Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Nov 6, 2010
19 posts
2 upvotes
Pickering, ON
cassador wrote: For those of you with cancellations in place, note that you can can call Winback if you have not heard from them in a few days.
If they ask why you you called just say you might have missed a call from them. If they don't ask don't say anything. Less is more lol.
As long as you have a cancellation in place they should speak with you.

You may go to voicemail. If so, just leave a message with your name, phone number and account number. Keep it brief.
WINBACK TEAM - 1-866-600-9112

I believe they work normal business hours. If you do call and the opportunity is there, ask them what their hours are and kindly share.

Good luck!
Thanks Cassador
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2004
3899 posts
294 upvotes
Markham
cassador wrote: For those of you with cancellations in place, note that you can can call Winback if you have not heard from them in a few days.
If they ask why you you called just say you might have missed a call from them. If they don't ask don't say anything. Less is more lol.
As long as you have a cancellation in place they should speak with you.

You may go to voicemail. If so, just leave a message with your name, phone number and account number. Keep it brief.
WINBACK TEAM - 1-866-600-9112

I believe they work normal business hours. If you do call and the opportunity is there, ask them what their hours are and kindly share.

Good luck!
Thank you for all the pointers!

After placing the cancellation on Monday and offered the 1-month free until Aug. 4, received no calls as others who took this offer have mentioned. I just went ahead and called the Winback # 1-866-431-5632 @okko08 mentioned, just said I received a call from this number and want to see what it's about.

The rep quickly took my information for verification and offered me the following:

Gigabit Internet (was on 500u before) + Premier TV (w/ Fairchild and US Timeshifting Pack)
Equipment all stay the same (1-pvr rental, the rest I own)
Home Phone cancelled (had basic home phone before this, but only kept because it was required for bundle pricing)
Total $147.46/mth tax-in, I was paying $172 for the past year and was offered $222 when I called retentions to cancel. Offer good for 1-year, will have to play this winback game again next year. My 1-month free still applies, so I shouldn't get billed until the August cycle.

Call took less than 10-minutes and they did not question much about whether I actually received a call from them, sounds like as long as I had a cancellation in place, they were cool with giving me an offer.
Jul 1, 2020
4 posts
3 upvotes
ON
does anyone else get anxious having to negotiate with Rogers? My yearly promo just ended and now I have to do the usual (stressful for me) song and dance and hope for a good deal. I am currently still on regular cable and was paying 189.99:

Premier TV Package + Luso Prestige Package,
Ignite Internet 300 Unlimited w/ rocket wi-fi modem
home phone

The "deal" currently being offered to me through My Rogers is:

Ignite Internet (up to 500 Mbps)
Ignite Wifi Gateway modem rental
Ignite TV (120 channels + 87 Flex) (1 ignite tv box rental and 1 additional ignite tv box)
Ignite home phone (unlimited local calling)
All for the fantastic price of 212.99!

I don't think so. I am willing to go down on the tv channels, probably Flex 20+Sports package, but keep the luso-package (which is 30/mnth). I may also lose the phone.
I have been lurking around and see a few people got good deals, both on legacy cable and Ignite. How do I leverage this with Rogers? I see people cancel and wait for the WinBack call. Does this really work? are the prices really good? They seem to be, but I did the same last year and only ended up with $189.99 (which was cheaper than what I had paid previously)! Any advice out there for someone who really is stressed by all this playing around?

Thanks in advance!
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
i-o_o-i wrote: Thank you for all the pointers!

After placing the cancellation on Monday and offered the 1-month free until Aug. 4, received no calls as others who took this offer have mentioned. I just went ahead and called the Winback # 1-866-431-5632 @okko08 mentioned, just said I received a call from this number and want to see what it's about.

