Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
2371 posts
1270 upvotes
Durham
was just offered $73.99 via phone retentions =/ will try fb chat now
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3317 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
birdieman1288 wrote: Did you check back ?
i was actually able to get the 1 gbit internet for $44 through FB chat. Also guys dont forget Bell is also increasing their rates by $6 in Feb or March.
====================================
Jan 23, 2007
203 posts
99 upvotes
London
I spoke with rogers on the phone. I got a pm here by someone, offering 1gig for $54.99. On the phone, they said the offer should have been $59.99 for 1gig. I tried chatting with rogers on fb but as I'm not a current customer, they said they can't help me...

So confused as to what's a good deal or not..
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4425 posts
2069 upvotes
I got offer 1gig for $49.99+tax through Rogers chat. I am still undecided so rep said they put offer on my file. Would that kill any better deal if I try FB chat? I will wait till next week to try FB chat, then maybe ambassador line to see if I can get better deal
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
8647 posts
1651 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Using FB chat, $49.99 for 500U for me + $3 price increase coming in February or $54.99 for 1GB + $3 price increase.
For me that works out to basically a 30% increase in price for half the speed. I don't mind paying a reasonable price, but I hate this annual nuisance with rogers.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1092 posts
638 upvotes
its messed up but I cancelled with rogers over a month ago and switched to fido 150u and I get the same speeds as I did before. They gave me the same type of modem and the price is a helluva lot cheaper too. Was on the gigabit plan with rogers prior to the switch.
Jan 2, 2009
642 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
$30/m for 500mb at the start, now at $46 before my promo is going to expire. Best they can offer is $65+tax for 1gb. What a joke.
May 18, 2019
462 posts
149 upvotes
K85 wrote: I spoke with rogers on the phone. I got a pm here by someone, offering 1gig for $54.99. On the phone, they said the offer should have been $59.99 for 1gig. I tried chatting with rogers on fb but as I'm not a current customer, they said they can't help me...

If you are a new customer then door-to-door reps will have the best promotions for you.
Jul 24, 2012
85 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Yearly battle with rogers begins. They are only giving discounts if I switch to Ignite. Currently have popular TV, 500mbps internet and unlimited Canada wide calling (with 6 features) for $120 a month tax in. They are quoting $138.99 + tax for ignite equivalent
Jan 19, 2015
107 posts
29 upvotes
CanadianMatt wrote: Was just offered

Premier TV
Gigabit internet
Home phone
6 months of crave and HBO
124 tax in

25 bucks cheaper then what I was paying.
Ignite or digital and are you in Bell's FTTH area?
Jan 13, 2017
79 posts
10 upvotes
K85 wrote: I spoke with rogers on the phone. I got a pm here by someone, offering 1gig for $54.99. On the phone, they said the offer should have been $59.99 for 1gig. I tried chatting with rogers on fb but as I'm not a current customer, they said they can't help me...

Apparently to my experience, FB is only for existing customers. They would get a sales rep to contact you from Rogers, or as @NobleFalcon1 stated, door to door rep may be the best chance.
Dec 22, 2016
287 posts
221 upvotes
SW Ontario
DonR04 wrote: Ignite or digital and are you in Bell's FTTH area?

Digital. I have always had it. Even the reps told me to stick with these deals as ignite was was to much in my area. I'm in SW ontario. My term is up in NOV and own all my boxes and am happy with my setup so far. So cheaper cost overall is what I'm gearing towards.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2009
1216 posts
151 upvotes
Hello hello,

I just got off with a manager and this is what I was offered (after I gave a complaint on a rep I spoke to a few days ago):

All in 98$~

Ignite Internet 150-Unlimited
Cable TV Premier Package? (including Crave+ or something for 6 months along with the 3 Chinese channels I need)

Can get 2 more cable boxes for 133~ though I believe they have offered reduced prices down to 10$~ (?) for 2 additional boxes in the past so I told him to just leave a quote on my file.

Pull the trigger?
Pride.Honour.Respect.Love.
Jan 16, 2020
1 posts
I'm in the Etobicoke area. Over chat I asked about promos for new customers and got a quote of $49.99 for 500U. Any tips on how I could get a better price?
Can anyone send me the contact info for a door to door rep?

Thanks!

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 5 guests)

perfectos, deleon, goofball, seadooxp30, testmann