Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1334 posts
1026 upvotes
Gebraroest wrote: what's the Rogers Customer Retentions number?
1-888-ROGERS1
If you mention anything about cancelling, they will send you over to cancellations/retentions/customer relations dep.
major wrote: My 12 month promo period expired at the beginning of September, so I made the call today to Rogers Customer Retentions.

Me: I noticed that the promotion period has ended on my VIP cable and Extreme internet and I'd like to request that the promotion be extended.
CR: We normally require 90 days to activate a new discount after the expiration of an old one for existing accounts. However, since you have been a long time Rogers customer, we can go ahead and apply the current promotional discounts for you right away.
Me: Sounds good, how much?
CR: 20% off Extreme, 20% off VIP Cable, and 12 mo. free HDPVR
Me: I've heard that you are offering 30% discounts to some subscribers
CR: That is true, so I will offer 30% off Extreme cable, but 20% off VIP cable is the maximum I'm allowed.
Me: OK, I accept.

So my net bill is about the same as before. Make your phone call (and be polite....even if it's someone who doesn't have a great command of English).

Glad this thread helped you save another 10%. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1037 posts
480 upvotes
kramerz80 wrote: Ya I called Victor yesterday morning too, said he'd call back sometime yesterday, but never did... Called him back today and he said ok he can do it, and Im now waiting on his call again tonight...
Victor was terrible at returning calls for me too. This guy offers the same $39.51 after tax VIP deal... call Steve at 416-436-6323.

Deal is:
SD Box.+ Digi VIP package for $39.51 after tax for 1 year, $73.41 after that (obviously you re-examine your options at that point). 1 year commitment required.
Ask for no installation if you don't need it so you waive that $50 charge.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1504 posts
943 upvotes
London, ON
I am on analogue basic cable right now and was able to get the 20% discount on the VIP cable package for a year commitment. So ($52.15 before tax) $58.92 was the price including taxes and I got them to throw in a free additional SD terminal for the 2nd outlet. Technician comes out tomorrow morning to install (waived upgrade/install fee as well). Not as great as a new customer can get but for an existing one, as reasonable as rogers can get right now. Need TSN/TSN2 for hockey season for sure.
Sep 8, 2009
2 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
I called Rogers twice and the best they offered me was $5 off with a one year contract-crap. I am thinking of Star choice right now because i can't stand Bell. I would like the $35 dollar deal but are Victor and Steve legit? What is the process? I don't feel comfortable giving out my Visa or other id to personal numbers? Do they ask for your Visa #? how does it work exactly?? Considering they actually call you back?
Nov 28, 2007
775 posts
185 upvotes
Okay, I called in Retentions and got the following:

10% off Digital VIP
Free HDPVR terminal and Free Digital terminal free for a year.
HD Specialty Pak free for 3 months, 20% off after.
Since I was a newer customer (only signed up less than a month ago), the rep said I couldn't get the 20% off on the cable package AND free terminals...I could either get both the terminals for free, or 20% off the cable package and 20% off the rental of the two terminals. Is this a good deal?

Another thing I wanted to ask you guys is when I went to rogers plus to pickup the terminals, they gave me both the terminals in rogers shopping bags without boxes or packaging with the remote/manual in ziploc bags. Is this normal? I was expecting the terminals to be in sealed boxes.

Thanks
Oct 13, 2007
33 posts
3 upvotes
I just called Rogers this evening to renegotiate; my goal was to at least pay less than what I currently pay, or get an HD PVR for free. Currently I have Digital VIP Cable, Hi-Speed Lite, plus box rentals for both. Also have a $5 Long Distance plan (1000 North American anytime minutes) that I combine with my Bell basic phone line. Of our 2 televisions, my newest is 9 years old. I still use VCRs. It's time to upgrade.

My monthly Rogers bill is $109.29 after tax.

I started by calling Bell and stating what I had with Rogers then asking what they could offer as replacement services. Bell could slightly beat Rogers for my home phone and television requirements, and completely blew Rogers internet out of the water. After all was said and done, with equitable plans from both Bell and Rogers, Bell was $15/month cheaper. But I would not be able to keep my long distance plan, and that would cost me around $15 a month with Bell. At this point, switching to Bell is a wash.

Then I called Rogers. The initial front-line CSR stated that I could receive my current digital VIP line-up of channels, plus 1 HD PVR for a total of $68.89/month, all fees. Plus I couldn't keep my current digital cable box to move to the basement tv; although he could charge me to do so for an additional $4.50/month. Uhhh, you can do better?!. So we moved on to internet, and when he couldn't beat Bell's plan he mentioned that he would transfer me to retentions. Sweet! What I'd been waiting for.

LOVED the retentions lady. Right off as she was accessing my account, saw that I'd been a subscriber for years and said, "We can TOTALLY find some loyalty promos for you!" I'm guessing she was young, new and likes her job. For television she gave me 2 HD PVRs, waived the rentals on both for a year plus let me keep my current digital cable box for free -- it's just mine to keep. I keep my current channel line-up plus the HD channels and the total for that is $61.75 all in. She said at the end of the year just call back to keep waiving the fees, and they would probably have more/different promos for me.

I'm apparently grandfathered in for the Hi-Speed Lite and have 60GB, so she gave me wireless internet, no rental fees etc. and the total for that is $31.67 all in.

