Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] *BYOD* Rogers $50/15GB - Unlimited Talk/Text Canadawide - YMMV (win-back)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 7:30 pm
Jul 19, 2016
314 posts
133 upvotes
Ontario
sgdnfan wrote: Anyone know if this plan is 5G ready? (Curious mostly for the upcoming iPhone 12 lineup)
No 5G on this plan since it's not an infinite plan.
Jul 1, 2019
77 posts
24 upvotes
Even if it was. The infrastructure is not really built out yet so the benefit would de minimis.
sunstar1980 wrote: No 5G on this plan since it's not an infinite plan.
Jul 19, 2016
314 posts
133 upvotes
Ontario
batmanrocks wrote: Even if it was. The infrastructure is not really built out yet so the benefit would de minimis.
Ummm..... I was only helping @sgdnfan with his question. lol.... wasn't an ad for 5G :)
Aug 31, 2004
158 posts
205 upvotes
sunstar1980 wrote: Ummm..... I was only helping @sgdnfan with his question. lol.... wasn't an ad for 5G :)
Haha. Thanks for the info. I got the 12 Pro today and it doesn’t seem like I have 5G using this plan. Ah well. Not worth changing but may contact support to see if there is any provisioning that can be done.
Aug 31, 2004
158 posts
205 upvotes
sgdnfan wrote: Haha. Thanks for the info. I got the 12 Pro today and it doesn’t seem like I have 5G using this plan. Ah well. Not worth changing but may contact support to see if there is any provisioning that can be done.
Confirmed through chat — not eligible. Only Infinite plans at this point. Perhaps that will change later...
Jul 1, 2019
77 posts
24 upvotes
Also bear in mind that the Canadian version doesn't come with 5mm wave band. But the reality is that by the time it matters you'll probably be getting a new phone anyways. I think Apple is way overhyping 5G and it will take years for you to experience meaningful improvement.
sgdnfan wrote: Confirmed through chat — not eligible. Only Infinite plans at this point. Perhaps that will change later...
Oct 29, 2020
1 posts
Has anyone gotten the$40x2 activation fee credited?

So far I only got one $40 credited for the tablet, 3bills already.
Jul 19, 2016
314 posts
133 upvotes
Ontario
UWOD2020 wrote: Ummm...he was also helping @sgdnfan with his question by adding onto yours...calm down
I was simply answering the part where @sgdnfan asked "Anyone know if this plan is 5G ready? (Curious mostly for the upcoming iPhone 12 lineup)"
So I just confirmed that this plan does not give access to 5G. There was no question about the infrastructure of Rogers 5G....................Maybe a different perspective to the question I missed here?
Mar 12, 2016
746 posts
974 upvotes
sunstar1980 wrote: I was simply answering the part where @sgdnfan asked "Anyone know if this plan is 5G ready? (Curious mostly for the upcoming iPhone 12 lineup)"
So I just confirmed that this plan does not give access to 5G. There was no question about the infrastructure of Rogers 5G....................Maybe a different perspective to the question I missed here?
Not sure if you are being sarcastic. He added onto your answer to "Anyone know if this plan is 5G ready?", and the reasonable assumption for the basis of that question is that 5g would be beneficial, and so he helped answer that directly by saying even if it was ready, it wouldnt be useful. Yet you replied to his answer saying "wasnt an ad for 5g" like he implied you were advertising for 5g, when in reality he didn't imply that at all and was just adding to your answer, so it comes off as you are overreacting
Last edited by UWOD2020 on Nov 2nd, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 19, 2016
314 posts
133 upvotes
Ontario
UWOD2020 wrote: Not sure if you are trolling. He added onto your answer, it didn't matter that the original question didn't ask that, because the basis of the question is the assumption that 5g would be beneficial, and so he helped answer that directly. At the same time, you had no need to even reply to his answer saying "wasnt an ad for 5g" like someone was implying it was.
Definitely got no time to troll.
Wasn't the question about, if this winback plan includes 5G or not?
Please enlighten me if not?
Mar 12, 2016
746 posts
974 upvotes
sunstar1980 wrote: Definitely got no time to troll.
Wasn't the question about, if this winback plan includes 5G or not?
Please enlighten me if not?
I see, so you really don't understand this at all. It's okay
Jul 19, 2016
314 posts
133 upvotes
Ontario
UWOD2020 wrote: Not sure if you are being sarcastic. He added onto your answer to "Anyone know if this plan is 5G ready?", and the reasonable assumption for the basis of that question is that 5g would be beneficial, and so he helped answer that directly by saying even if it was ready, it wouldnt be useful. Yet you replied to his answer saying "wasnt an ad for 5g" like he implied you were advertising for 5g, when in reality he didn't imply that at all and was just adding to your answer, so it comes off as you are overreacting
Lol..... "reasonable assumption" = vague at best?
My "reasonable assumption" was simply if 5G is included or not included in this winback deal? If it was about how beneficial 5G is in Canada, wouldn't that be under the discussion forums? Maybe, my response came out a bit strong for some people's feelings....... who lacks a bit of humour :)
Jul 19, 2016
314 posts
133 upvotes
Ontario
UWOD2020 wrote: I see, so you really don't understand this at all. It's okay
Funny thing..... you felt so offended by it, thankfully @batmanrocks got the humour since it was meant for him.
Hope you have a nice day @UWOD2020 :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

cleacy1972