Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Dec 21, 2014
13 posts
5 upvotes
Markham, ON
icecoldman wrote: for people afraid of losing their home phone, why dont you use ooma? you can port your number and pay only $5 a month. is there any reason why you guys dont use it? im also planning to cut my home phone with rogers but keep my phone number to ooma.
I'm switching over to Ooma in a couple days, but I don't want to pay $40 to port my number over. Not that hard for me to notify everyone I need to notify that my number is changing, especially when I often give out my cell number. Also, hopefully I won't get as many spam calls with Ooma.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
9659 posts
6063 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
The rep I got seemed to be fair minded. I did not get overly aggressive with him and stayed relatively calm, though I did let him know that I was frustrated with the situation and I'd rather cancel the whole thing rather than overpay. I think that helped because I know it's not their fault, it's only what the computer system allows them. I'm sure he had to get the clear from whichever manager to override the system. There is no point getting angry with the rep because they can only do what they are allowed. You put them on the defensive and then they won't want to help.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Feb 27, 2010
214 posts
127 upvotes
I talked to a Rogers rep today and he gave me a one year offer for the premier 500iu for 120 so I’m really happy
Nov 18, 2007
46 posts
4 upvotes
Milton
chimaican wrote: So you set up cancellation for just the TV/internet but keep your phone, but tell them specifically you will be porting, so DON'T cancel your phone or hell will break loose if your number is lost. Remember to always get an Interaction Number so you can give them shit if something goes awry.

Alternatives depending on who you're switching is VOIP or even wireless home phone. It won't have the same benefits as a hard line phone (Bell/Rogers) like 9-1-1 locator, but it still works. Koodo has WHP for $5/mth but modem purchase is required.
Many thanks for the advise. Sounds like a very good plan. Then I checked my bill and found out that I am paying the 150u internet for $96, $46 for the Popular TV+time shift and $0 for the phone :).

If I cancel internet/TV, nothing would left. So, I will try to cancel the internet and keep the TV + Phone. Thoughts?
Sep 6, 2009
276 posts
22 upvotes
GTA - West End
Random question, where do I find when my current contract/savings expire? I'm been looking around myRogers for 10mins now and cant find it.
Aug 12, 2012
124 posts
35 upvotes
London, ON
V400 wrote: Random question, where do I find when my current contract/savings expire? I'm been looking around myRogers for 10mins now and cant find it.
Don't think it is mentioned anywhere in your account, you have to contact Rogers.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7799 posts
207 upvotes
juve4lfe wrote: I talked to a Rogers rep today and he gave me a one year offer for the premier 500iu for 120 so I’m really happy
Can be had for $29.99
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7799 posts
207 upvotes
V400 wrote: Random question, where do I find when my current contract/savings expire? I'm been looking around myRogers for 10mins now and cant find it.
Should be on your bill
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2598 posts
316 upvotes
Mississauga
chimaican wrote: No, it's grandfathered. They wanted to switch me up to the Premier pkg as they didn't give discounts for old grandfathered pkgs. I was reluctantly willing to switch over for $85 with Fairchild as the bonus but when I called in again they wouldn't honour their offer and the best they could do was $96 after taxes PLUS I would have to now pay an extra for $15 for Fairchild, so basically $113 all-in. I got pissed and after being put on hold multiple times, they came back and said I could keep VIP and they applied a discount close to my original agreement. This is only 12mths though AND is extremely YMMV. I'm sure I'll lose it next year.
This. It's extremely YMMV and they're EXTREMELY reluctant to allow it. I was told there were NO credits available to be added to VIP so that's that. There's not much in there that I cared about, anyhow, and they added the Crave/TMN/HBO/Showtime promo for a year so I can live with that.
May 24, 2007
205 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
What would be the best way for a new customer to get a bundle deal? Call in or are there field reps I can contact for Markham?

Thanks!
Jul 25, 2013
68 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: Is that on a 12mth or 2 year agreement?

I'm going to be calling in for my father and just want to know what's the going offers. He's currently paying WAAAAY too much - $170 (all-in) for all 3 services (premier, internet, HP). I just agreed to the grandfathered VIP with pvr for $62 +tax (73)... I'm hoping to get him Premier, 500u & HP for around $100-120 +tax but we'll see. He owns all his boxes already. Will downgrade him to popular if required.
2 year savings guarantee
Oct 18, 2014
92 posts
37 upvotes
I just signed up with a Rogers rep.

Ignite Gigabit
Popular TV w/ PVR
Crave TV, HBO and TMN free for 12 months
Basic Home Phone

No contract, no installaton fee and $100 credit

$101.69 (taxes in) for the first 12 months
$112.99 (taxes in) for the next 12 months
Feb 27, 2010
214 posts
127 upvotes
Myyykkee wrote: I just signed up with a Rogers rep.

Ignite Gigabit
Popular TV w/ PVR
Crave TV, HBO and TMN free for 12 months
Basic Home Phone

No contract, no installaton fee and $100 credit

$101.69 (taxes in) for the first 12 months
$112.99 (taxes in) for the next 12 months
New customer or contract expiring?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)