Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Sep 21, 2015
510 posts
173 upvotes
London, ON
Any news regarding older packages that had included Shomi? This month (May) was the final month of the 6 months of Netflix that was provided when Shomi was cancelled.
Mar 20, 2008
849 posts
118 upvotes
Guys need help in cancellation. so I had the gigabit package with VIP TV. I called in to cancel and was told that I am under contract.. I don't recollect them telling me that I am on 2 yr contract nor I have received any email/letter stating I am on contract. He also told me my bill states I am on contract.. how can I check on bill that I am on contract?
Feb 4, 2017
619 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
nirajshah7 wrote: Guys need help in cancellation. so I had the gigabit package with VIP TV. I called in to cancel and was told that I am under contract.. I don't recollect them telling me that I am on 2 yr contract nor I have received any email/letter stating I am on contract. He also told me my bill states I am on contract.. how can I check on bill that I am on contract?
It IS a contract. Everyone that signed up to that promo is on a 2 yrs contract
Sep 16, 2012
497 posts
335 upvotes
GTA/London
EasyCompany251 wrote: Any current promotion deals involving Internet and TV (similar to U63)?
FYI, if you live in scarborough its included free of cost regardless of what package you're on due to prior agreements with shaw cable.
💳: Scotia Amex Gold + Rogers WE
May 2, 2017
1 posts
I have been a Rogers customer forever. Renewed my bundle in late December. VIP incl one free PVR, one HD $7.50 total $72.86 incl tax. Ignite 30, 125 data $58.75 incl tax. Home phone includes call display and Cdn long distance $28.24 incl tax. Total $159.85 month. I want to increase my internet data and they said I cannot have the "new" Ignite 30 allowance unless I renegotiate my package and pay $40 more a month. Any strategies for a senior on a "fixed income"?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4755 posts
2314 upvotes
Northside
nirajshah7 wrote: Guys need help in cancellation. so I had the gigabit package with VIP TV. I called in to cancel and was told that I am under contract.. I don't recollect them telling me that I am on 2 yr contract nor I have received any email/letter stating I am on contract. He also told me my bill states I am on contract.. how can I check on bill that I am on contract?
100% it's a contract. 2 year price guaranteed / 2 year contract
Sep 13, 2012
886 posts
464 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Always enjoy returning to this thread and catching up as best as possible. Haven't posted in a little over a year but wanted to share the following:

I was on a grandfathered Hybrid Fibre internet plan but a recent hardware failure/change has resulted in poor service. Long story short I was able to have 150u plan added for $69.99/month for 12 months ($99.99 less $30.00 credit). I saw the same price is being offered to new customers on the website but I am an existing customer (obviously) with multiple services. I was told this is a promo but reading between the lines it's really a way of circumventing what is intended to be new customer pricing for existing customers using a code the system will accept without a red flag (see what I did there) going up. I was aware of the U63 pricing and could have taken advantage without add-on credits but it would have been overkill and more than what I am currently paying. I have additional add-on credits which bring the total amount down but I'm satisfied for now.

Until the next Rogers f*** up...
Aug 16, 2015
679 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cleacy1972 wrote: Any news regarding older packages that had included Shomi? This month (May) was the final month of the 6 months of Netflix that was provided when Shomi was cancelled.
Was just wondering the same thing. Rogers had suggested there would be "new premium content" around this time...
Jan 9, 2017
5 posts
So my 2 year contract is over if my math is correct.Anyway to get a good deal without canceling everything first?
Mar 20, 2013
787 posts
263 upvotes
Scarborough
I am a little off topic, but I really need your help. I have a Hd receiver with my condo plan. Rogers gave me one of 2nd generation and that is painfully slow. How could I get to upgrade it at 3.0 without being charged?
Thank you !
Sep 21, 2015
510 posts
173 upvotes
London, ON
iioonneell wrote: I am a little off topic, but I really need your help. I have a Hd receiver with my condo plan. Rogers gave me one of 2nd generation and that is painfully slow. How could I get to upgrade it at 3.0 without being charged?
Thank you !
1) Be the owner of the condo, not a tenant
2) Run next election for the board of directors
3) Convince the condo corporation to obtain newer/more expensive Rogers equipment, but not pass on the costs
Mar 20, 2013
787 posts
263 upvotes
Scarborough
1 is not applicable :))...
So, I'm looking for other solutions :P.
Feb 4, 2017
619 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
iioonneell wrote: 1 is not applicable :))...
So, I'm looking for other solutions :P.
My friend is in a worst situation than you with his condo package (has a SD receiver). He went out and bought a HD PVR from kijiji.
Mar 20, 2013
787 posts
263 upvotes
Scarborough
CheapMang wrote: My friend is in a worst situation than you with his condo package (has a SD receiver). He went out and bought a HD PVR from kijiji.
I was thinking the same for the other room. But those 2.0 are reaaaaaaallllyy sloooooooow.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)