Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
It is.

It's Gigabit and Popular TV for 99.

I don;t think you can just get Gigabit for 99.
Nov 4, 2016
17 posts
1 upvote
1gigabit internet from Rogers without promotion is $150. its always better to do for the promotion. if you dont want tv never install tv
Nov 4, 2016
17 posts
1 upvote
If you have the territory managers they can help you out with the ignite 100mbps unlimited with no contract and price guaranteed for 2 years for $60.
Last edited by WorldIRC on Nov 8th, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Requests for PM are not permitted
Banned
Oct 17, 2016
378 posts
134 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
spweedoo wrote: Can anyone reiterate whether or not the 99$ gigabit deal is still active? New prospective customer and would love to get that plan. I'd have to cancel with Bell (current service provider), would be super thankful if Rogers could credit he 150 cancellation fee too.

I'd really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction, thanks :)
This is my first bill after installation of the Popular TV Package + Gigabit Internet ... $99.99+taxes ...

PM me if you want the deal as I can give you the rep's contact.
IMAG5655_1.jpg
Mitsubishi Lancer RULES.
Oct 30, 2016
42 posts
9 upvotes
matradley wrote:
HippoMona wrote: I'm an existing customer... sounds so complicated and I'm in a contract now, so I don't know whether I can really cancel my contract without penalty.
Only the upper echelon is really able to do much about the Early Cancelation Fee. When I had my account switched over by the Office of the President, they waived the ECF.
Hey just curious, typically how long did it take for you to get email replies from OOTP?
They contacted me by email saying U63 isnt available to me, i replied Thursday Nov 3rd and havent heard back.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
Kane29 wrote:
matradley wrote:
HippoMona wrote: I'm an existing customer... sounds so complicated and I'm in a contract now, so I don't know whether I can really cancel my contract without penalty.
Only the upper echelon is really able to do much about the Early Cancelation Fee. When I had my account switched over by the Office of the President, they waived the ECF.
Hey just curious, typically how long did it take for you to get email replies from OOTP?
They contacted me by email saying U63 isnt available to me, i replied Thursday Nov 3rd and havent heard back.
Sometimes it took days. I would send a follow up.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Jan 26, 2014
890 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto, ON
does rogers not send you to retention's department anymore ? I just cancelled my internet without having to go though retention department.
Aug 22, 2007
770 posts
118 upvotes
Markham
hrm not bad. Since I signed up all 3 products with rogers I got 6 months free of netflix. Since I already am a netflix user, I got credited $71.94 to my netflix account. Not bad.

Haven't been able to get post 30 Mb/s upload but I rarely upload so no big deal to me.

Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
2045 posts
193 upvotes
Guelph
xdragus wrote: hrm not bad. Since I signed up all 3 products with rogers I got 6 months free of netflix. Since I already am a netflix user, I got credited $71.94 to my netflix account. Not bad.

Haven't been able to get post 30 Mb/s upload but I rarely upload so no big deal to me.

Hey I received the email for my 3 month free Netflix from Rogers, but I too already have Netflix. How did you manage the credit instead?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Sneaks wrote: Yeah well the user only has three posts and signed up 2d ago, so seemed a bit sketchy so I wasn't going to bother. Rather wait for zaidyboy to chime in. :)
lol I appreciate that.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
HippoMona wrote: Just tried to contact Rogers, the rep said $100 for 1GB internet & TV plan has expired. No longer in effect anymore.
yes it is.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
zaidyboy wrote:
HippoMona wrote: Just tried to contact Rogers, the rep said $100 for 1GB internet & TV plan has expired. No longer in effect anymore.
yes it is.
They finally expired the promo? I wonder what the "Black Friday" promo will be?
RFD 15 73H 1337
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
matradley wrote:
zaidyboy wrote:
yes it is.
Sorry meant to say, it's still available. Not sure where Hippo got their info from.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
zaidyboy wrote:
matradley wrote:
zaidyboy wrote:

yes it is.
Sorry meant to say, it's still available. Not sure where Hippo got their info from.
In Zaidyboy we trust. #MakeRogersGreatAgain
RFD 15 73H 1337
Aug 22, 2007
770 posts
118 upvotes
Markham
dtm252535 wrote:
xdragus wrote: hrm not bad. Since I signed up all 3 products with rogers I got 6 months free of netflix. Since I already am a netflix user, I got credited $71.94 to my netflix account. Not bad.

Hey I received the email for my 3 month free Netflix from Rogers, but I too already have Netflix. How did you manage the credit instead?
Click on the link in the email, it'll direct you to a rogers page.

Enter rogers account and submit the form. Then it'll have a link to netflix. If you're already logged into Netflix, it'll take you to a promo page that pretty much confirms the promotion and it'll credit the amount on your next subscription renewal.
May 16, 2015
945 posts
333 upvotes
York, ON
Got Rogers installed today and they gave me 4k PVR instead of PVR. I got the $99.99 ignite+popular tv. The Rogers guy said it came out a few days ago
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8426 posts
4667 upvotes
Durham
bigmac22 wrote: Got Rogers installed today and they gave me 4k PVR instead of PVR. I got the $99.99 ignite+popular tv. The Rogers guy said it came out a few days ago
Sweet .. but the 4K PVR is USELESS without having 4K Cable Package.

The Popular Package would NOT give you the 4K channels ...
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
May 16, 2015
945 posts
333 upvotes
York, ON
AV-Fishing wrote: Sweet .. but the 4K PVR is USELESS without having 4K Cable Package.

I don't have a 4k TV yet but the Rogers guy said Ur getting the newest PVR instead of the refurbished PVR that doesn't have 4k. So even though it might be unless at least I know I'm getting new PVR
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
2045 posts
193 upvotes
Guelph
AV-Fishing wrote: Sweet .. but the 4K PVR is USELESS without having 4K Cable Package.

I actually had the 4K channels for three or four days after install and figured it made sense that I'd get them with the 4K pvr.....then they disappeared. When you look at the popular package channel list online it has a 4K section and definitely leads one to believe they are included, nowhere on that page does it state they are extra.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

SolarMom