Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
ecaruso1 wrote: Can anyone please provide me with some info regarding the Steve deal ? Do I contact Steve ? Does anyone have his phone number ? Or is it something I mention when I call Rogers (I am a new customer )

Thanks, really need some help
Flip to the first page!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 12, 2005
8152 posts
92 upvotes
Hey guys! Just a quick question (pretty long though sorry)

My HDPVR 1 year is over next week. And I have to return the box. I'm not getting any discounts BUT the free PVR. So I've been paying:

Internet Express 46.99
Digital VIP 60.xx
Classic Value Plan 27.95
-----------------------
~135.94
+ all rental fees/phone charges

What do guys see that I can squeeze from them? I mean I'm willing to say I'll go on a contract if that's what they need to hear to give me any deals.

Phone-wise, I don't have any problems I mean, 2 features + 500 LD is enough for my needs

I'm hoping to get HD PVR + Extreme Internet if possible. Can anyone share any experience?

I'm also thinking about disconnecting my home phone. It's barely USED! I mean, household of 5, with 5 cellphones. I believe there's no need for a homephone. But my mom says otherwise lol. thats why I kept it :(

-----------------------

EDIT
Went back a couple of pages. And I think I know what to say. I'll say Bell is offering me 2 HD PVRs for 3 years free (which I think is on Bell's website? or is it just 1xHDPVR?) and 50% off movie pack. If they offer me the same deal, I'll just ask for 1xHDPVR and 1xHD Box. Mention Bell Fibe is the same price as their express but DL speed is 6Mbps faster? So ask for Extreme for cheaper? With free modem rental. And try to push maybe a Homephone discount with no SAF/911.

Is this at all possible?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2373 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have luck renegotiating while still on the Rogers contract after the free rental period is over?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1575 posts
92 upvotes
Collingwood
I have 3 free HD PVR's, + 20% off over and HD Specialty Pack, $15.95 off regular home phone (from $28.99 with one feature) + 15% off of the discounted pricing for grandfathered bundling. They say this is among the best

8 years with Rogers (cell) and 6 with internet and cable now and they have never ever done me wrong with a deal. I am almost always paying the least for the most of my friends. I may move to a satellite only area. Will be sad to leave.
Jun 19, 2008
5 posts
Toronto, ON
so most people have been getting deals on Rogers HD Tv, PVR, etc...do you think they'd give me any discount on basic TV? I don't really care for all the extra channels and gimmics. Basic cable costs me 30$ + tax.

Also, is it possible to renegotiate a wireless plan, seeing how I signed up for a 3 year plan. I wouldn't mind something like a free texting plan.
Sep 22, 2005
81 posts
rfdrfd wrote: This is why you ALWAYS tape record your conversations with Rogers. So you can play it back to another CSR to prove they offered you that deal to begin with. Because once you hang up the phone, you have nothing, no proof in hand.

You "hope" they will type in that deal and discount promise in your file, but you will never see your file.
unfortunately, that would be pretty useless, as there would be no 'proof' that the person on the recording is actually a CSR and not just your buddy. unless you can convince the CSR to say his employee number on tape or something...
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1747 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
wrekkedmatt wrote: unfortunately, that would be pretty useless, as there would be no 'proof' that the person on the recording is actually a CSR and not just your buddy. unless you can convince the CSR to say his employee number on tape or something...
Actually in all my dealings with Rogers recently (as far as cable goes) ... 5-10 minutes after a call...I've always had an email come out with a summary of what the next bill will look like (I have setup to checkup my acct. online ... don't know if that's the reason).

On the other hand I had an issue with Fido where what was promised during a Cell contract renewal was not upheld and the following CSR (relations) would not believe I was indeed offered such services and made a big fuss when asked to check the call recordnings on their end...
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Oct 3, 2006
226 posts
41 upvotes
Thanks all for this thread. Got the same 30% off everything for 1 year + extension of PVR for another 12 months. Additionally the rep offered me 30 minutes of free international LD to be used within the next 30 days as a 'thank you' bonus.
Nov 23, 2009
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
If I'm a new customer, would I be eligible for the Steve deal ? Or should I say that I'm switching from Bell ? The only problem is that this would require a new home installation. What do you think is the best way to approach this ?

Thanks
Jan 12, 2007
198 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
I spoke to retentions. I wanted to get a free period of HD box rental. The other fees are covered by my condominium corporation (contract w/ Rogers -- paid by maintenance fee). She said I already have a discount on the HD box and can't get a free one. And that if I switch to Bell, I'll have to pay all the other fees that my condo currently covers for Rogers services.

