Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

*BYOD* Rogers $50/15GB - Unlimited Talk/Text Canadawide - YMMV (win-back)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2021 8:02 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2017
1686 posts
2109 upvotes
Vancouver
batmanrocks wrote: Who did you port to?
Telus for the $45/25gb

Yes $300 credits for phone and some tablet promo.

Didn’t take deal but thinking of opening multiple lines for my friends who missed out on Telus Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 28, 2020
6 posts
1 upvote
Was just able to get this deal. 1 833 892 3338 was indeed the number to call as listed before.
I switched to Freedom in June 2019 from Rogers and they still had my account info. I called from the number i had ported out from, so they just checked it without even asking me for it.
I was on the Freedom Big Gig 10 + 5 bonus to which was $65-5 with no overages

They offered
$50/15GB + 2GB shared with tablet for extra $0.38. Overages on this plan is $20/GB
$65/20GB +2GB shared with tablet for extra $0.38 No overages on this plan.

Was not eligible for 45/20GB plan as i have an Ontario # (live out of province though)

I switched to the 20GB +2 GB shared with the tablet for 2years. After 2 years you loose the 2GB extra data it costs extra to share the data again. Still worth it for me for the better coverage and extra data for roughly same price.

They stated $40 activation fee will be waived on second/third bill.

$300 bill credit if you get a phone at the same time. With some discounted phones (adds to monthly). I did not take this as i am happy with my phone(Pixel 3a).

Now to wait for confirmation emails
Jul 1, 2019
83 posts
29 upvotes
I wonder if they also have Winback for canada/us plans.
dvpisme wrote: Was just able to get this deal. 1 833 892 3338 was indeed the number to call as listed before.
I switched to Freedom in June 2019 from Rogers and they still had my account info. I called from the number i had ported out from, so they just checked it without even asking me for it.
I was on the Freedom Big Gig 10 + 5 bonus to which was $65-5 with no overages

They offered
$50/15GB + 2GB shared with tablet for extra $0.38. Overages on this plan is $20/GB
$65/20GB +2GB shared with tablet for extra $0.38 No overages on this plan.

Was not eligible for 45/20GB plan as i have an Ontario # (live out of province though)

I switched to the 20GB +2 GB shared with the tablet for 2years. After 2 years you loose the 2GB extra data it costs extra to share the data again. Still worth it for me for the better coverage and extra data for roughly same price.

They stated $40 activation fee will be waived on second/third bill.

$300 bill credit if you get a phone at the same time. With some discounted phones (adds to monthly). I did not take this as i am happy with my phone(Pixel 3a).

Now to wait for confirmation emails
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2017
1686 posts
2109 upvotes
Vancouver
Merhar wrote: Anyone try this recently?
Yes, still active.

friend ported from Rogers to Telus for the $45/25gb deal.

He got a winback call yesterday(missed) and today
Mar 31, 2018
185 posts
117 upvotes
On the other thread, some got 20% and credits with Shaw. Did anyone got that? At Fido, they also say you need to be on the consumer side or something for 6 months?
Sep 17, 2020
12 posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question but it is my first time doing this.

I had got a call from Rogers so I called back on the number within this thread and accepted their 15GB for $50 offer. Several hours later I got a confirmation email with a new phone number.

Just to clarify, when I “port out” once my SIM comes, I am moving my OLD number back from Telus (my current provider) to Rogers? What happens to the new number Rogers just gave me?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2792 posts
419 upvotes
Mississauga
TalhaZ37587 wrote: Sorry if this is a stupid question but it is my first time doing this.

I had got a call from Rogers so I called back on the number within this thread and accepted their 15GB for $50 offer. Several hours later I got a confirmation email with a new phone number.

