Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Jan 19, 2015
123 posts
41 upvotes
napasah wrote: $89.99/mo + tax
Ignite Internet Gigabit
Ignite TV Flex 20 + Sports
That sounds like a very good deal. I am paying $99.99 + tax for 150 Internet and Flex 20 + Sports
Jan 19, 2015
123 posts
41 upvotes
carmaster wrote: How is everyone's experience with Ignite?
I am much happier with it, than I ever thought I would be. I was rejecting the offers for almost two years, not only because the price didn't sound right, but also because I was hearing and reading about many technical issues. Maybe they got rid of the initial problems, but now it seems to be working smooth for me.
Sep 23, 2020
71 posts
95 upvotes
what are the current retention offers. i've got 1Gb+tv+phone (don't need it) for $99/mo. anything come close or should i go to bell. N6P
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
rxkrxk wrote: what are the current retention offers. i've got 1Gb+tv+phone (don't need it) for $99/mo. anything come close or should i go to bell. N6P
There is no set pricing menu for retention offers. There are no retention reps on RFD.
Some good info right on this page for starters.

Do some reading to see what other members have shared. Again, everyone's situation will be different.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
If you decide to call make sure to tell customer service to transfer you to a manager and they will give you a better deal.
Oct 24, 2015
20 posts
6 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Update: Winback called this morning. Representative said there were no deals for my digital tv package pushing everyone to ignite. Ended up switching to ignite. Bell was about the same. 500/flex 20+sports/home phone. 120+taxes. I didn’t think it’s the greatest but tired of dealing with it. Good luck to everyone out there.
Nov 13, 2019
39 posts
71 upvotes
penniesandquarters wrote: Update: Winback called this morning. Representative said there were no deals for my digital tv package pushing everyone to ignite. Ended up switching to ignite. Bell was about the same. 500/flex 20+sports/home phone. 120+taxes. I didn’t think it’s the greatest but tired of dealing with it. Good luck to everyone out there.
How long ago did you put in the cancellation? Still waiting for my call from winback :(
Apr 12, 2009
11 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
My current promo ends Sept 26.

Ignite Internet 500
Ignite TV Premier
Ignite Home Phone
$205 + tax
- $85 discount (promo ending Sept 26)
+ $20 for 2 extra tv box rentals

I used Rogers Live Chat and the agent offered $60 discount x 12 months and $20 discount for the tv box rentals, so net discount of $80 (so price increase of $5/month).
I took the deal to avoid going back and forth with Rogers
Oct 13, 2008
435 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Is it just me, or are the old TV packages way better than the new ones?

My "Popular" package has over 200 channels (including all the sports channels and the big movie/network channels). The equivalent package now (Flex 20 + Sports) only has like 40 channels! You've gotta pay extra for channels like ABC and NBC... what a joke! I'm never changing my cable package as long as I can keep it.
Dec 24, 2006
255 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
Looking for an internet deal, was paying 59+tax until July for gigabit ignite. Now paying 103+tax, I'd like to get as close to my old pricing as possible. Please DM if you can help out.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Why is Ignite tv recordings only limited to 200hrs? Since it's the Cloud it should be higher no?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1704 posts
1792 upvotes
Just did my annual renewal using online chat (previously I always did the cancel/call back).

This was a much more pleasant experience.
Current: 500u ignite for $50

I noticed a promotional offer on my account for 1gig with smart stream for $60. Not bad but I have zero use for smart stream and didn't really want to spend more.

Chat agent was really helpful. She had told me that she couldn't get me anything at the $50 or under mark at this time, but could offer me the 1gb (without smart stream) for $55. I wasn't super thrilled as I don't necessarily need more speed and wanted to keep my bill down. But I accepted the offer.

However, the agent was having a hard time getting the promotion added to my plan and needed to get the support team involved. They eventually came back and said they could do 1gb at 44.99$ which I accepted.

Happy with the results. See you all again in a year :)
Dec 4, 2009
87 posts
36 upvotes
Woodstock
Set cancellation today...

Offer was 1 GB for 79.99
Aug 14, 2022
4 posts
1 upvote
Hello,

I am looking at cable/phone/internet options.

Looking at getting either 150Mbit or 500Mbit speed. Phone should have called ID and Voice Mail.

Area code M6C.

Thanks
Aug 14, 2022
2 posts
1 upvote
Inquiring about a deal on Ignite 150/500, internet only, for N2G 0B4. Thank you kindly.
May 10, 2021
2 posts
New Customer looking for 500 or 1gb internet only
Oshawa L1J
Called and they couldn't get me anything lower than $85. Let me know if you can help!
Aug 14, 2022
1 posts
Looking for an Internet deal. New Customer. 500 speed should be enough.
I'm in Ottawa K2S. Can anyone help me get a good deal?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Baha66ca