Anyone know where I can buy a cheap HD box for Rogers? :o

I knew I should've bought it for a hundred bucks when I bought the HDTV 2 years ago.

I really don't want to shell out $250 for a HD box. $150 ... sure.
Feb 2, 2010
126 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
i spoke w/ rogers asked them to cancel my services after being a customer with them since 1992 with cable and internet services.

the rep did not transfer me to any retention department and proceeded to cancel my services.

i am asking if there is a way to negate this and or is bell's offer currently just as good or better. is there any negatives to having bell over rogers?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5972 posts
2756 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
dbonez wrote: i spoke w/ rogers asked them to cancel my services after being a customer with them since 1992 with cable and internet services.

the rep did not transfer me to any retention department and proceeded to cancel my services.

i am asking if there is a way to negate this and or is bell's offer currently just as good or better. is there any negatives to having bell over rogers?
Just call em back and ask to speak to retentions.
Feb 19, 2007
70 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
just asked for "cancel cable" said they would transfer me to cancellation dept.
They asked what was the reason and I told them that Bell offered 30% + 2 pvr
She said she could do something for me.

Got 30% off DVIP
2 HDVR + 1SD Box. no hassle.

asked for internet and only could give 20% off Lite (I am on ultra lite) 28.79 +3 modem. refused to give free modem. even I said that I have been paying $3/mth for the last 36 mths and Rogers already recouped the sales price. No budge. so she said wait closer to the contract end date, maybe better offer.
Jan 4, 2009
674 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
Guys, I got a serious question.

If I receive a deal from Rogers for 2 free HD boxes for 1 year at no cost. Should I still be paying CRTC fees ? Do you still pay them ? even though the price is $0.00
Deal Fanatic
Feb 12, 2005
8152 posts
92 upvotes
Thanks to all the people that posted on this thread. It's helped me alot with my phone call today with Rogers. I dunno if I could've gotten more but I am happy since I will be paying less than what I am paying now

WAS :
Phone - $34.31
Express - $46.99 + $3
Digital VIP - $63.47 + $2.99
------------------------------------
TOTAL = 186.18 - 20% = $148.94 w/ 1xHD PVR
And I know I pay more than this coz I keep going over my bandwidth limit

NOW :
Phone - $34.31 - 30% = $24.02
Extreme - ($59.99 + $3) - 30% = $44.79
Digital VIP - ($63.47 + $2.99) - 30% = $46.52
TFC (Multicultural channel) - $14.95 - 30% = $10.47
--------------------------------------------------
TOTAL = 142.15 w/ 1xHD PVR + 1xHD Box for 12 Months (Internet was 30% first year then 20% second year which is still close to express price)

Thanks AGAIN GUYS!
Nov 23, 2009
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Can someone please help, seems like all these deals are for current rogers customers, if I would be a new customer, would I be eligible for the Steve deal ? Or are there any other deals ?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
ecaruso1 wrote: Can someone please help, seems like all these deals are for current rogers customers, if I would be a new customer, would I be eligible for the Steve deal ? Or are there any other deals ?

Thanks
If you go to the first page of the thread, it indicates in big red print the deals for new customers (the Steve deal).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
Quick Question:
I have Internet, Cable, and maybe soon to have Wireless with Rogers.
I have 30% off Internet already and I know if you add a Better Choice Bundle you cant add 30% and 10%, you have to choose one discount.

However I was wondering, could I still bundle the three services and get the 10% off Cable and Wireless and keep the 30% off Internet or is it that I can only bundle Wireless and Cable and get 5% each since they dont have a discount?
Jun 20, 2008
228 posts
12 upvotes
I just signed a contract with Rogers today. But they said they couldn't offer 30% off internet. They only have 20% right now???
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
yeungnga wrote: I just signed a contract with Rogers today. But they said they couldn't offer 30% off internet. They only have 20% right now???
It all depends on who you talk to. Both times when I called Rogers to cancel my internet I was immediately offered 30% on a one year contract by retentions. The first time I accepted and the second time I cancelled anyway. From my experience you can get this through retentions if you say you're cancelling. Not sure if the regular reps will give it out (as they didn't offer it to me before I was transferred - they told me there was nothing they could do and immediately upon getting through to retentions there was something they would do)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)