The rep quickly took my information for verification and offered me the following:

Gigabit Internet (was on 500u before) + Premier TV (w/ Fairchild and US Timeshifting Pack)
Equipment all stay the same (1-pvr rental, the rest I own)
Home Phone cancelled (had basic home phone before this, but only kept because it was required for bundle pricing)
Total $147.46/mth tax-in, I was paying $172 for the past year and was offered $222 when I called retentions to cancel. Offer good for 1-year, will have to play this winback game again next year. My 1-month free still applies, so I shouldn't get billed until the August cycle.

Call took less than 10-minutes and they did not question much about whether I actually received a call from them, sounds like as long as I had a cancellation in place, they were cool with giving me an offer.
You're welcome and I'm glad it all worked out for you!

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
User072494 wrote: does anyone else get anxious having to negotiate with Rogers? My yearly promo just ended and now I have to do the usual (stressful for me) song and dance and hope for a good deal. I am currently still on regular cable and was paying 189.99:

Premier TV Package + Luso Prestige Package,
Ignite Internet 300 Unlimited w/ rocket wi-fi modem
home phone

The "deal" currently being offered to me through My Rogers is:

Ignite Internet (up to 500 Mbps)
Ignite Wifi Gateway modem rental
Ignite TV (120 channels + 87 Flex) (1 ignite tv box rental and 1 additional ignite tv box)
Ignite home phone (unlimited local calling)
All for the fantastic price of 212.99!

I don't think so. I am willing to go down on the tv channels, probably Flex 20+Sports package, but keep the luso-package (which is 30/mnth). I may also lose the phone.
I have been lurking around and see a few people got good deals, both on legacy cable and Ignite. How do I leverage this with Rogers? I see people cancel and wait for the WinBack call. Does this really work? are the prices really good? They seem to be, but I did the same last year and only ended up with $189.99 (which was cheaper than what I had paid previously)! Any advice out there for someone who really is stressed by all this playing around?

Thanks in advance!
Hahaha....it's called Rogers anxiety. You're not alone.

The Winback process works. See the following link for my two posts with the process and my experience.
Everyone's pricing will be different so read some of the last pages to see what people are getting. And remember to not say that you saw X pricing on RFD and you want the same.
They will not be helpful once you say that.
rogers-rogers-cable-retentions-new-cust ... #p34398217

Good luck
Last edited by cassador on Jul 8th, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Apr 11, 2007
13 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
Hi, I am looking for internet for my mother-in-law in Ottawa. Are there any reps that can reach out regarding current promotions.
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
canadeel wrote: Looking for Rogers internet deals
New connection
Postal Code: L5B 3Y9
Starting 29-Jul
Speed: Min 500mbps, preferably gigabit

please feel free to PM the offers or contacts.
kenmck wrote: Hi, I am looking for internet for my mother-in-law in Ottawa. Are there any reps that can reach out regarding current promotions.
THERE ARE NO AUTHORIZED REPS REACHING OUT!

This is not the Bell Thread!

NEW AND EXISTING CUSTOMERS PROCESS:
Summary of the current process, followed by a post with my experience as an existing customer.

Pricing from Field Sales Reps is from June. Waiting on updates.

Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2569 posts
1818 upvotes
Waterloo
Put in my post-dated cancellation this afternoon... was not offered a free month. My rep seemed very nervous and kinda new... so maybe she didn't know that this was available.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2569 posts
1818 upvotes
Waterloo
cadave wrote: Put in my post-dated cancellation this afternoon... was not offered a free month. My rep seemed very nervous and kinda new... so maybe she didn't know that this was available.
Already got a call from the Ambassador team... that was fast.

Was on legacy gigabit + select TV... got offered a $65 guaranteed discount for 12 months to switch to Ignite. End up going with Gigabit + Flex 10 TV for $84.99/month.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Dec 22, 2010
147 posts
25 upvotes
North York
Looking for a internet deal
new customer
for Brampton L6V 3Y5
please pm me
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
gogoboy wrote: Looking for a internet deal
new customer
for Brampton L6V 3Y5
please pm me
THERE ARE NO AUTHORIZED REPS REACHING OUT!

This is not the Bell Thread!

