Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] *BYOD* Rogers $50/15GB - Unlimited Talk/Text Canadawide - YMMV (win-back)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2021 8:02 pm
May 17, 2017
137 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Can I still get this after porting out to Telus after like half a year?
Jan 5, 2014
25 posts
25 upvotes
Tried call the 1-833 number twice and no luck. I was last with Rogers in 2016. Any tips?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2198 posts
816 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
How you guys get 15GB for $50?

I been with Rogers for 18 years now and today I only got offered $70 for 15GB with all the unlimited voice/text/vm. I'm guessing my offer sucks...

Only have 1 line.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2475 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote: How you guys get 15GB for $50?

I been with Rogers for 18 years now and today I only got offered $70 for 15GB with all the unlimited voice/text/vm. I'm guessing my offer sucks...

Only have 1 line.
Did you even read the first post of the thread?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2198 posts
816 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
vivibaby wrote: Did you even read the first post of the thread?
No I don't read posts from 96 pages ago when the information is obviously out of date. Do you even know how long ago 96 pages of posts was?
Nov 2, 2016
13 posts
93 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote: No I don't read posts from 96 pages ago when the information is obviously out of date. Do you even know how long ago 96 pages of posts was?
Did you even read the title of the subforum you're on?
Aug 15, 2020
8 posts
3 upvotes
I'm with Rogers and spoke with a rep on the phone, and then through FB Messenger (which I never had thought to do before reading it on here), and neither would give me the deal, essentially saying that if Bell gave me such a deal, they would argue that Rogers has 'better coverage'. I had to cut the poor guy off and inform him that I'm in Toronto so that rhetoric is not going to fly. At least he laughed. On principle, I think it's a bit laughable that 'loyalty' is always pushed but really, the better deals are given to those who are not loyal to the brand and have jumped ship (not to say that I would do any different, but moreso a criticism of Rogers and big companies themselves). Guess I'm going to try to get the deal at Bell, etc. and put my money where my mouth is.
Jul 23, 2014
23 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yamanote wrote: Did you even read the title of the subforum you're on?
Can you tell us with confidence who wrote the title of this thread and, more importantly, when was it written? Cuz I cannot seem to find out myself. Thank you.
Nov 24, 2006
785 posts
183 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote: How you guys get 15GB for $50?

Only have 1 line.
The steps are listed in the very first page under the thread summary section right underneath OP's original post.

The thread summary can be updated by anyone any time, and was last updated in March 2020. As far as most contributors here know, the steps haven't changed. Feel free to contribute though if you find out otherwise.

But if you go to any winback thread, the steps are all the same for every provider. Port out to a competing provider, wait for winback call. That's been consistent since day 1 of all these winback deals.
Jul 23, 2014
23 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kuri wrote: The steps are listed in the very first page under the thread summary section right underneath OP's original post.

The thread summary can be updated by anyone any time, and was last updated in March 2020. As far as most contributors here know, the steps haven't changed. Feel free to contribute though if you find out otherwise.

But if you go to any winback thread, the steps are all the same for every provider. Port out to a competing provider, wait for winback call. That's been consistent since day 1 of all these winback deals.
Thanks!
Dec 7, 2003
33 posts
15 upvotes
FYI, Google auto spam blocked the call from the win-back team (1-833-892-3338), so be sure to check your call logs and call them back if that's the case. I got a call 2 business days after porting my number.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1463 posts
441 upvotes
Vancouver
I need to get out of my Fido shit account... currently paying $50 for 10gb.. any ideas ?
Jul 19, 2016
362 posts
216 upvotes
Ontario
Left on Tuesday evening to Koodo since they had a good deal for $50/m with 9GB.
Got a call this morning from Rogers offering me the $50/m for 15GB along with a free ZTE tablet and 2gb data to use for 24 months.
Took the deal.
Just have to remember to cancel the 2gb data after 24 months, or else it will charge me $10/m for it.

Didn't need a phone since I am happy with my iPhone XS, but the prices on the phone wasn't attractive and I didn't want to lock myself into a 24 month term.
But yes, they did offer a $300 bill credit if I got a new phone.

