Entertainment

Rogers Cable - best packages & value for money

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2012 12:24 am
[OP]
Aug 17, 2008
25 posts

Rogers Cable - best packages & value for money

I recently rennovated my house and along with installing all new TV's, I also signed on to the Nextbox HDPVR with Rogers.
The system itself is pretty expensive and right now I only have basic cable. I noticed that FX Canada is now gone as well as the FOOD network- both of which I loved to watch.

Im thinking about expanding my cable package - seeing as I have paid to have a good system, I should probably pay to have better channels.

What packages are the best value for money? Which include the Food network or FX Canada?

Thanks!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1867 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
Not much choice if you want those specialty channels, best bet is to get a good offer from them, but involves a contract
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
245 upvotes
You won't necessarily get a good deal, nowadays they're being stingy so it's hard to ge anything good involving a PVR rental for less than $50/month. If I were you, I'd contact a customer representative to see what deal they can offer you (btw did you purchase or do you rent the box)? You might not get a great deal now but it'll be some discount. You gotta do some reading in this thread:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merged-r ... 85331/196/

Contact a rep or two and see what they offer you. If nothing good comes about then call Rogers and cancel cable, they MIGHT offer you a deal but it might not be much. Once you do cancel they might either call you or mail you a letter asking you to call another number where you say why you're quitting and they might offer you a better deal at the time. So in the end you have to do some negotiating, and if you cancel without getting a deal then not a problem, you can just call again to resume service (but ask for a deal that time and say what can they do so you don't have to pay full price).
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4281 posts
2041 upvotes
I cancelled my cable for the start of Nov, they did try to offer me a better deal for $38/month but I said no. They also sent me that letter to call them and tell them why and they would offer a $25 gift card.

Called them and told them I had to cut the bills as my wife is going on mat leave soon and I had to save money. I got the $25 gift card for Esso, some of the other stores were Sobeys and Cineplex.

Just installed OTA and just scanned 4 analog and 20 digital channels so I still get HD for the major networks and I save $70/month.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
86 upvotes
Rogers and good deals never go together
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)