Hot Deals

[Rogers] *BYOD* Rogers $50/15GB - Unlimited Talk/Text Canadawide - YMMV (win-back)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2020 4:42 am
Jul 8, 2019
83 posts
56 upvotes
DesiITGuru wrote: I got a call but it’s been 10 days never got the sim card :(:(
Go to a Rogers store and pick one up. Once my account was activated that’s what I did. Log into my Rogers to see if account is activated. If you don’t know call them and they can check. You might need that temporary number.
Jul 8, 2019
83 posts
56 upvotes
yycsage wrote: Been trying to get this deal for a week or so as an existing customer to no avail. Yes I know its a winback deal so prob not possible. But it opened the door to see what is available for me, I eventually agreed to an offer however when the rep went to make the changes the system didn’t allow the change for some reason. Was told I was SOL basically as there nothing else he could do or offer. Well that didnt sit well with me. So up the chain i went, first to a senior rep then to a management team rep and finally to a rep at the office of the president. Got a call from the rep from the office of the president 3 days later and have to say he was awesome. Listened to my story and basically wanted to make things right. I feel luke warm about the offer only because I forgot to inquire about their trade in program, my 8plus is worth 350-375ish. I would gladly churn that into an 11 promax. So what I was offered and agreed to was:

Iphone 11 128gb for $141.75 all in (350-150-65) not an upfront deal so I keep the device after the term.
Talk and text w/ 4+4 gb Edge 30 for $95 monthly with a %25 discount = $75.27 monthly all in.
~$79 current tab owing waived
$150 device upgrade credit
$65 online order credit
$35 activation fee waived

Still going to see about the trade in and would be willing to pay a bit more for an 11 promax stay tuned...not done dealing yet.
It is possible. I got it for 2 friends but fought tooth and nail.
Aug 5, 2007
166 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
If I sign up to rogers as a new customer, how long do I wait before I port out to 'encourage' them to call me back lol
Apr 17, 2014
20 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
I3arcode wrote: It is possible. I got it for 2 friends but fought tooth and nail.
Do share how did u pulled that off. My wife is with telus with a 10gb/$70 plan. Id like to get this deal for her as a new customer.
Dec 28, 2019
785 posts
505 upvotes
yycsage wrote: Do share how did u pulled that off. My wife is with telus with a 10gb/$70 plan. Id like to get this deal for her as a new customer.
You should have told them you were porting 2 lines. Just like that, done!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2436 posts
487 upvotes
Ontario
u2brothr wrote: I’m so pumped!!!
I'm in the process of getting over to Telus and then hopefully getting the win back call.
So insane, we gotta play these games to get a half descent deal.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Oct 16, 2005
941 posts
483 upvotes
CouponKindaGuy wrote: I'm in the process of getting over to Telus and then hopefully getting the win back call.
So insane, we gotta play these games to get a half descent deal.
Same, I need to go to a store to pick up a sim because if I order online, they start charging me today, even though the sim doesn't come until Monday or Tuesday. I also was able to get an EPP plan for BYOD.
Jun 13, 2008
537 posts
221 upvotes
Got my SIM going, tried live chat, no go for getting activation fees waived.

Any one been able to get Visual Voicemail Added for $0 on this plan?
It is $7 to add it.
"The Real RFD'ers would avoid sweating in order to retain moisture in the body so they do not need to purchase water."
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16806 posts
3206 upvotes
Toronto
5abi_boy wrote: Got my SIM going, tried live chat, no go for getting activation fees waived.

Any one been able to get Visual Voicemail Added for $0 on this plan?
It is $7 to add it.
I have visual voicemail and im not paying anything
Real Estate Agent, CPA, CA
Jul 8, 2019
83 posts
56 upvotes
yycsage wrote: Do share how did u pulled that off. My wife is with telus with a 10gb/$70 plan. Id like to get this deal for her as a new customer.

I’ve actually shared it a few times earlier in this thread. The first friend I did it through retentions. I got pretty lucky on that.

So I got the deal myself by calling the win back number when it was still working. Yes I did leave Rogers around sept last year? Maybe oct.

Anyway, took a few days of calling to get through for myself.

So back to my friend, I called retention, with him we spoke to Rogers and he is with another provider who had Rogers LOOOONNNGG ago. Retention originally said he can’t do it, but after looking at my account he got the internal plan code (whatever it is) opened a new account for my friend and tada, he got it. My friend actually called a few times and had no luck. I guess my luck rubbed off on him cause when we card together the first call got it.

The second friend... he gave me authorization to his account, so I can make changes. Went to retention and further up. After tooth and nail about arguing, change his plan to this deal as well. 2nd friend was actually an existing customer. Reason I gave them? My friend has been with Rogers for many years, why put the customer through horrible customer experience to have them leave and come back? I told them it’s harder to get someone back after they are gone. Unless you are offering the best, which at the moment is true, but bell and Telus will likely catch on. Had to escalate pretty high and some other info I can’t share.

Oh yeah, I have 2 lines in this plan so I managed to get a total of 4 lines with my 2 friend accounts to this line. I think I am at my limit

Hope the best for you guys.
Last edited by I3arcode on Jan 17th, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 13, 2008
537 posts
221 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: I have visual voicemail and im not paying anything
Sent you a PM.
"The Real RFD'ers would avoid sweating in order to retain moisture in the body so they do not need to purchase water."
Dec 18, 2012
32 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
So I contacted Telus and told them I was just offered this winback deal....

And was asking if they could match it.

They were speechless...

And then they said:

nope.....
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16806 posts
3206 upvotes
Toronto
I3arcode wrote: You’re lucky, I want that lol, but not worth paying for.
5abi_boy wrote: Sent you a PM.
There's nothing on my Rogers account showing Visual voicemail, however it was there before the plan was changed, and it continues to work after it changes
Real Estate Agent, CPA, CA

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

AwakeForever