Thanks OP.
Just hate that we have to go through all this just to get this plan. Tried numerous times through their CS and retentions before, but they just couldn't give it.
Oct 25, 2011
22 posts
15 upvotes
WINDSOR
Just got the deal this morning.

Ported to Koodo on Tuesday afternoon for the $50 4 + 5gb promo. Was an existing Rogers customer on a Winback promo from August 2018. I didn't get any emails, just a call this morning and the $50 15gb plan was offered.

As far as devices go, this is what was presented to me. I'm sure there are others but I was interested in the iPhone 11:
  • ZTE tablet for 24 months for free (after bill credits)
  • iPhone XS - 19.99/mo + $300 bill credit
  • iPhone 11 - 19.99/mo (upfront edge, 190 + tax at end of term) OR $27.91/mo ($41.45/mo, but they give a device credit monthly) + $300 bill credit (works out to around $15.41/mo)
  • iPhone XR - 19.99/mo + $300 bill credit

I went with the $50 plan + iPhone 11 64GB (not upfront edge). Approximately $75/mo (give or take) for 2 years. Activation fees are credited on first or second bill.

Great deal IMO.
Jul 19, 2016
362 posts
216 upvotes
Ontario
noXpression wrote: Just got the deal this morning.

Ported to Koodo on Tuesday afternoon for the $50 4 + 5gb promo. Was an existing Rogers customer on a Winback promo from August 2018. I didn't get any emails, just a call this morning and the $50 15gb plan was offered.

As far as devices go, this is what was presented to me. I'm sure there are others but I was interested in the iPhone 11:
  • ZTE tablet for 24 months for free (after bill credits)
  • iPhone XS - 19.99/mo + $300 bill credit
  • iPhone 11 - 19.99/mo (upfront edge, 190 + tax at end of term) OR $27.91/mo ($41.45/mo, but they give a device credit monthly) + $300 bill credit (works out to around $15.41/mo)
  • iPhone XR - 19.99/mo + $300 bill credit

I went with the $50 plan + iPhone 11 64GB (not upfront edge). Approximately $75/mo (give or take) for 2 years. Activation fees are credited on first or second bill.

Great deal IMO.
Any idea how much Koodo would charge for cancellation within the 2 week period for the BYOP plan? Wonder how they would process the activation fees they were going to credit on the 3rd bill.
Oct 25, 2011
22 posts
15 upvotes
WINDSOR
sunstar1980 wrote: Any idea how much Koodo would charge for cancellation within the 2 week period for the BYOP plan? Wonder how they would process the activation fees they were going to credit on the 3rd bill.
I was wondering this too. I'm not entirely sure. Considering this is within a return period (assuming that exists), maybe it'll bypass the activation fee and just charge x-days of usage up to porting out?
Guess we'll find out in due time lol.
Jul 19, 2016
362 posts
216 upvotes
Ontario
noXpression wrote: I was wondering this too. I'm not entirely sure. Considering this is within a return period (assuming that exists), maybe it'll bypass the activation fee and just charge x-days of usage up to porting out?
Guess we'll find out in due time lol.
Did you receive any email confirmation since the phone call yet? Or do we just wait till we receive the sim in the mail?
Oct 25, 2011
22 posts
15 upvotes
WINDSOR
sunstar1980 wrote: Did you receive any email confirmation since the phone call yet? Or do we just wait till we receive the sim in the mail?
I just got all the emails around 1a this morning. Includes the account activation, plan details, device agreement, monthly bill estimate and shipping notification for the device.
Jul 19, 2016
362 posts
216 upvotes
Ontario
noXpression wrote: I just got all the emails around 1a this morning. Includes the account activation, plan details, device agreement, monthly bill estimate and shipping notification for the device.
Oh okay.
I never received any email confirmation yet.
Good thing I took down the reference # before I hung up.
Will wait and see.....
Aug 1, 2007
708 posts
70 upvotes
Sigh... I've struck out a few times with trying to get Rogers to put 2 of my wireless accounts on the $50 15GB plan (chat, Facebook and retention call).

My next step is to port out both numbers to the Koodo $50 for 9GB plan and see if I get a win back call. I hate playing this game. :(