Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Dec 8, 2006
731 posts
295 upvotes
vnkvnk wrote: The same area, Have 500u, which will end in Feb. Tried to contact. they are "happy" to offer it for $75 +tax :-(
Put in the cancellation. You'll get a save offer once they see the request is actually in.
Feb 27, 2010
214 posts
127 upvotes
sienna owner wrote: ah..my bad. thought it was only 500u.
premier TV & 500 u....$85 + tax can be had.

Thanks but I’m not gonna push it I’ll push it next yearMoney-mouth Face
Nov 4, 2015
287 posts
60 upvotes
T.O
vnkvnk wrote: The same area, Have 500u, which will end in Feb. Tried to contact. they are "happy" to offer it for $75 +tax :-(
Decided to switch to Bell today, went with a bundle. Got 1.5gbps, 4k pvr with Better TV and Home Phone for $100 for 24 months. I was paying $90 with Rogers for the 1gbps service. So this was obvious switch for $10...
KOODO 8GB/$50 + 6GB/$15 = 14GB/$65 on medium tab w/iPhone 11

BST: Jordan1/Yeezy DS FS 😃
Jan 20, 2013
460 posts
72 upvotes
Woodbridge
taurine wrote: Decided to switch to Bell today, went with a bundle. Got 1.5gbps, 4k pvr with Better TV and Home Phone for $100 for 24 months. I was paying $90 with Rogers for the 1gbps service. So this was obvious switch for $10...
I do not have FTTH, only FTTN. Max 100mbps from Bell
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
5970 posts
677 upvotes
Ottawa
Crappymonkey wrote: I currently have 500u at $28/month and it's expiring March 23rd. I just called Rogers to find out if I could renew at that rate and was told that the best they could do was $75/month. Is this true or can I negotiate a better rate through another rep?
How do you find out when the deal is ending? I thought I had a one year deal but my bill doesn’t mention any expiry.
Aug 12, 2012
124 posts
35 upvotes
London, ON

Got this same email a day after cancelling, is it usually a waste of time? Not sure they will go lower than $64.95 per month which is what I am getting with Bell for 1 year. Anyone know how long you have to be away from Rogers to be considered a new customer again? Heard you can have spouse sign up too.
Jun 30, 2009
817 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
jeeva86 wrote: How do you find out when the deal is ending? I thought I had a one year deal but my bill doesn’t mention any expiry.

I called them and asked when my deal expires. I couldn't find it on my bill and didn't want to suddenly start paying $120 a month for my service.
Jan 2, 2014
583 posts
206 upvotes
dmbcanada wrote: Image

Got this same email a day after cancelling, is it usually a waste of time? Not sure they will go lower than $64.95 per month which is what I am getting with Bell for 1 year. Anyone know how long you have to be away from Rogers to be considered a new customer again? Heard you can have spouse sign up too.
I did the spouse thing 2 years ago then my expiry was happening in December, I cancelled and said I was going elsewhere... they came back gave me the $35 Gig internet (I didn't take TV, didn't need it)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
5970 posts
677 upvotes
Ottawa
Crappymonkey wrote: I called them and asked when my deal expires. I couldn't find it on my bill and didn't want to suddenly start paying $120 a month for my service.
I live chatted with them and my current $38+tax pricing for 500u is in effect until feb 2020, so will revisit next year
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1213 posts
426 upvotes
GTA
Any reps here msg me, Got my $99 gigabit + tv from a member on here 2 years ago. Plan is up Feb 3rd
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12695 posts
2798 upvotes
Markham
GSpeed wrote: Any reps here msg me, Got my $99 gigabit + tv from a member on here 2 years ago. Plan is up Feb 3rd
I know a rep and he told me himself that winback will have better offers than what he can offer to existing customers because they have access to different discounts and credits. If you are a new customer though, signing up through a rep is the way to go to get the best deal and term.
Dec 5, 2004
324 posts
35 upvotes
Just called. 500mb is $50. 1gb is $60 and 150mb is $35.

Not best deal. But I took 150mb since I don't use much. Still big save from $85 bundle of 1gb + TV + phone. Why others always luckier. Lol.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1213 posts
426 upvotes
GTA
RolandCouch wrote: I know a rep and he told me himself that winback will have better offers than what he can offer to existing customers because they have access to different discounts and credits. If you are a new customer though, signing up through a rep is the way to go to get the best deal and term.
Wife can always sign up :D
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1029 posts
349 upvotes
Mississauga
dmbcanada wrote: Just put a cancellation in for end of month on my 500u + Premier. Was paying $118.63 taxes in, rep on phone could only offer same for $107 for 1 year. Decided to go with Bell Fibe + ALT TV for 1 year $73 all in.
Did you get a Winback call from Rogers after your cancellation?

Thread Information

There are currently 39 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 36 guests)

perfectos, deleon, firstorlast