She could not beat Bell home phone and suggested to keep the $5 long distance plan with Rogers and stay with Bell for basic phone service. She'd never heard of the $5 plan, so I'm guessing it's a grandfathered plan too.

My new total with Rogers is $99.07 all in. I saved $120/year plus now have 2 HD PVRs with no HD televisions to match. We're off to Costco to pick one up tomorrow. So in the end, I got more for less!
Oct 31, 2002
469 posts
7 upvotes
how do you prove your a student to get the extreme internet deal?
Aug 29, 2009
22 posts
1 upvote
5 bucks off thats it? your weren't forceful enough. for cable you have to get vip in order to get the 20% discount i think, they are banking on you will forget to renew contract next year.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3948 posts
1380 upvotes
Vancouver
Mandy_Sandy wrote: I called Rogers twice and the best they offered me was $5 off with a one year contract-crap. I am thinking of Star choice right now because i can't stand Bell. I would like the $35 dollar deal but are Victor and Steve legit? What is the process? I don't feel comfortable giving out my Visa or other id to personal numbers? Do they ask for your Visa #? how does it work exactly?? Considering they actually call you back?
This is your second post questioning whether these guys are legit.

Read all the other posts on this thread. Other ppl have gone through them and it's legit.

If you question it, don't use them. Just be prepared to pay a lot more.

And for the record, yes I called them and was extremely happy with the way things worked out. I called Victor and I was able to get a technician out to install my cable in 2 days. Bill is exactly as others have stated. No issues whatsoever.
Nov 28, 2007
775 posts
185 upvotes
DubKrazy wrote:
Another thing I wanted to ask you guys is when I went to rogers plus to pickup the terminals, they gave me both the terminals in rogers shopping bags without boxes or packaging with the remote/manual in ziploc bags. Is this normal? I was expecting the terminals to be in sealed boxes.

Thanks
Can anyone help me out with the above? I'm dying to hookup the hdpvr, but don't want to activate it if I'm gonna return it if I should have got bnib terminals.
Oct 31, 2002
469 posts
7 upvotes
with the VIP digital bundle, how many extra digital terminals can you have without paying extra outlet fees?

i read 4 before, but when i called they said there is no limit, not sure if i believe that (don't want random charges on my bill after)

i own all my terminals, so the rental cost isn't a concern, i just want to make sure i'm not paying 6.99 a month extra or whatever per terminal just to have it active and sitting there
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
3058 posts
488 upvotes
Mississauga
busakap wrote: with the VIP digital bundle, how many extra digital terminals can you have without paying extra outlet fees?

i read 4 before, but when i called they said there is no limit, not sure if i believe that (don't want random charges on my bill after)

i own all my terminals, so the rental cost isn't a concern, i just want to make sure i'm not paying 6.99 a month extra or whatever per terminal just to have it active and sitting there
it's 4 from what i remember also!!.. after 4 u have to pay a connection fee for the 5th.. and then 6th is free..

but yea 4 u can have..
Nov 1, 2006
85 posts
10 upvotes
Victor got back to me yesterday and set it all up. He's just really busy, I guess its the RFD effect. Installation next week, we'll see how the first bill turns out.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2539 posts
960 upvotes
Halifax
So Victor got back to me, gave me an account # and will be getting an install done on Monday!

Confirmed $35 digital VIP and 3 months free high speed extreme... and no installation fee...

:D
May 24, 2007
111 posts
2 upvotes
I just talked to their Client Relations, I am paying $48.58 including taxes for Digital VIP, and the best they could do for me after my 1 year is $59 including taxes for the same thing.

So I had to settle for Cable Plus for $49.64 including tax, which was 20% off the regular price, with a 12 month committment.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1037 posts
480 upvotes
Mandy_Sandy wrote: I called Rogers twice and the best they offered me was $5 off with a one year contract-crap. I am thinking of Star choice right now because i can't stand Bell. I would like the $35 dollar deal but are Victor and Steve legit? What is the process? I don't feel comfortable giving out my Visa or other id to personal numbers? Do they ask for your Visa #? how does it work exactly?? Considering they actually call you back?
I can't speak for anyone else but Victor took 3 days to get back to me, Steve had my parents hooked up in (not exaggerating...) 20 minutes.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
69 upvotes
DubKrazy wrote: Okay, I called in Retentions and got the following:

10% off Digital VIP
Free HDPVR terminal and Free Digital terminal free for a year.
HD Specialty Pak free for 3 months, 20% off after.
Since I was a newer customer (only signed up less than a month ago), the rep said I couldn't get the 20% off on the cable package AND free terminals...I could either get both the terminals for free, or 20% off the cable package and 20% off the rental of the two terminals. Is this a good deal?

Thanks
You didn't get the remotes or manuals? Any cables? When I rented I got the box with everything including whatever cables they come with. You should call Rogers and tell them how your boxes came and that you are NOT happy. When I bought my boxes they had the same exact stuff the rentals had.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
7019 posts
1546 upvotes
Mississauga
Useful thread, my 1-year cable contract is up this fall and I'll be sure to reference this thread when I renegotiate.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1334 posts
1026 upvotes
Anyone else able to confirm the Steve deal?
Will update it into the OP after a few more confirmations on exactly what he's offering.
Aug 23, 2006
598 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton
steve deal?
victor deals?
are these for new clients only?

who do i need to talk to for existent client?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)