Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Jr. Member
Jan 19, 2015
107 posts
29 upvotes
sadchel wrote: On Rogers site, there are new listed channel lineups for the different TV packages. Bottom line.........LESS channels for more $$$$
Either they messed up channel lineups for these different packages on their website, or they are really dropping tons of channels from the previous lineups. For example, I don't see Sportsnet listed anywhere, not even in the Premiere??? Either way, their prices are higher, $5 more for Select and Popular, and $10 more for Premiere. I guess this means we'll see these increases on our next bills...time to very seriously consider cancelling.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1361 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
sadchel wrote: On Rogers site, there are new listed channel lineups for the different TV packages. Bottom line.........LESS channels for more $$$$
Lol Rogers running themselves into the ground. Do they honestly think there's a market/customers who are just going to keep paying more and more for cable?!

They need to wake up and realize people are cutting the cord. They need to REDUCE prices, not increase.
Newbie
Jun 9, 2007
7 posts
1 upvote
Pretty happy with my deal. I'm an existing customer therefore no Crave/HBO free for a year
2 year price guarantee - no contract

Gigabit internet
Premier TV
Crave/HBO
1 4k PVR and 1 4K Terminal (both rented)

$129.94+HST
$146.83/month tax in
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2598 posts
316 upvotes
Mississauga
akiberg wrote: Pretty happy with my deal. I'm an existing customer therefore no Crave/HBO free for a year
2 year price guarantee - no contract

Gigabit internet
Premier TV
Crave/HBO
1 4k PVR and 1 4K Terminal (both rented)

$129.94+HST
$146.83/month tax in
I think you could've done a little better but it depends on how much of a fight you want to put up.

Really shouldn't matter if you're not a "new customer" for Crave simply because Bell offers it as a new customer. If Rogers wants to keep me, they'll either offer it or I'll switch.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19242 posts
7336 upvotes
Toronto
100Pacer wrote: Curious if you're on a grandfathered or in-market cable plan? Would determine best course of action.
I was on a grandfathered plan, VIP plus gigabit with 50 mbit upload. They would not budge on charging me anything less than full price. But they happily gave me $25 for 500u. I took it. Stupid Rogers doesn't realize that as they cut the number of channels in my cable TV package and increase the price, they are simply supplying me the wire cutters. Looking back it's a bit of a blessing in disguise. The next round of negotiation is going to be interesting. It's going to be tough for them to convince me to keep cable TV.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $10/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Newbie
Jul 22, 2009
61 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
Just a heads-up that Rogers is making some major changes to their packages. For instance TSN and Sportsnet are no longer included in any package and you have to pay $25 as a theme pack to get them.

I assume packages will be grandfathered in, so this makes me extremely glad I renewed a month early or I would have been screwed.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12695 posts
2798 upvotes
Markham
Steelhawk wrote: Just a heads-up that Rogers is making some major changes to their packages. For instance TSN and Sportsnet are no longer included in any package and you have to pay $25 as a theme pack to get them.

I assume packages will be grandfathered in, so this makes me extremely glad I renewed a month early or I would have been screwed.
That's brutal. Changes like this are just going to push more people to find ways to view stuff online for free
Member
Apr 20, 2015
310 posts
48 upvotes
Brampton, ON
RolandCouch wrote: That's brutal. Changes like this are just going to push more people to find ways to view stuff online for free
DAZN also just won rights for EPL Football for the next 3 years. No reason for me to keep cable anymore when it's up for renewal in February
Sr. Member
Sep 13, 2012
886 posts
464 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
will888 wrote: I was on a grandfathered plan, VIP plus gigabit with 50 mbit upload. They would not budge on charging me anything less than full price. But they happily gave me $25 for 500u. I took it. Stupid Rogers doesn't realize that as they cut the number of channels in my cable TV package and increase the price, they are simply supplying me the wire cutters. Looking back it's a bit of a blessing in disguise. The next round of negotiation is going to be interesting. It's going to be tough for them to convince me to keep cable TV.
I did the same when I downgraded from Gigabit to 500U but maintained Digitial VIP and escalated to office of the President where you can negotiate ongoing manual credits to have the overall cost on par with current in-market bundle prices.
Newbie
Mar 22, 2016
17 posts
6 upvotes
Steelhawk wrote: Just a heads-up that Rogers is making some major changes to their packages. For instance TSN and Sportsnet are no longer included in any package and you have to pay $25 as a theme pack to get them.

I assume packages will be grandfathered in, so this makes me extremely glad I renewed a month early or I would have been screwed.
Do you have a source for this change? Looks like the Popular TV package has both of these now.
Jr. Member
Jan 19, 2015
107 posts
29 upvotes
TorontoUserName wrote: Do you have a source for this change? Looks like the Popular TV package has both of these now.
It appears that they've initially screwed up things on the website, but now it seems to be okay, showing proper channels in packages, the way they used to be. Of course, there's the new price. Angry Face
Jr. Member
Jun 11, 2017
108 posts
90 upvotes
lostinpangea wrote: *** New customers only ***

Kudos to @RolandCouch for helping me set up this deal.

If others are interested in it, please PM me for rep's contact info. He is open to giving this deal to others. I will respond with the info later in the evening.

Rogers is apparently trying to improve their Q4 numbers and is willing to do a lot to secure new customers. I just got the following package:

TV
Premiere TV
1x 4k PVR
4x HD boxes
Crave – Movies – HBO for 12 months for free

Internet
Ignite 1Gbps unlimited internet

Home Phone
Basic home phone

Pricing
Installation fee free
Activation fee free
First 6 months free
Next 6 months @ $114.99
Last 12 months @ $136.99
Got this deal as a new customer, thanks for posting and responding.

The best deal for Rogers/Bell services is not paying for Rogers/Bell services. Hop back and forth between the two companies every 6 months. I haven't paid for services in over a year.
Member
Dec 24, 2014
244 posts
560 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was offered $85+taxes for:
- Starter Tv + TSN, Sports net, HBO/CRAVE, TMN + 1 HDPVR
- Ignite 60 unlimited internet
- No install, no contract
Is that a good deal for a new customer?

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 5 guests)

testmann, Darisan, minib26