Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Jun 18, 2010
121 posts
74 upvotes
JordanK86755 wrote: Were you completely losing internet or was it intermittent disconnections that lasted ~20 seconds? I experience this about 5 times a day.

I’m having intermittent disconnections and Rogers is no help at fixing it. Wondering if you experienced the same outrage as me. Maybe I should look into a new router.
I have the same issue and it's still happening after calling Rogers several times. 20 second intermittent disconnects that last around 7 or 8 mins in total before it settles down. Are you using the white modem as well?
Sep 26, 2020
183 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
vintr wrote: Scheduled a cancellation via chat. Are you suppose to get an email confirmation?
Nope, never got an email confirmation for when you schedule a cancellation before.
Sep 26, 2020
183 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote: Update:
Winback team called back. They said they can do 300u with $39.99+tax so I took it since i never use up to 500u anyway and I'm single household. Definitely not the best offer but whatever as I do not want to go out to return the modem during lockdown and internet service is working well.
Was this after you set a cancellation date? or you actually went through with cancelling your services and they called back a few weeks later?
Apr 1, 2013
224 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
RunOrDie wrote: What's the typical Rogers internet prices for new condos in Toronto downtown? My $29.99 500u is expiring and I'm not getting much luck these days..
I don’t know what they’re currently offering, but to get anything even close to that price, it would have to be through winback.
Apr 19, 2012
840 posts
254 upvotes
TORONTO
Messaged them through Facebook chat. Currently paying 63 for 1000u and they are offering to extend my plan or downgrade to 500u for 59 a month.
Thoughts?

I don’t hit those speeds, no where close.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2010
1565 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
RA1211 wrote: I was paying $62.99 this year, they first offer me $67.99.
After I turned them down, they offer me for $59.99.
Let me know what is the price you get at lastWinking Face
So, the Ambassador Team called me back just now. I was not aware the market price for Gigabit was $119.99. Anyhow, I ended up with $49.99 for the next year. 500u was available for $44.99. Hope this helps someone. Also, I had a cancellation put on my account when I spoke to them yesterday.
Feb 22, 2019
30 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
asterisk* wrote: So, the Ambassador Team called me back just now. I was not aware the market price for Gigabit was $119.99. Anyhow, I ended up with $49.99 for the next year. 500u was available for $44.99. Hope this helps someone. Also, I had a cancellation put on my account when I spoke to them yesterday.
Did you put your cancellation in through the chat via Rogers?
Apr 10, 2013
457 posts
131 upvotes
Signed up with Rogers on Black Friday, so part of it is I should be getting GC - I am thinking to actually cancel the service as it's overkill and I can just switch over for something cheaper (or if Rogers winback give me better deal)

Now, I am still waiting for my GC, roughly 4 weeks after my service start, I got the email:
"As a thank you for being a Rogers Ignite Internet customer, you are invited to register for ... GC"
and I signed up online and then I got the message:
Thank you for registering.
Your offer registration is now complete.

Please allow up to six weeks after the installation of your Rogers IgniteTM Bundle to validate your eligibility.

Please add rogers@prepaiddigitalsolutions to your email address book and be on the lookout for your prepaid card over the next two weeks.
Does this mean I still need to wait to get the actual GC before I cancel? or am I okay now?
Apr 10, 2013
457 posts
131 upvotes
Signed up with Rogers on Black Friday, so part of it is I should be getting GC - I am thinking to actually cancel the service as it's overkill and I can just switch over for something cheaper (or if Rogers winback give me better deal)

Now, I am still waiting for my GC, roughly 4 weeks after my service start, I got the email:
"As a thank you for being a Rogers Ignite Internet customer, you are invited to register for ... GC"
and I signed up online and then I got the message:
Thank you for registering.
Your offer registration is now complete.

Please allow up to six weeks after the installation of your Rogers IgniteTM Bundle to validate your eligibility.

Please add rogers@prepaiddigitalsolutions to your email address book and be on the lookout for your prepaid card over the next two weeks.
Does this mean I still need to wait to get the actual GC before I cancel? or am I okay now?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
1518 posts
1958 upvotes
Next123 wrote: Messaged them through Facebook chat. Currently paying 63 for 1000u and they are offering to extend my plan or downgrade to 500u for 59 a month.
Thoughts?

I don’t hit those speeds, no where close.
Are you testing on Wifi or wired? You should be able to hit those speeds on wired. You won't be hitting gigabit on wifi.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2010
1565 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
JeffM58744 wrote: Did you put your cancellation in through the chat via Rogers?
I don’t know if anyone tried yesterday but it was almost impossible to get a hold of someone. I was on the chat while I got my scheduled call back. I think I told both to cancel. But I gave an end date on the phone.
Dec 20, 2019
20 posts
8 upvotes
Hi everyone,

Just got a call from Rogers winback and they offered $55 for 1gb. Just wanted to share my experience. I was originally paying full price for 500mb and called Rogers CS to see what they could offer me. The best Rogers offered was $20 off regular price. I set a cancellation date and waited for about 3 weeks to get a call from winback. Today I finally decided to call winback myself, but they did not pick up. I left my name and account number in a voicemail to the winback number and in a few hours, I got a callback. Without any hassle, I was offered $50 for 500mb or $55 for 1gb for 1 year. Thank you @greygables for the tip.
Jun 10, 2017
797 posts
1452 upvotes
l1197493 wrote: No that's the normal price for over 2 years now. Maybe you have an older plan? Just call them up. I don't know anyone who has anything other than 500/$35
That's odd.. I just checked their website, it shows 500/$50 and 50/$35..
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
ItsCounts wrote: Was this after you set a cancellation date? or you actually went through with cancelling your services and they called back a few weeks later?
I just set the cancellation date to Jan 13th last night via facebook chat and I already got the call from winback team this morning.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
ItsCounts wrote: Nope, never got an email confirmation for when you schedule a cancellation before.
the agent probably didn't cancel it. You should get a final balance and a cancellation confirmation number when it is properly done. I was trying to cancel via live chat and the agent didnt actually cancel it until I try again with another agent on facebook chat.
Jan 2, 2009
793 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote: the agent probably didn't cancel it. You should get a final balance and a cancellation confirmation number when it is properly done. I was trying to cancel via live chat and the agent didnt actually cancel it until I try again with another agent on facebook chat.
Can confirm I had to reach out again before receiving a confirmation email
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2877 posts
2840 upvotes
Ottawa
Not sure if it was just a coincidence but I chatted with Rogers couple days ago to renew my 500u offer (currently $43 w/ taxes, including last month's raise), they quoted me $85+tax but got an email yesterday saying I was auto approved for $43+tax
Apr 28, 2013
344 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Any good deals going around for internet, cable, and phone? Was paying 120 a month up until recently for 500mbps down, basic cable, and phone with a couple options. A couple months ago they jacked it to ~280 with some absurd cable box rental fee.

The best rogers is offering me thus far is 160 a month for exactly what I was receiving previously.

Bell offered 500mbsp down, basic tv, and phone for 120 a month but not sure I want to deal with switching companies at this time...
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1005 posts
566 upvotes
GTA
Did Live Chat recently as my Ignite TV and Internet discounts were expiring soon. Got Popular+Gigabit for $104.99 (well really $65 discount) for the next 12 months. Updated calendar to do it all over again next December.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)