Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] *BYOD* Rogers $50/15GB - Unlimited Talk/Text Canadawide - YMMV (win-back)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2020 11:54 pm
Mar 7, 2017
352 posts
129 upvotes
ArtP26 wrote: Instructions are quite easy
Port out your number FROM Rogers
After 2 days you'll get call
That's the only way that works 99%of the time.
Why do people still ask stupid questions over and over?
your instructions are missing the part where you cannot port out to a rogers non competitor co.
Mar 7, 2017
352 posts
129 upvotes
lucians wrote: Any recommendations where to port to?
Do NOT port out to any of the following carriers
must be on a consumer plan and not on a corp plan.

Fido
Chatr
Cityfone
Primus Wireless
Zoomer Wireless
SimplyConnect
Jun 10, 2006
22 posts
1 upvote
For the short period of time that you have temporarily ported out from Rogers to another carrier (e.g. Telus or Koodo), what kind of charges can you expect from the other carrier? I believe Telus/Koodo do not charge activation fees if it's done online, but would they charge the pro-rated monthly fee for the amount of time before you transfer back to Rogers?
Mar 7, 2017
352 posts
129 upvotes
deepdeepblue wrote: For the short period of time that you have temporarily ported out from Rogers to another carrier (e.g. Telus or Koodo), what kind of charges can you expect from the other carrier? I believe Telus/Koodo do not charge activation fees if it's done online, but would they charge the pro-rated monthly fee for the amount of time before you transfer back to Rogers?
correct. they only charge you for how many days u have used past the given grace period from which ever carrier
Nov 18, 2011
231 posts
59 upvotes
EDMONTON
Would this still work if I left Rogers about 9 years ago? Im with Koodoo
Dec 12, 2009
217 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
cwangs wrote: Would this still work if I left Rogers about 9 years ago? Im with Koodoo
I was a with rogers a couple years ago.
Jun 24, 2019
147 posts
140 upvotes
cwangs wrote: Would this still work if I left Rogers about 9 years ago? Im with Koodoo
I don't think so. It seems like they changed their policy awhile back. When this was first offered, people were able to get the offer with really old Rogers/Fido numbers. Now, my guess is it's limited to accounts that have been cancelled within the past 12 months.
Jan 22, 2020
7 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver BC
I joined this forum pretty much just to share my experience with Rogers win-back.

I ported my line and my mom's line (separate accounts) from Rogers to Freedom Mobile in late March. Never got the call or email offer.

I called the number, which has been posted numerous times in this thread, and a representative answered right away so the win-back team is still operating (Monday to Friday) as of April 6th.

I inquired about my number and found that it was ineligible. I had the $60 for 10 GB BYOD from Black Friday in 2017, which then became $65 for 15 GB over time. I then asked about my mom's number, which was eligible. She had $25 for limited voice and text and a contract that expired last year.

The first offer was the $50 for $15 GB as titled, which I accepted immediately, but prior to that, the representative also mentioned there are various offers to choose from. I was also given the option to finance a phone with a $300 bill credit. The phone itself was as priced on the website.

It has been mentioned a few times from other members that upon accepting the offer, you can open multiple lines. I claimed to be taking the offer on behalf of my mom, and stated that I wanted to come back as well. However, my mom was happy with her Freedom Mobile $25 for 1 GB plan. My intention was to just cancel the port for my mom when the SIM card arrives. Turns out, these SIM cards have temporary numbers assigned and there won't be a port unless you initiate it. When you call Rogers (*611) to activate, you have the option to port any phone number (not just the one that qualified you for the plan) or assign a new number.

TLDR: You can find someone, who recently ported out to a Rogers competitor and is eligible for a win-back plan, get them to get the plan, and do a Transfer of Responsibility after, or, if you are eligible, you can find some friends who may be interested in a win-back plan before calling the win-back team.
Apr 1, 2019
9 posts
5 upvotes
If you want to call US numbers with this plan is it an extra $15/m?
Apr 10, 2006
50 posts
3 upvotes
Happy to report back, got this awesome deal. I moved to Koodo with two accounts this Tuesday and got the call today to switch back. I also got $300 off each phone as I upgraded to iphone 11 pro.
Thanks all.
Oct 31, 2013
133 posts
63 upvotes
Burlington
lucians wrote: Happy to report back, got this awesome deal. I moved to Koodo with two accounts this Tuesday and got the call today to switch back. I also got $300 off each phone as I upgraded to iphone 11 pro.
Thanks all.
What’s your payment every month for the iPhones.
Nov 18, 2011
231 posts
59 upvotes
EDMONTON
CharlesN38069 wrote: I joined this forum pretty much just to share my experience with Rogers win-back.

I ported my line and my mom's line (separate accounts) from Rogers to Freedom Mobile in late March. Never got the call or email offer.

I called the number, which has been posted numerous times in this thread, and a representative answered right away so the win-back team is still operating (Monday to Friday) as of April 6th.

I inquired about my number and found that it was ineligible. I had the $60 for 10 GB BYOD from Black Friday in 2017, which then became $65 for 15 GB over time. I then asked about my mom's number, which was eligible. She had $25 for limited voice and text and a contract that expired last year.

The first offer was the $50 for $15 GB as titled, which I accepted immediately, but prior to that, the representative also mentioned there are various offers to choose from. I was also given the option to finance a phone with a $300 bill credit. The phone itself was as priced on the website.

It has been mentioned a few times from other members that upon accepting the offer, you can open multiple lines. I claimed to be taking the offer on behalf of my mom, and stated that I wanted to come back as well. However, my mom was happy with her Freedom Mobile $25 for 1 GB plan. My intention was to just cancel the port for my mom when the SIM card arrives. Turns out, these SIM cards have temporary numbers assigned and there won't be a port unless you initiate it. When you call Rogers (*611) to activate, you have the option to port any phone number (not just the one that qualified you for the plan) or assign a new number.

TLDR: You can find someone, who recently ported out to a Rogers competitor and is eligible for a win-back plan, get them to get the plan, and do a Transfer of Responsibility after, or, if you are eligible, you can find some friends who may be interested in a win-back plan before calling the win-back team.
How would you do the transfer responsibilities?or is there a way to change the billing into your own if you used someone else to get this offer?
Jan 22, 2020
7 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver BC
cwangs wrote: How would you do the transfer responsibilities?or is there a way to change the billing into your own if you used someone else to get this offer?
I just replied your PM.

The link for more information about the process of a transfer-of-responsibility.
Mar 8, 2017
32 posts
21 upvotes
I went to Freedom and got the cheapest prepaid plan they had.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Demeech, canadian2