koodo from Rogers about a month after me and she got a winback call from Rogers a few days after. They kept calling her and I was so confused why they weren't calling me even though I switched a month before she did. She told Rogers to give me a call and they were like sure we're interested! My friend gave Rogers my number and they looked me up but then they told her I wasn't eligible. I have nooo idea why this could be?

Does anyone know why you wouldn't be eligible for a winback call? I posted all the details above, don't think I missed anything important. Honestly annoyed with the Koodo service, would love a winback call lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)