Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4146 posts
2218 upvotes
Hi guys, my plan is ending on Feb 4th I believe.

I’m on the 1gbit and premier TV for $99 in the London area. I just got a call from a rep saying my plan is ending and he offered me “up to $130 in saving” on the same plan and I asked if it’s guarantee and he said no.

Is there any reps in my London region who have plans right now to offer?

I’d even go to 500U and crappier TV package.
i97ww4 wrote: Just called. 500mb is $50. 1gb is $60 and 150mb is $35.

Not best deal. But I took 150mb since I don't use much. Still big save from $85 bundle of 1gb + TV + phone. Why others always luckier. Lol.
How can I get that deal!?!?
Oct 7, 2017
176 posts
60 upvotes
Rogers 60m $25 is so far so good. Will wait Bell deal this Christmas before my Rogers promotion end.
Aug 12, 2012
124 posts
35 upvotes
London, ON
MyDream1 wrote: Did you get a Winback call from Rogers after your cancellation?
No call just an email from them to call. Not sure if it worth calling.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17286 posts
4045 upvotes
Toronto
Myyykkee wrote: I just signed up with a Rogers rep.

Ignite Gigabit
Popular TV w/ PVR
Crave TV, HBO and TMN free for 12 months
Basic Home Phone

No contract, no installaton fee and $100 credit

$101.69 (taxes in) for the first 12 months
$112.99 (taxes in) for the next 12 months
I got something a bit more expensive, but with Premier TV, also in the GTA. Thanks for the heads up people.

However, I was not able to get HBO for that 12 months. The rep tried adding it but it wouldn't fly. However, the rep was able to give it to me for a couple of months. Oh well, I guess I'll have to pay extra for Game of Thrones, since it doesn't begin airing until April, but at least it will only be for a few months. OTOH, I won't have to pay extra for Space, which I'd want for for the entire 2 years.

It looks like you're paying $89.99 plus tax each month for the first year. I'm paying $15 more at $104.99 plus tax. That works out to $118.64. Note that Space is $7 per month if you get Popular TV, so with Space the $89.99 Popular package would be $96.99 or $109.60 tax in.
Jan 4, 2019
1 posts
Hey there! I would love this deal as well! if you could help me out that would be marvelous!
Dec 27, 2007
2 posts
Ottawa
The number to the rogers senior customer care line 1-866-695-9367 does not seem to work any longer. I already spoke to the loyalty department and could not get a reasonable offer. Any suggestions?
Dec 27, 2007
2 posts
Ottawa
The number to the rogers senior customer care line 1-866-695-9367 does not seem to work any longer. I already spoke to the loyalty department and could not get a reasonable offer. Any suggestions?
Oct 2, 2017
1 posts
I’m a current Rogers customer with gigabit internet spending $80 a month. From reviewing what some of you are paying, I think I’m paying too much. Any Reps in the Innisfil / Bradford area that can hook me up?
Aug 31, 2011
360 posts
80 upvotes
My $24.99 500u ends March 20/19. They're trying really hard to get me off my $16.99 Lite TV and not offering any stand-alone promos for internet.

I guess I'll just give my cancellation notice for internet next month and see what happens.
Jan 4, 2019
21 posts
5 upvotes
News Flash - For those who are waiting to sign up for Ignite TV but haven't because of the $149.99 installation fee, i spoke to a Roger's rep who told me that the installation fee is now only $49.99 - $100.00 off. There are also some 'goodies' they are adding to anyone signing up (can't divulge because he asked me not too) He said there will also be other 'goodies' down the road, which he knew of but wasn't able to let me know what they were.

Even with the $100.00 off, i would still be paying around that much more than i am for my 'ancient' package so i told him i'll wait till my promo is up in Feb/20!

Didn't see this info. posted anywhere so i hope i'm the first to give the possible good news to others - enjoy!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17286 posts
4045 upvotes
Toronto
SoulSeeker wrote: News Flash - For those who are waiting to sign up for Ignite TV but haven't because of the $149.99 installation fee, i spoke to a Roger's rep who told me that the installation fee is now only $49.99 - $100.00 off. There are also some 'goodies' they are adding to anyone signing up (can't divulge because he asked me not too) He said there will also be other 'goodies' down the road, which he knew of but wasn't able to let me know what they were.

Even with the $100.00 off, i would still be paying around that much more than i am for my 'ancient' package so i told him i'll wait till my promo is up in Feb/20!

Didn't see this info. posted anywhere so i hope i'm the first to give the possible good news to others - enjoy!
Some getting new accounts with bundled services (TV + internet + home phone) are getting their installation fees waived. In addition, some are getting a $100 credit on top of that, and there is no contract. See this post.

YMMV though, and it may depend upon location too.
Jan 4, 2019
21 posts
5 upvotes
Are you talking about the new Ignite IPTV offering by Rogers?

That's what i was talking about - not to be confused with the 3 bundle Nextbox offering.

I know many people were put off by the $149.99 installation fee & had read, i think on RFD, someone mentioned some new news about Ignite come the new year - but i was quite suprised when the rep mentioned it to me today - plus a list of 'goodies' he offered me but asked me not to mention on the forum. The $100.00 off the installation isn't even listed on their website as of yet - i told him they should have done it the first day they offered it!!

Needless to say, they are bracing themselves for a wack of people signing up.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17286 posts
4045 upvotes
Toronto
SoulSeeker wrote: Are you talking about the new Ignite IPTV offering by Rogers?

That's what i was talking about - not to be confused with the 3 bundle Nextbox offering.
Yes, Ignite IPTV + internet + home phone.
May 16, 2010
66 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
just got offered the following:

$89.99/month + tax
popular tv
1 pvr
Ignite Gigabit

is that good?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12695 posts
2798 upvotes
Markham
Makaveli_99 wrote: just got offered the following:

$89.99/month + tax
popular tv
1 pvr
Ignite Gigabit

is that good?
New customer? Retentions? Winback? Term? Anything else thrown in?

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 3 guests)

perfectos, goofball, seadooxp30, testmann