NEW AND EXISTING CUSTOMERS PROCESS:
Summary of the current process, followed by a post with my experience as an existing customer.

Pricing from Field Sales Reps is from June. Waiting on updates.

May 26, 2021
5 posts
2 upvotes
Hello, seeking some advice.

I had credits on our home internet (500mb ignite) which expired end of June. I called CS in May, escalated to speak with a manager as well, and wasn't offered much of anything. She said to call back before expiry and see if anything better was available. When I called CS again in June, they said there was $0 ZERO credits they could offer me. Been calling Rogers for household and wireless services for like 20 years, that was a first.

Placed and confirmed a cancellation for end of June after credits expired. Service will fully disconnect end of July now. I did not receive any callback from Rogers. How should I proceed now, do I contact retentions or winback directly now? I never had to place a cancellation before.

I just want to know for certain if Rogers will actually offer anything, or I should look into booking an appointment with Bell or other ISP.

Thank you.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2792 posts
419 upvotes
Mississauga
jxlv23 wrote: Hello, seeking some advice.

I had credits on our home internet (500mb ignite) which expired end of June. I called CS in May, escalated to speak with a manager as well, and wasn't offered much of anything. She said to call back before expiry and see if anything better was available. When I called CS again in June, they said there was $0 ZERO credits they could offer me. Been calling Rogers for household and wireless services for like 20 years, that was a first.

Placed and confirmed a cancellation for end of June after credits expired. Service will fully disconnect end of July now. I did not receive any callback from Rogers. How should I proceed now, do I contact retentions or winback directly now? I never had to place a cancellation before.

I just want to know for certain if Rogers will actually offer anything, or I should look into booking an appointment with Bell or other ISP.

Thank you.
Put in a cancellation. Could be a week or 2 or 1 month.

As the days get closer, if no call back. Go to Bell! If they don’t call you back after, I guess their loss.
Feb 28, 2011
774 posts
732 upvotes
YYZ
Anyone have the July deals from uptown wireless?
I do not respond to requests that are only for private, one-on-one technical help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate thread where they may help others as well.
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Snuupy wrote: Anyone have the July deals from uptown wireless?
I checked on Tuesday, nothing yet!

May 26, 2021
5 posts
2 upvotes
I think it's been 3 weeks or so since I placed our cancellation? I have another 3 weeks before services disconnect for good. Have not received any call back from Rogers. Confused Face

Anyone have experience calling winback directly if you haven't received a call from them, but DO have a cancellation in place?
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
jxlv23 wrote: I think it's been 3 weeks or so since I placed our cancellation? I have another 3 weeks before services disconnect for good. Have not received any call back from Rogers. Confused Face

Anyone have experience calling winback directly if you haven't received a call from them, but DO have a cancellation in place?
rogers-rogers-cable-retentions-new-cust ... #p34703892

Apr 20, 2002
48 posts
24 upvotes
I got nothing special via Rogers chat. 119 plus tax for 500u and flex 20 sports plus a installation fee. Asked to cancel.

Got a call back later in the day and was offered the same for 84.99 plus tax for one year. No installation fees
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2004
3899 posts
294 upvotes
Markham
jxlv23 wrote: I think it's been 3 weeks or so since I placed our cancellation? I have another 3 weeks before services disconnect for good. Have not received any call back from Rogers. Confused Face

Yes, I just called the winback number yesterday after having placed my cancellation earlier this week. Refer to my post on the previous page
May 29, 2009
8 posts
20 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Posting my experience for posterity.

Old plan:
300u Internet
Popular TV
Home phone
$163 after taxes

Discounts were expiring on July 8, so I called in to cancel on June 30 with a cancellation date for July 8. Waited until July 5 for a callback and did not receive one, so I left a message at the ambassador number (866-600-9112) after hours. Received a call back the next morning (July 6) and spoke to a very nice lady who set me up with this new deal.