Just to clarify, when I “port out” once my SIM comes, I am moving my OLD number back from Telus (my current provider) to Rogers? What happens to the new number Rogers just gave me?
Once you get your SIM Card you’ll have to port back your “old number” or the number you ported out of Rogers. The number you got will just be a temporary number.
Feb 5, 2020
147 posts
70 upvotes
My tablet account says "My Wireless Plan Tablet Plan $15.00/mo Included: Talk minutes" and "Talk Minutes Unlimited View details"... does it mean I can use this line to call? I am going to ask an agent to clarify on this

Okay this agent confused me even more
She is telling me I have unlimited text messages on my tablet plan so it will be free to send text messages
And for the minutes, she says I will not be able to make calls
Sep 17, 2020
12 posts
excessiveInfo wrote: Update on my previous comment here

So, it seems it has worked out. I called back (again), they (again) said they didn't have any win-back on file but the rep I spoke with told me she'll look into something and call me back within 15-20mins.

I received the callback, she said she could make the offer to me. I accepted the $50/15gb + ZTE 2gb tablet, she also asked if I had anyone else not with Rogers that would want the offer. My GF is on Telus with a shitty $38/2gb plan, so I said we could port that out as well.

Once we receive the SIM cards and she ports out to Rogers, if she gets a win-back from Telus for the $45/25gb plan she will be accepting that!
@excessiveInfo Hey when you ported to Freedom, what plan was that? Can you do this with the $30 prepaid 3 gig data plan?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2074 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
I have a scenario that I want your advice guys ...

I have had this Rogers plan now for a few months. I also signed up for the Telus winback plan. Now I want to move my personal number from Rogers to Telus BUTTTTT I do not want to let this Rogers plan go to waste and would rather give it to a family/friend.

What do you guys think the best way to make this happen? I was thinking of doing following ....

1. I already have a line (Line1) with this plan with my personal number (NumberA)
2. Open another Rogers line (Line2) under my Rogers account with a temporary number (NumberB) with any random plan
3. Swap the numbers on the 2 lines so Line1 will have NumberB and Line2 will have NumberA
4. Port out NumberA from Line2 to Telus so it can close safely.
5. Transfer the ownership on remaining Line1 with temporary NumberB to a family/friend so they can port in their personal number (NumberC)

Do you guys think it is possible? I already called Rogers tech support last night and the guy said that the step 3 is "technically" possible.
Sep 20, 2020
10 posts
1 upvote
TalhaZ37587 wrote: @excessiveInfo Hey when you ported to Freedom, what plan was that? Can you do this with the $30 prepaid 3 gig data plan?

I went postpaid, some $40 9gb plan, which I shouldn't have done. I would say prepaid is a better idea.

As long as you port your number out to a telecom that isn't part of the Rogers tree, you're good. They have no way of knowing whether you ported to a postpaid or prepaid plan. Cheapest option is best!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1062 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
Surprised to not see a thread for the new $85 30gb infinite plan.
Jun 24, 2007
47 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
oakley0023 wrote: Surprised to not see a thread for the new $85 30gb infinite plan.
No one wants to pay $85.

I think ~$50 is that sweet spot.

I am still hunting after switching to Shaw Mobile but having it drop some data zoom meetings while driving.
Jul 1, 2019
83 posts
29 upvotes
Just got my call and the plan. Waiting for the new iPhones so no upgrades.
smokedvw wrote: No one wants to pay $85.

I think ~$50 is that sweet spot.

I am still hunting after switching to Shaw Mobile but having it drop some data zoom meetings while driving.
Sep 7, 2009
873 posts
511 upvotes
batmanrocks wrote: Just got my call and the plan. Waiting for the new iPhones so no upgrades.
What day did you port? I ported on Saturday to Freedom (AB). Going to call in Thursday if I haven't gotten an email.
Jul 1, 2019
83 posts
29 upvotes
I ported Thursday. Got an email Friday. Got a call today (Monday).
holden wrote: What day did you port? I ported on Saturday to Freedom (AB). Going to call in Thursday if I haven't gotten an email.
Jul 1, 2019
83 posts
29 upvotes
This whole thing is rather ironic. They give the most disloyal customers the biggest discounts. LOL
Sep 7, 2009
873 posts
511 upvotes
batmanrocks wrote: This whole thing is rather ironic. They give the most disloyal customers the biggest discounts. LOL
Same thing with retentions. The "good" customers that never complain get a raw deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)