New plan:
Ignite 500u Internet (+new XB7 modem to replace the old CODA)
Ignite TV Flex 20+ Sports (1 box included, $8/mo for each additional box - I ordered 2 boxes so +$8/mo to pricing)
Crave/HBO/Movies promotion (free for 2 months, $20/mo after that to keep)
Ignite home phone
$116 after taxes ($178 - $75 discount = $103 + taxes)

I asked about keeping the legacy services but she said they are phasing it out so she didn't have any offers for legacy. She also offered a free professional tech installation if I needed it (normally $90 or so) but I went with self install. Equipment shipped and arrived the next afternoon (July 7), hooked everything up the morning after that (July 8). Overall a pretty painless process. Getting a nice and courteous rep is always a relief.

The only issue I have now is that my previous bill that is showing on my account from June 30 (which would be the first bill without my old discounted price) is set to be auto paid July 14. The rep said this bill should be prorated, so something like July 1 to July 7 at the old price, then July 8 to July 30 at the new price. I'm going to call in and make sure this bill is correct before the auto pay kicks in so I don't have a hassle on my hands later.

Thanks everyone for the help in this thread and good luck.

EDIT: Detailing Legacy -> Ignite setup process

Legacy setup was 3 pieces of equipment, the telephone modem (requires coax cable, phone line) and internet modem (coax cable in, ethernet out to my own router), a cable TV box for each TV in the house (coax cable connection). I had my coax cable out from the wall split in 2 to plug in to both modems. Telephone was then taken from the modem and split out to serve the rest of the house (some wired, some wireless sets). Internet modem was setup in bridge mode, so just coax cable in, then 1 ethernet cable out to my own router.

Ignite setup is now the modem (XB7) and an Ignite TV box for each TV (wireless, or wired if you prefer). The new XB7 is all in one, so it has 2 telephone jacks, 4 ethernet, 1 coax and power. The boxes came with 1 coax cable, 1 short CAT6 ethernet cable, and some coax cap covers. So the installation for me was:
  • Change the old split coax cable to the new one straight to the XB7 modem
  • Same old telephone cable went straight over to the XB7, no other changes needed there
  • Used the short ethernet cable to hook XB7 up to a nearby computer for testing/configuration
  • Tested to see if internet worked (it did)
  • Accessed modem settings for configuration (10.0.0.1 is the default ip), turned off the wifi and set it to bridge mode
  • Removed that short ethernet cable and replaced it with the one running to my own router (which is set up for the rest of my network - all other devices now connected to the internet)
  • Set up 2 cable boxes (just power on, follow on screen instructions/manual provided), both configured for wifi but 1 plugged in to ethernet (they have 1 ethernet port on the back)
  • Capped all old coax terminals in my house (they can potentially degrade signal if not capped)

It took a few minutes for TV service to kick in (box was throwing an error code saying no connection, then came on), but the switch over was automatic. With these "flex channels" for TV you can exchange channels through the online account portal. It took a few hours for this option to show up in my account (~6 hours after installation).

It comes with instructions on how to mail in your old equipment but I believe you can also drop it off at any Rogers Plus store (call ahead to make an appointment). I'll be doing that in a few days time.

Using the XB7 in bridge mode is not officially supported by Rogers so I don't think they'll help you if you have problems, but there is help online. I followed this thread:

Using the Ignite TV Modem/Gateway in Bridge Mode

It has only been a day but things are running well. My parents are the ones that watch TV mostly, but I was interested in the new Ignite TV so I played with it a bit. It's overall much nicer and more modern than the old Nextboxes we were using (I think ours were 2.0). No video/audio drops that I have seen thus far. Guide feels snappy. Lots of extra features, information, and configuration options. Some built in apps (Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc.). Voice control on the remote if you want to use that (you can say the name of a channel and it switches to it, or to open an app). One nice simple feature is that the TV guide can be filtered to show all channels or only channels that you actually have. My parents love this since they don't have to worry about clicking on a channel only to see we don't actually get it.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions.
Last edited by Tek_ on Jul 14th, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)